The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Christine McVie on Later with Jools Holland (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57089)

wondergirl9847 04-18-2017 04:28 PM

Christine McVie on Later with Jools Holland

Saw on Twitter that Christine will be n Jools Holland tonight!

Can't wait to hear what she has to say!

MoonSister75 04-18-2017 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 (Post 1207416)
Saw on Twitter that Christine will be n Jools Holland tonight!

Can't wait to hear what she has to say!

Great - thanks for letting us know. The episode just finished, so I'm replaying it and I've just found Christine! I'll go and watch it now.

MoonSister75 04-18-2017 04:47 PM

It's a very short interview, I guess she's just there to promote the album and a FM tour is mentioned. He initially points out that it's really most of Fleetwood Mac are on this duet record, and then they play some of IMW with video clips of Lindsey and Christine in the recording studio. Maybe someone can post the clip? She says very little, but good to see her on the show.

edit...if anyone in the UK wants to see it - she was on around 13mins (I think you have to be in the UK to use iplayer although not sure??)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...live-episode-2

jbrownsjr 04-18-2017 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonSister75 (Post 1207421)
It's a very short interview, I guess she's just there to promote the album and a FM tour is mentioned. He initially points out that it's really most of Fleetwood Mac are on this duet record, and then they play some of IMW with video clips of Lindsey and Christine in the recording studio. Maybe someone can post the clip? She says very little, but good to see her on the show.

edit...if anyone in the UK wants to see it - she was on around 13mins (I think you have to be in the UK to use iplayer although not sure??)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...live-episode-2

There's actual footage of them in the studio?

Elliefw 04-18-2017 06:53 PM

Love the studio footage. I hope that's the promo video for the single they showed there

jbrownsjr 04-18-2017 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliefw (Post 1207432)
Love the studio footage. I hope that's the promo video for the single they showed there

Can you describe it?

aleuzzi 04-18-2017 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1207433)
Can you describe it?

Yes, please, Elliefw!

Elliefw 04-18-2017 11:01 PM

It's litterally just loads of really short clips of them in the studio whilst the songs playing. Only bout a minute long at best. Mostly of Christine I'd say actually. Micks in the background on one of them. It just shows them playing guitar/piano, writing lyrics, talking, hugging etc... They look so casual and relaxed.

Sorry I tried my best to describe it :lol:

jbrownsjr 04-18-2017 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliefw (Post 1207460)
It's litterally just loads of really short clips of them in the studio whilst the songs playing. Only bout a minute long at best. Mostly of Christine I'd say actually. Micks in the background on one of them. It just shows them playing guitar/piano, writing lyrics, talking, hugging etc... They look so casual and relaxed.

Sorry I tried my best to describe it :lol:

thanks!!!!!!

michelej1 04-19-2017 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliefw (Post 1207460)
It just shows them playing guitar/piano, writing lyrics, talking, hugging etc... They look so casual and relaxed.

Awww. Hugging.

Thanks for the recap. Michele

FuzzyPlum 04-19-2017 01:51 AM

Oh damn, my in-laws went to Later... this week. I'll have to ask them about it when I get the chance. It's a real shame she didn't play or sing anything. It would have been great hearing her playing something with Jools- I think they share a similar interest in music. Get Like You Used To Be or some other bluesy number....even Don't Stop. Even better, Ed Sheeran was one of the studio guests- It would have been amazing if she'd duetted with ES. Anyway, the interview segment was really short. The clip was nice. It was nice to see them looking really relaxed and casual in the studio- Christine in particular. At one point there's a shot over her shoulder of her writing down lyrics- not much but...

'...love for you, I can't conceal, that's how I feel (about you) you are the sky'

I'd guess at that one being 'Feel About You'.

Another minor thing I noticed about her in the studio- most of the time she seemed to be chewing gum.
Anyway, Jools called In My World a great record (though I'm sure he may have been being polite as much as anything else). However he also described the album as great and said 'you have a lot of interesting things on it'.

sue 04-19-2017 05:08 AM

Later with Jools Holland is repeated on Friday night......
Usually about 11pm, it's a longer version an hour long.
So maybe we will see a bit more of Christine
It's on BBC 4...tv

jbrownsjr 04-19-2017 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1207469)
Later with Jools Holland is repeated on Friday night......
Usually about 11pm, it's a longer version an hour long.
So maybe we will see a bit more of Christine
It's on BBC 4...tv

Film it on your iphone and post it. :thumbsup::lol::wavey:

sue 04-19-2017 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1207482)
Film it on your iphone and post it. :thumbsup::lol::wavey:

🙈🙈🙈....Hey I'll give it a try, but at almost 70, some techno stuff is sometimes beyond me....
Maybe sweet baby JAMES89...will have the know how.
But as I say I'll have a go.

jbrownsjr 04-19-2017 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1207497)
🙈🙈🙈....Hey I'll give it a try, but at almost 70, some techno stuff is sometimes beyond me....
Maybe sweet baby JAMES89...will have the know how.
But as I say I'll have a go.

Awwww Sue... big hug and kiss to you.

Don't worry if you don't get it.. I'll use my imagination. :thumbsup: