The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who Has Given Up ?? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58621)

wayner 03-20-2019 08:07 PM

Who Has Given Up ??

Never say never, but for now

and until a lot of things change

I've given up and will spend no more $$ on Fleetwood Mac , its current line-up ,or anything to do with members of the original 'Rumors Five'

Who else ??

secondhandchain 03-20-2019 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayner (Post 1250814)

I've given up and will spend no more $$ on Fleetwood Mac , its current line-up ,or anything to do with members of the original 'Rumors Five'

Who else ??

Not one red cent.

elle 03-20-2019 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayner (Post 1250814)

Who else ??

i will buy or be there for anything Lindsey does going foward - whether it's a new album he has in the waiting, whether he's capable of just playing guitar or full on touring with singing too, or other projects he may be working on.

the rest of the band? i don't plan to ever see anything with Mick in it again. or Stevie. right now i feel the same about Christine and John, but if there is BuckVie 2 i would change my mind about Christine in a second.

Storms123 03-20-2019 08:29 PM

Done. Can't even entertain giving up my hard earned money, or time to entertain it.
Lindsey solo or collaborating with anyone other than Mick, Stevie, Chris or John, I would be there. I don't think I can get behind Buckvie 2--after this latest article, I actually find Mick and Christine more disgusting than Stevie.

BLY 03-20-2019 08:30 PM

I still love this band and always will. I did not see this line up in concert on this tour but I would have considered it if they were promoting a new album. I would buy a new album by this lineup for sure. I will continue to support Lindsey’s solo work and pray that he recovers from his surgery. It sucks what went down but this band is the soundtrack of my life and “ I Can’t Go Back”. 😎

bombaysaffires 03-20-2019 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1250823)
Done. Can't even entertain giving up my hard earned money, or time to entertain it.
Lindsey solo or collaborating with anyone other than Mick, Stevie, Chris or John, I would be there. I don't think I can get behind Buckvie 2--after this latest article, I actually find Mick and Christine more disgusting than Stevie.

they're all covered in sh&t as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe for a lot of people, me included, Chris was the biggest surprise.

Storms123 03-20-2019 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1250826)
they're all covered in sh&t as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe for a lot of people, me included, Chris was the biggest surprise.

I couldn't give Chris the pass so many people were wiling to give. When the lawsuit came out and Lindsey said something about her being "sensitive" I considered, but then no. I am not sure what he meant with that comment, but she went along with the lie. Compromised her integrity and trashed LB in the process. He freakin should have sued for more !

button-lip 03-20-2019 08:45 PM

Well, of course I will support Lindsey, and only Lindsey. But I can't support him if he chooses to join this people again. Sorry. Same if he does BuckVie2.

The rest are dead to me.

jmn3 03-20-2019 09:35 PM

I wouldn't bother with spending another dime on anything FM related, in particular with any live shows. Aside from what went down with Lindsey, I have no desire to see the same tired set now being sung and played by fill-ins. If I want to hear Mike Campbell, I want to hear him playing Running Down a Dream, not Go Your Own Way. I like Don't Dream It's Over, but I have no desire to pay Fleetwood Mac prices to hear Neil sing it accompanied by Stevie Nicks.

If Lindsey went back ever, I would continue to abstain. The bloom is off the rose. This last year has ended my continued love of what this band does. I will always appreciate the past and remain distantly curious about what their current events look like (so no, I'm not going away or getting over it), but I am done spending money on this group. Glad I got to see the Rumours 5 in 2014 - that will suffice for me.

lovethemac1 03-20-2019 10:57 PM

I will always support Lindsey in whatever endeavours he takes on.

I can't stand the other 4 and will never support anything they do. My band is dead, and they are all responsible. I am soooo disappointed with Chris.

And I'm still very angry at the 4 of them, so much so that I haven't listened to any of my FM music in a year. Even when I hear them on the radio, I turn the channel. It makes my stomach drop and my heart ache. I'm done with them, but no....I'm not over it. And probably never will be.

The Catdancer 03-21-2019 12:10 AM

I'll always support Lindsey but none of the others. I'm done with them. They're horrible people who don't care for anything but fame and money.

HomerMcvie 03-21-2019 12:54 AM

The BAND OF MY LIFE is DEAD to me, now. They honor NOTHING. F**k them.
Stevie Nicks is a ******* ****.

If Lindsey is able to record, tour, or even produce, I'll buy anything he puts out.

What a f**king HIDEOUS END to the band of my life.

sasja 03-21-2019 01:28 AM

Very dead to me, cannot even stand to hear their voices.

Will continue to support Lindsey in all his work, though! Cream always rises to the top :thumbsup:

FuzzyPlum 03-21-2019 01:29 AM

I dreamt it...and it's over.
Not interested anymore.
A major part of my life was a sham.
So sad.

Macfan4life 03-21-2019 03:23 AM

Of course its over...been that way for over a year now. I don't even look at the constant threads about Mick or other band member's statements. "OMG, Mick pooped and he did not mention Lindsey" "OMG, the band did not mention Lindsey." "OMG the band did mention Lindsey but it was too short" Really? I don't care about any of that because I don't care about any of them anymore. By constantly replaying that stuff over and over it shows you have not given up IMHO.
Funny how Chris finally says she had no issues with Lindsey but went forward for the good of the band. Her loyalty to the band is what killed the band. Sounds nice but at what cost. I suppose its all about money especially at their stage of their lives. They are in their 70s and know they cant do this much longer. When 10 million is at stake, legacy is not a concern anymore. I love how Chris says the Mac is a democracy but then says the decision was needed for the band to survive. You cant have it both ways by alleging you may have voted against it but then agree and justify it at the same time.
Enjoy your bloody 10 million darling.