The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Just Thought I'd Share Thread (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=41544)

Macfanforever 10-23-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SummerlongBoots (Post 1066275)
Sorry to hear that, Skip. Anniversary's are tough. :sorry:

My grandmother passed from multiple myeloma, but that was a long time ago, in 1960.

Thank you.

HomerMcvie 10-23-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfanforever (Post 1066272)
Today marks the 9th year of the loss of my step dad Jim. He was 73 .He had multiple myeloma which our local meteorologist the late Dr Mel from WTNH here in New Haven had since 1996 .

My step dad had it for a short time.About a year in a half earlier he had to go in for a stomach surgery and never recovered from it.At that time he was diagnosed with multiple myeloma .

RIP.Jim.

I'm sorry to hear that, Skip. Hope you're doing okay.

Macfanforever 10-24-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1066278)
I'm sorry to hear that, Skip. Hope you're doing okay.

Thanks Homer.I'm ok.

WildHearted 10-27-2012 10:01 PM

Sorry for your loss, Skip. Hope you're doing alright.

So, I have pretty much concluded that my roommates (who are also my closest friends at college) are rude, selfish, inconsiderate people who don't care about me whatsoever. I have plenty of examples but I'll spare you. In short, I've recently changed my major which has made it possible for me to now get this degree @ the school my stepdad works at, which means I could live at home and be with my family. The only real thing keeping me @ the place I am now would be my social ties - my "friends" - but honestly they make me more upset than they do make me happy. So I am transferring in the fall, I have decided. It's probably best to tell my roommates now that I won't be renewing the lease because they will need to start looking for someone to take it over in the winter/early spring, but I'm just trying to decide if I should let them know how I really feel when I tell them, or just make up an excuse about my parents or something and say I have to go back home. Part of me really wants to just let it all out because I've been bottling up everything they've done to me and all my feelings for the past year and a half, but then another part of me just doesn't think it's worth it, and doesn't want to "burn my bridges" persay..

moon 10-28-2012 04:11 AM

Hi!

All the best to you, Skip. In october were 11 years since my dear grandfather passed away. I was too young, but since that I think he's watching me, from somewhere.

And WildHearted, I lived (or I'm still living, I don't know...) something similar. My old partners at the university were my best friends, but something happened and suddenly they gave me the back, and I don't know why.
I was following them for the last two years, calling them, trying to get a clue, but not being annoying, and they never answered, until today. I suppose they knew I wanted to talk face to face with them, because maybe I'm not someone who talks a lot, but I'm a listener and a observer, and some things talked for themselves. Now I know that one day I'll talk with them, and I'll resolve the questions, but not today, and not tomorrow... :shrug:

Regards!
Mark.

Macfanforever 10-28-2012 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildHearted (Post 1066434)

So, I have pretty much concluded that my roommates (who are also my closest friends at college) are rude, selfish, inconsiderate people who don't care about me whatsoever. I have plenty of examples but I'll spare you. In short, I've recently changed my major which has made it possible for me to now get this degree @ the school my stepdad works at, which means I could live at home and be with my family. The only real thing keeping me @ the place I am now would be my social ties - my "friends" - but honestly they make me more upset than they do make me happy. So I am transferring in the fall, I have decided. It's probably best to tell my roommates now that I won't be renewing the lease because they will need to start looking for someone to take it over in the winter/early spring, but I'm just trying to decide if I should let them know how I really feel when I tell them, or just make up an excuse about my parents or something and say I have to go back home. Part of me really wants to just let it all out because I've been bottling up everything they've done to me and all my feelings for the past year and a half, but then another part of me just doesn't think it's worth it, and doesn't want to "burn my bridges" persay..

Quote:

Originally Posted by moon (Post 1066436)
Hi!

All the best to you, Skip. In october were 11 years since my dear grandfather passed away. I was too young, but since that I think he's watching me, from somewhere.

And WildHearted, I lived (or I'm still living, I don't know...) something similar. My old partners at the university were my best friends, but something happened and suddenly they gave me the back, and I don't know why.
I was following them for the last two years, calling them, trying to get a clue, but not being annoying, and they never answered, until today. I suppose they knew I wanted to talk face to face with them, because maybe I'm not someone who talks a lot, but I'm a listener and a observer, and some things talked for themselves. Now I know that one day I'll talk with them, and I'll resolve the questions, but not today, and not tomorrow... :shrug:

Regards!
Mark.

Thanks guys for your nice comments.

Fireflies 10-28-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

make up an excuse.

Sleepless-Child 10-31-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Talk to them.
Things might even work out. Or at least you'll think about these times with less bitterness.

SummerlongBoots 11-01-2012 09:14 AM

Write them a song. :)

Quote:

So, :nod:I have pretty much concluded that my roommates (who are also my closest friends at college) are rude, selfish, inconsiderate people who don't care about me whatsoever. I have plenty of examples but I'll spare you. In short, I've recently changed my major which has made it possible for me to now get this degree @ the school my stepdad works at, which means I could live at home and be with my family. The only real thing keeping me @ the place I am now would be my social ties - my "friends" - but honestly they make me more upset than they do make me happy. So I am transferring in the fall, I have decided. It's probably best to tell my roommates now that I won't be renewing the lease because they will need to start looking for someone to take it over in the winter/early spring, but I'm just trying to decide if I should let them know how I really feel when I tell them, or just make up an excuse about my parents or something and say I have to go back home. Part of me really wants to just let it all out because I've been bottling up everything they've done to me and all my feelings for the past year and a half, but then another part of me just doesn't think it's worth it, and doesn't want to "burn my bridges" persay..

WildHearted 11-01-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SummerlongBoots (Post 1066589)
Write them a song. :)

:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYHN0m_mHdI

^ seems appropriate.

Thanks for the advice guys. I pretty much just told them I was transferring because it would be a lot less stressful on me to live at home, and cheaper for my parents. Which is true.

SummerlongBoots 11-01-2012 02:15 PM

Ahhh, absolute perfection and appropriate - all things considered, lol. :nod:

ButterCookie 11-01-2012 07:54 PM

Anyone else doing NaNoWriMo this year?

I am! I've written just over 3,000 words for day one. Only 47,000 to go.

moon 11-02-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterCookie (Post 1066636)

Hi! Wow, I never heard about that! I searched and I knew what it was. I didn't do it, but I'm writing a novel.

Yes, I started in September, here at home, but then a friend asked me to stay at his home while he and his wife travelled, so I continued there. And I was really so inspired. In a normal Word, I've written over 73 pages, and 22 chapters, starting the 23 right now. Only 22 in 73 pages?? Yes! Obviously you're thinking in a smaller size, so 3 or 4 pages per chapter are not bad! I suppose...
Is not easy anyway. Sometimes inspiration goes with the wind. When I was at my friend's home, I continued this, and I started to write some songs. I had all the time in the world, you know. Inspirations? Well, my signature below speaks for itself, but I also included my whole life, some old songs and obviously, some FM songs (not to copy them, of course). Now I'm at home again, and write is difficult. I have music but no lyrics, and my novel progresses so slowly...
Regards!!

SummerlongBoots 11-02-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterCookie (Post 1066636)

Good for you ButterCookie!

What a great inspiration and example of motivation you are!

I have yet to do this although I do know some folks who are tippy-typing their brains out right now!

Good luck! If you'd like to share I'd love to read!

vivfox 11-02-2012 07:26 PM

For those who think it's impossible to sell album's in 2012 take note. Taylor Swift has sold 1.2 million copies of her current album in its first week out.