The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Blade Runner 2049 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57511)

Jondalar 10-09-2017 01:00 AM

Blade Runner 2049

Did anyone else see this movie? I loved this movie! Saw twice this weekend. Thought it was a masterpiece. Most immersive movie experience I've had because of the special effects.

Jondalar 10-11-2017 09:30 PM

I'm devastated that this movie isn't doing as well as expected. I've waited 35 years for a sequel and the sequel ends being a masterpiece that cost too much to make back its money. It's got to make $400 million to make back its money. What is wrong with audiences? This movie is 10x better than Star Wars. They will go to crap movies but not this gem. Now they are never going to make a third one.

SisterNightroad 10-12-2017 07:47 AM

I've just seen it yesterday, I enjoyed it more than I initially thought but it was the longest movie I'd seen in a lot of time, I entered the theatre at 20:40 and I left at almost midnight.

Initially I didn't have high expectations because a sequel of a cult movie of 35 years ago is risky, but I ended up liking it. I liked Ryan Gosling performance, but I would have liked a little more Harrison Ford.

Jondalar 10-12-2017 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1217466)
I've just seen it yesterday, I enjoyed it more than I initially thought but it was the longest movie I'd seen in a lot of time, I entered the theatre at 20:40 and I left at almost midnight.

Initially I didn't have high expectations because a sequel of a cult movie of 35 years ago is risky, but I ended up liking it. I liked Ryan Gosling performance, but I would have liked a little more Harrison Ford.

I liked the women - Joy, Luv, Robin Wright. What was most appealing was the visuals. It made me feel like I was there. The movie fealt like a poem that took its time telling a story. I just felt it was a masterpiece. It really let people escape into another world. The way they executed the hologram Joy was so perfect.

However, devastation is my middle name. I should of known that it wouldn't make enough to merit a third installment. The first one didn't make money, except on video. It was only after future generations hailed it as a masterpiece and 35 years later that they made this one.

Please let this movie get nominated for a bunch of awards, so it makes more money. Keep the politically correct Nazis at bay so they don't hurt its chances. They've already started criticizing it for stupid reasons.

iamnotafraid 10-20-2017 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1217472)

Please let this movie get nominated for a bunch of awards, so it makes more money. Keep the politically correct Nazis at bay so they don't hurt its chances. They've already started criticizing it for stupid reasons.

I think the running time of the film is one of the
things that is hurting it.

It'll make it's money back if you add in the overseas
markets. Then of course video. Which will probably
add even more time to the movie. As there are at least
three different versions of the original movie.

Can't be all bad - it does have Elvis.

I must have missed something. Who are these politically
correct Nazis you speak of? I've only heard good things about
the movie so far.

Jondalar 10-20-2017 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 1217712)
I think the running time of the film is one of the
things that is hurting it.

It'll make it's money back if you add in the overseas
markets. Then of course video. Which will probably
add even more time to the movie. As there are at least
three different versions of the original movie.

Can't be all bad - it does have Elvis.

I must have missed something. Who are these politically
correct Nazis you speak of? I've only heard good things about
the movie so far.

Some critics are giving it bad reviews, saying it's not diverse enough and doesn't like its portrayal of women. Well they are forgetting how many good roles there are for women in this picture and Let's also not forget that Sean Young and Daryl Hannah's careers were launched by first film.

iamnotafraid 10-22-2017 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1217713)
Some critics are giving it bad reviews, saying it's not diverse enough and doesn't like its portrayal of women...

Women replicants? The world has gone mad.