The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Show at Scotiabank arena April 8 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58652)

Storms123 04-08-2019 06:24 AM

Show at Scotiabank arena April 8

Saw some chatter on Twitter that tonight's show is cancelled but appears hasn't been announced yet. Read that the crews for tonights show had their shifts cancelled because the show is. Haven't seen anything official from Ticketmaster or the band though.

FM77 04-08-2019 09:55 AM

I can't ever remember when the band cancelled 3 shows in a row. 3 large market shows to boot.

kak125 04-08-2019 10:32 AM

I just read this too. Everybody is saying it's Neil and he has the flu but I don't know if that is true. It can't be Stevie she posted on instagram the other day and looked just fine and Mick was out in Toronto yesterday shopping.

Storms123 04-08-2019 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kak125 (Post 1251858)
I just read this too. Everybody is saying it's Neil and he has the flu but I don't know if that is true. It can't be Stevie she posted on instagram the other day and looked just fine and Mick was out in Toronto yesterday shopping.

Likely not Mick since we know that photo is current, but honestly could be any one of them. Who knows when that picture of Stevie was taken. They are going to have a tough time rescheduling these shows. The Stones claimed Mick would be ready by the summer, but the issue is the arenas are not available. FM will face the same problem, plus they have international cities booked so even less flexibility

kak125 04-08-2019 11:27 AM

Just found this online.

If you were planning to Go Your Own Way to tonight’s Fleetwood Mac concert at Scotiabank Arena, you’ll have to make alternate arrangements.

The iconic band announced that it has rescheduled the four remaining shows on its North American tour, including tonight’s in Toronto, after lead singer Stevie Nicks came down with the flu.

“While she is feeling better already, management has consulted with her doctors and have decided to reschedule the remaining four shows of their North American tour to allow for her full recovery,” the band said in a release.

Refunds are available at point of purchase.

“We are having more fun than ever on this current tour, but as we all know, touring life comes with its challenges. The flu has sidelined Stevie for a couple of weeks but she is on the mend and we look forward to getting back out on the road. We so apologize to the fans, but we are working on rescheduling,” said Mick Fleetwood.

The band is planning to reschedule any affected shows until October or November.

It also announced that it was pulling out of the Jazz Fest in New Orleans on May 2.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2019/04/...eve-nicks-flu/

kak125 04-08-2019 11:31 AM

Wow Jazz Fest too? That seems like a lot more than the flu!

Feather Blade 04-08-2019 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kak125 (Post 1251861)

Wow, yes, that's almost a month away. That's a lot of recovery time! At least they aren't Ozzy and cancelled everything for the entire rest of 2019.

jeets2000 04-08-2019 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kak125 (Post 1251861)

Agreed, this seems like a fairly massive overcorrection for the reason given. They don't look good pulling out of this just days after agreeing to save the day... Feels like the reason(s) to justify this would need to be pretty big?

Storms123 04-08-2019 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeets2000 (Post 1251864)
Agreed, this seems like a fairly massive overcorrection for the reason given. They don't look good pulling out of this just days after agreeing to save the day... Feels like the reason(s) to justify this would need to be pretty big?

Agreed, particularly since there wasn’t overwhelming positive response from Jazz fest goers that FM was the replacement for the Stones. And Stevie (or more likely Karen) posted on Stevie’s IG page they were excited to be there. Given the cancellations from last week, she was already sick when they posted that. Interesting/vague developments and I expect no less from this band

saniette 04-08-2019 01:46 PM

Weren't 2 of these Canadian shows already rescheduled from the fall when Stevie was sick before? So now they've cancelled these shows twice!

lovethemac1 04-08-2019 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saniette (Post 1251866)
Weren't 2 of these Canadian shows already rescheduled from the fall when Stevie was sick before? So now they've cancelled these shows twice!

Well, as I've been pointing out, the sales for the April 11 concert have been quite poor compared to last tour. On the weekend I started getting notices about tickets available. When I looked on Ticketmaster, it's 50-60% sold, with drastic price reductions ($260 for row 6, floor). And that doesn't include the LiveNation tickets that are available. So, maybe they are just cutting their losses and using Stevie's flu as an excuse???

Ticketmaster now has the date as TBA, but tickets are still for sale.

Nicks Fan 04-08-2019 06:09 PM

This whole tour has been like this for some of the shows. I log on to Facebook and the Canadian shows were being advertised and when you looked they had lots of tickets left and or what they had was very good seats reduced drastically to sell. I think if they really looked at the sales overall they might see that while tickets sold in most markets many were drastically reduced just to get people to buy.

tothegypsy 04-08-2019 06:50 PM

Really hope that they're serious about rescheduling, and not cancelling. The April 5th Philly show was the one show of this tour that I was planning to see.

SteveMacD 04-08-2019 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicks Fan (Post 1251881)
This whole tour has been like this for some of the shows. I log on to Facebook and the Canadian shows were being advertised and when you looked they had lots of tickets left and or what they had was very good seats reduced drastically to sell. I think if they really looked at the sales overall they might see that while tickets sold in most markets many were drastically reduced just to get people to buy.

And yet they are/were on course to hit $100 million.

Storms123 04-08-2019 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tothegypsy (Post 1251884)
Really hope that they're serious about rescheduling, and not cancelling. The April 5th Philly show was the one show of this tour that I was planning to see.

They have to reschedule 6? I think? Truthfully, I really think it can be a challenge. The Stones tour is likely going to wind up getting pushed out longer than they thought due to arena availability. FM will likely run into the same issue, in 3 very sports heavy markets. And they are looking to reschedule post Europe and Australia/NZ---I feel badly for those folks potentially missing out, but I think it could be tough.

FM77 04-08-2019 08:12 PM

If they push Boston, Philly to the end of the year they could add the 4 Canadian shows to that leg. But if the Canada ticket sales were weak, it may be easier to cancel than go back there in the winter.

I also didn’t realize these April Canada shows were re-scheduled from last year. Ouch.

kak125 04-09-2019 01:09 PM

I just got this email from the Neil Finn website today with this info

Backwards and forwards
A lot has happened in this last week. Unfortunately, we have had to postpone shows which no one in Fleetwood Mac would ever take lightly. It’s very upsetting, but good health is the most important thing and the music can’t keep happening without it. Sorry to all of you who were making plans to be there. We will make it up to you.

ryan4136 04-11-2019 09:38 AM

Is NF telling us there is more going on, or is he just being overly dramatic.

"A lot has happened this week"

Sounds like only 1 thing has happened, Stevie has the flu

michelej1 04-11-2019 12:28 PM

Well, cancelling Jazz Fest and the four shows is "a lot" happening, as well. Maybe that's what he meant.

twinmatrix 04-12-2019 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4136 (Post 1251985)
Is NF telling us there is more going on, or is he just being overly dramatic.

"A lot has happened this week"

Sounds like only 1 thing has happened, Stevie has the flu

.....which results in many other things happening. You think they just sit on their ass all day?