The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   new Dashut blog - Truth & Consequences (My Times with FM) (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=54034)

nicole21290 08-25-2014 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelloMonster (Post 1140533)
So I should bombard him with the same question like 8 times a day? :shrug: there is (so far) only one topic I'm interested in (and I'm dying for specifics/pictures!). I guess I could try that. I just didn't want to be that annoying girl, and get blocked or something.

I'm the same regarding certain questions/topics, and basically ask about it/them once a day and only once as I don't want to be too irritating. I try and wait til he's online and then post as many questions as I can at once, lol, some as myself and some as anonymous. I have been assuming they just take what's at the top of the pile when he gets online to answer.

HelloMonster 08-25-2014 09:08 PM

Thanks guys, I will be relentless. :laugh: I WILL get some answers (and hopefully pictures) if it's the last thing I ever do. ;)

michelej1 08-25-2014 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1140528)

i don't care too much about deeply technical stuff since that's not my field and i wouldn't understand it anyway, but i do care about the process of shaping ideas into music, who came up with what and why. when somebody told the story about Lindsey writing down a sentence on the piece of paper, and then tearing that paper into individual words and giving everybody in the studio a word to build a part of a verse around it, i thought that was a great story (don't remember who told that story and whether it's even true?).

I thought Lindsey said that was actually Richard's idea.

Michele

PenguinHead 08-25-2014 10:05 PM

I love that Richard has established this blog. It's almost like a living, interactive biography. He's so humble and honest, and he's sharing intimate private photos that have never been seen in public.

I'm socially media challenged. I joined Tumbler and have a password, but I have no idea how to become interactive in order to ask Richard an insightful question, once I have one.

He's been very diplomatic and patient with all the questions thrown at him. Most of the questions and comments are intelligent, high-minded and insightful, others are so inane, show a lack of class, and pander to tabloid journalism. What a waste of an opportunity!

So many obsessive questions about cocaine and their drug habits. And generally useless questions like "What is Stevie like?" One question was "Do you think Stevie and Lindsey will get back together " Another asked Richard "When will you stop taking drugs?" He smokes pot, leave him alone!; he's not there to be judged and morally castigated. He has a hell of a lot patience than I could ever muster.

Okay, now that I've blown off steam, can anybody share what I have to do to be able to post a question? Thanks ahead!

nicole21290 08-25-2014 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 1140546)
Okay, now that I've blown off steam, can anybody share what I have to do to be able to post a question? Thanks ahead! (Has anyone here asked a question?).

You don't even have to make an account. Simply go to www.dickdash.tumblr.com. On the top left corner you'll see a symbol consisting of three lines. Click on it and you'll see a menu of options. Go to 'Ask Me Some Stuff'. You can just type your question then press 'ask'.

If a person has their tumblr set up for questions to be able to be asked, all you ever need to do is go to *username*.tumblr.com/ask. In this case, www.dickdash.tumblr.com/ask will take you straight to the place to type your question in. You can stay anonymous or log in and ask with your tumblr account name, your choice.

bombaysaffires 08-25-2014 10:59 PM

well, with regard to Richard and being careful in his answers so as not to upset the band:

Anonymous: Richard, what is your sense of how the band feels about people around them writing books about them? I mean when Mick wrote his book band members were not happy about it he (Mick) admitted that Lindsey felt that his writing about certain things was "disloyal". Given that, do you think any of the other band members will ever write their own books about their lives? Thanks for reading my question!

Depending on what you say it can be very disloyal. Mick & Lindsey have had a bit of history with a contentious relationship at times. Mick’s books probably just inflamed that. As far as Ken’s book goes, let me quote one of the band members whom I shall not name. “Ken didn’t exactly do himself any favors with the band when he released that book”. I can imagine I will receive some flak myself for creating & writing (along with Stacy) this blog from the band, although I’m trying very hard not to cross the line of taste & trust.

As far as writing their own book? Yes, I believe some of or all of them will eventually get to a book. It’s very emotionally healing & rewarding. Helps justify ones life I suppose. Hell, I already know I’m a legend in my own mind?

I give him credit for doing the blog anyway.

Nickingham 08-26-2014 12:38 AM

Contrary to my username on here, I'm not a S&L shipper. It's just a play on the combination of their names. Not that I'm completely disinterested in their past relationship, mind you. I just don't see them two getting together again these days because they've moved on from the...how do I put this... leftover wanting-to-do-it-vengeful-painful side of that relationship. These days, they seem to be more of the 'I remember how painful and frustrating it was and let's fix it so we're not still bitter about it' mind. Seasoned with a bit of platonic love spice and a hint of familiarity.

I don't mind that some people still like to ship. But I haven't and didn't ask Richard any questions that pertain to anything of the sort. And I know that nobody asked me. I just felt like getting it out there. I don't know I'm weird like that. :laugh:

Anyways...
It might seem that Richard is picking and choosing the questions based on certain subjects but I really think it has to do with how often those type of questions are being asked. And if they're sent in at the times he is online/top of the pile.
One thing I found interesting was that instead of answering my question about the recording of Mirage in the Chateau, he posted a picture of Lindsey recording vocals during that time. Maybe Richard doesn't like to answer when he's not too sure of his memories? :shrug:
It just seems a little odd that the band doesn't comment too much on the Mirage and Tango sessions. Were things really that bad at those times that they keep hush-hush about it? Or was it boring and there's not much to tell besides the infamous fight at Chris' house?
Perhaps it's all about sticking with the cash cow Rumours.

Yeah I'm more interested in the off-beat, silly and creative process stories. The one's we haven't heard about.
I asked him about the Curry Grant/Stevie thing because I saw it in the forums here and thought I'd help the Ledgies get an answer. :)

jbrownsjr 08-26-2014 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickingham (Post 1140569)
Contrary to my username on here, I'm not a S&L shipper. It's just a play on the combination of their names. Not that I'm completely disinterested in their past relationship, mind you. I just don't see them two getting together again these days because they've moved on from the...how do I put this... leftover wanting-to-do-it-vengeful-painful side of that relationship. These days, they seem to be more of the 'I remember how painful and frustrating it was and let's fix it so we're not still bitter about it' mind. Seasoned with a bit of platonic love spice and a hint of familiarity.

I don't mind that some people still like to ship. But I haven't and didn't ask Richard any questions that pertain to anything of the sort. And I know that nobody asked me. I just felt like getting it out there. I don't know I'm weird like that. :laugh:

Anyways...
It might seem that Richard is picking and choosing the questions based on certain subjects but I really think it has to do with how often those type of questions are being asked. And if they're sent in at the times he is online/top of the pile.
One thing I found interesting was that instead of answering my question about the recording of Mirage in the Chateau, he posted a picture of Lindsey recording vocals during that time. Maybe Richard doesn't like to answer when he's not too sure of his memories? :shrug:
It just seems a little odd that the band doesn't comment too much on the Mirage and Tango sessions. Were things really that bad at those times that they keep hush-hush about it? Or was it boring and there's not much to tell besides the infamous fight at Chris' house?
Perhaps it's all about sticking with the cash cow Rumours.

Yeah I'm more interested in the off-beat, silly and creative process stories. The one's we haven't heard about.
I asked him about the Curry Grant/Stevie thing because I saw it in the forums here and thought I'd help the Ledgies get an answer. :)

Great post! Change your name to McNickingham. lol
I have no problems with SN and LB relationship talk either. The fact is they do write a lot about each other in music and lyrics. 1. It sells! And it has sold a lot. Clearly, there are a lot of people that buy into that whole relationship business. It's a romantic story. 2. They truly have a muse for each other, and creativity is sparked from it. All the writers in this band have great chemistry. It is amazing how much Lindsey and Christine collaborate together and the music they have produced. Another relationship of chemistry.

I simply believe there is zero romance between Stevie and Lindsey, other than within the scope of the music. As I posted earlier, Richard's quote clearly says to me that he's uncomfortable bringing up, "past situations" which aren't necessarily relevant today. I think if you asked him a question about their chemistry within the confines of the band he would have no problem answering them. As he has in some cases already in the blog. But to insinuate anything else, as he stated, "affects the beautiful wife and kids" that Lindsey has in the current day.

I think there is a lot to be said of the Tango and Mirage sessions. Seems like that's when LB had some serious issues with Stevie's drug use, fame, and lack of presence during the albums. Obviously, this all led to him leaving. I find that period interesting, too.

bombaysaffires 08-26-2014 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1140578)
I think there is a lot to be said of the Tango and Mirage sessions. Seems like that's when LB had some serious issues with Stevie's drug use, fame, and lack of presence during the albums. Obviously, this all led to him leaving. I find that period interesting, too.

He did post that one pic of the two of them during the making of Tango and it kinda speaks to some of that-- Stevie clearly looks bloated, bit overweight, bags under the eyes, cigarette burning in her hand…. She looks like "something the cat dragged in" as my mom would say. He looks unusually preppy (for LB) in his khakis. You can sorta see in his face as he looks at her that part of him might be thinking "wow, you're a bit of a mess, aren't you?" I was a little surprised he posted the pic only because it's definitely not Stevie at her best. She had been through rehab by then (for coke) but was in the early Klonopin years. I'm sure there were worse photos around Mirage.

jbrownsjr 08-26-2014 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1140583)
He did post that one pic of the two of them during the making of Tango and it kinda speaks to some of that-- Stevie clearly looks bloated, bit overweight, bags under the eyes, cigarette burning in her hand…. She looks like "something the cat dragged in" as my mom would say. He looks unusually preppy (for LB) in his khakis. You can sorta see in his face as he looks at her that part of him might be thinking "wow, you're a bit of a mess, aren't you?" I was a little surprised he posted the pic only because it's definitely not Stevie at her best. She had been through rehab by then (for coke) but was in the early Klonopin years. I'm sure there were worse photos around Mirage.

Yes, I've been keeping up with the Dashuts. I saw one of Christine singing during Mirage, as well. That Stevie photo was one of the most unflattering I've ever seen. She looked very very tired.

Johnny Stew 08-26-2014 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1140583)
I was a little surprised he posted the pic only because it's definitely not Stevie at her best. She had been through rehab by then (for coke) but was in the early Klonopin years. I'm sure there were worse photos around Mirage.

To me it looks like a pre-Betty Ford pic. Stevie has said she came back to the US from playing with Bob Dylan & Tom Petty in Australia, spent 10 days in the studio with Fleetwood Mac, and then began rehearsing for the 'Rock A Little' tour.

She did more recording with Fleetwood Mac later on, but my guess is that this pic was taken sometime around those 10 days.

bombaysaffires 08-26-2014 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Stew (Post 1140600)
To me it looks like a pre-Betty Ford pic. Stevie has said she came back to the US from playing with Bob Dylan & Tom Petty in Australia, spent 10 days in the studio with Fleetwood Mac, and then began rehearsing for the 'Rock A Little' tour.

She did more recording with Fleetwood Mac later on, but my guess is that this pic was taken sometime around those 10 days.

Hmm.. he said this was during the making of Tango… and that has Welcome to the Room, Sara which was about Betty Ford, so….. hard to know the exact timing. Right before or right after rehab anyway!

KenB 08-26-2014 09:30 PM

Mr. Dashut just posted some commets about Stevie's song "Lady" from the upcoming 24 Karat album. In my opinion, his response confirms something I suspected about the purpose behind his doing this blog: Besides being a way for him to interact with fans, I wonder if he's using his responses -- and his knowledge of what the fans want -- to subtly lobby for a participatory role on the next FM album.

If that's what he's doing, I'm all for it! Here's the comment of his that makes me think he's trying to hop on board the upcoming album:

"As far as “Lady” goes, I really love the song a lot. Wonderful lyric & feeling. Reminds me of the way Stevie used to write, very sincere coming off the piano like that. However, it is probably about a minute too long & I think under produced. I really wish Lindsey & I together could have produced this one & gave it the time I think it deserves. I believe it could be a major song for her, even with the deep, mature voice. Use the piano feel for the main part, but dance in some of Lindsey’s guitars around her voice, background voices deluxe in the choruses & a concise arrangement,……. bingo! Can you say hit boys & girls?"

jbrownsjr 08-27-2014 10:52 AM

I need to think of some good questions. I saw someone asked about the LEDGE.

Yay, we're famous!

PenguinHead 08-27-2014 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandon (Post 1138399)
Yeah..To me it sounds like KISS LINDSEY'S ASS OR CONSEQUENCES. :laugh::laugh:

So cynical. Why would he have any reason to kiss Lindsey's ass? He is not working with him anymore.

PenguinHead 08-27-2014 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lori40 (Post 1138435)
Why is everyone so cynical around here? Richard stared in one of the questions, that he and Lindsey had lost contact for 20 years, but have renewed their friendship a couple of years ago. Just maybe they are really friends, and he wants to set the record straight, without getting paid for it, unlike Carol Ann and Ken. He did say that all he wants is an investment of fans' time, not their money.

Thank you for being a voice of reason.

PenguinHead 08-27-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welcomechris (Post 1139339)
Anonymous: When are you going to quit drugs

When God quits growing pot & I stop being productive on it. Thank you for your sensitive, insightful question.

Alright which one of you asked him that :laugh::laugh:

I found that question so uncool and offensive. I'm impressed that he answered it diplomatically, with a clever slight dig.

PenguinHead 08-27-2014 02:22 PM

QUOTE=michelej1;1139814]So, it seems like when you know he is online, questions you post then have the best chance of getting picked.

i would ask some questions, but I don't want to deal with Tumblr.

Michele[/QUOTE]

:laugh: I want to ask a question, but have no idea how. Some of the questions are so low-ball, vapid and stupid. Others go overboard and bombard him with a slue of questions. Some have no class, gratitude or sensitivity - but that's what social media has fostered. Yet, Richard easily glides over them with integrity. He is very impressive, sensitive and honest. We should be very grateful for what he is doing, so unselfishly.

MoonSister75 08-27-2014 04:13 PM

^^^[/QUOTE]

:laugh: I want to ask a question, but have no idea how. Some of the questions are so low-ball, vapid and stupid. Others go overboard and bombard him with a slue of questions. Some have no class, gratitude or sensitivity - but that's what social media has fostered. Yet, Richard easily glides over them with integrity. He is very impressive, sensitive and honest. We should be very grateful for what he is doing, so unselfishly.[/QUOTE]

It's really easy, I think someone has already explained in this thread. You just click on the 3 lines in the top left hand corner of the blog page, and it brings up a menu, then chose - ask me some stuff.

I was aware of the blog, but I've been so caught up with Stevie's new album news I haven't been keeping up with it. I had a really good look at it today and I'm so impressed. He seems like a genuinely lovely guy, answering questions sensitively with humour and words of wisdom. I didn't ask a question but I did tell him thanks for doing the blog :)

Bandon 08-27-2014 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 1140744)
So cynical. Why would he have any reason to kiss Lindsey's ass? He is not working with him anymore.

OMG...Have you read his responses on the blog? It's so obvious he's attempting to mend fences and get into Lindsey's good graces and work with him again, which I hope he does because Richard has his creative stamp marked on most of FMs and Lindsey's best work!

jbrownsjr 08-27-2014 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandon (Post 1140772)
OMG...Have you read his responses on the blog? It's so obvious he's attempting to mend fences and get into Lindsey's good graces and work with him again, which I hope he does because Richard has his creative stamp marked on most of FMs and Lindsey's best work!

I don't necessarily think so. Not doing a blog would probably be the best way to get on LB's good side. I don't think the band really appreciates him sharing all this information. I certainly love it.

Tango 08-27-2014 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1140794)
I don't necessarily think so. Not doing a blog would probably be the best way to get on LB's good side. I don't think the band really appreciates him sharing all this information. I certainly love it.

I agree with you.

PenguinHead 08-27-2014 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonSister75 (Post 1140757)
^^^

:laugh: I want to ask a question, but have no idea how. Some of the questions are so low-ball, vapid and stupid. Others go overboard and bombard him with a slue of questions. Some have no class, gratitude or sensitivity - but that's what social media has fostered. Yet, Richard easily glides over them with integrity. He is very impressive, sensitive and honest. We should be very grateful for what he is doing, so unselfishly.[/QUOTE]

It's really easy, I think someone has already explained in this thread. You just click on the 3 lines in the top left hand corner of the blog page, and it brings up a menu, then chose - ask me some stuff.

I was aware of the blog, but I've been so caught up with Stevie's new album news I haven't been keeping up with it. I had a really good look at it today and I'm so impressed. He seems like a genuinely lovely guy, answering questions sensitively with humour and words of wisdom. I didn't ask a question but I did tell him thanks for doing the blog :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

PenguinHead 08-27-2014 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1140794)

Great point. I don't think Richard has any agenda other than to share his experiences and history. He sincerely just enjoys interacting with fans who appreciate his input.

bombaysaffires 08-27-2014 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandon (Post 1140772)

I don't know if he wants to work with him again, but I agree with you that he is still trying to mend fences. He at times lays it on a little thick with the "Lindsey is the world's greatest musical genius and I would have absolutely no life without him". I take his point, and I gather he feels he might have been ungrateful about the opportunities working with LB afforded him, but a couple of posts made me a little uncomfortable for him. I dislike seeing people grovel. Mind you I'm only talking about a couple of posts, and I do think his gratitude is absolutely genuine, but taken altogether he is definitely about publicly making up to LB for whatever happened.

From the totality of his posts it seems clear that he felt slighted or maybe unacknowledged for his work and maybe a bit taken for granted by the band (a situation LB talks about regarding himself)-- he did a lot for them personally--and now, after a few years of distance, the effects of age, etc he has taken a different perspective and has chosen to look at things through the lens of gratitude and sees the blog as a vehicle for expressing that.

FuzzyPlum 08-28-2014 08:18 AM

Some of his comments are so sycophantic they make me want to give him a good shake. Love reading his answers though and the pictures are just brilliant.

Having asked a couple of unanswered questions here and there I decided to bombard him with about a dozen questions in a row. Despite some really good questions about his working relationship with Ken, songwriting, his views on Behind The Mask and so on he finally answered my most mundane question about whether he'd ever come close to an affair with any of the women in the FM circle. That seems the best way to go- a range of different types of questions all sent together at the same time.

Kena 08-28-2014 09:21 AM

I've asked several silly questions, which he has answered. (No shipper questions - other people are covering that area). To me, questions about producing and album details and whatnot seem like homework. Like asking someone to do an Algebra problem from middle school…

I do understand the frustration about not having questions answered! Everyone is so excited about having a true insider resource, it’s easy to become frustrated when questions you would love to know the answer to, possibly have wondered about for years, get overlooked and/or go unanswered. (Especially when it’s something more relevant than Stevie cleaning the house or smoking cigarettes).

He probably enjoys all the attention and questions coming in. Most people like to talk about themselves and their interesting life experiences…If this man wants to smoke pot all day and talk about the "good old days" then so be it. I’m enjoying it!

nicole21290 08-28-2014 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1140820)
Some of his comments are so sycophantic they make me want to give him a good shake. Love reading his answers though and the pictures are just brilliant.

Having asked a couple of unanswered questions here and there I decided to bombard him with about a dozen questions in a row. Despite some really good questions about his working relationship with Ken, songwriting, his views on Behind The Mask and so on he finally answered my most mundane question about whether he'd ever come close to an affair with any of the women in the FM circle. That seems the best way to go- a range of different types of questions all sent together at the same time.

The pictures are an absolute godsend; some wonderful stuff.

The bombarding thing is what I do now. About six to ten questions a day and all of them as soon as I see him answering a question or two in a row. Half-anon, half with my name. Half SnL intensive, half more general and him-focused. I very occasionally get an answer but not usually. I'll take whatever he's willing to give in terms of answers, though, even if I find some questions a little inane. I'm sure people would find mine nosy and dull too so... :D

MikeVielhaber 08-28-2014 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1140803)
I don't know if he wants to work with him again, but I agree with you that he is still trying to mend fences. He at times lays it on a little thick with the "Lindsey is the world's greatest musical genius and I would have absolutely no life without him". I take his point, and I gather he feels he might have been ungrateful about the opportunities working with LB afforded him, but a couple of posts made me a little uncomfortable for him. I dislike seeing people grovel. Mind you I'm only talking about a couple of posts, and I do think his gratitude is absolutely genuine, but taken altogether he is definitely about publicly making up to LB for whatever happened.

From the totality of his posts it seems clear that he felt slighted or maybe unacknowledged for his work and maybe a bit taken for granted by the band (a situation LB talks about regarding himself)-- he did a lot for them personally--and now, after a few years of distance, the effects of age, etc he has taken a different perspective and has chosen to look at things through the lens of gratitude and sees the blog as a vehicle for expressing that.

In several of his answers he has shown to be hopeful that maybe they might work together again some day.

PenguinHead 08-28-2014 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1140820)

I suspect the approach of bombarding him with questions is not going to endear him to you. Be grateful you got a response to a superfluous question.

I'm trying to come up with a substantive question that doesn't concern gossipy subject matters like sex or drugs, which seems to be the preoccupation of most of the questioners. I want to ask something related to his own character, musical tastes, perspective on adapting to a new world order in music and otherwise, etc...a question that is not so personally intrusive or tabloid-like.

I have yet to come up with anything yet. But I'm going to be careful to try to construct a question that might elicit a positive engagement and thoughtful response. What he is doing is really amazing. I want to be respectful.

What were the other questions you asked but weren't answered? I want to get a feel for types of questions he's more inclined to answer.

FuzzyPlum 08-31-2014 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 1140857)
I suspect the approach of bombarding him with questions is not going to endear him to you. Be grateful you got a response to a superfluous question.

What were the other questions you asked but weren't answered? I want to get a feel for types of questions he's more inclined to answer.

Well, a few days ago I asked about ten questions in a row all at the same time. Six of those questions have been answered over a period of three days;

Three of them were answered at roughly the same time;

'Hey Richard. Did you try hitting on Carol Ann Harris before Lindsey?'

'Dear Richard, Do you receive royalties for all the songs for which you are credited as a co-writer?'

'Dear DickDash, Sorry to pry- I was wondering what your pay arrangement was? Did you receive a monthly wage or did you receive money as a percentage of album sales/ticket sales etc thanks'

The following day one more of those questions was answered;

'I was wondering about Stacy B. She looks quite young. Is she a Fleetwood Mac fan. Was she a Fleetwood Mac fan before you met? Did she know who you are when you met?'

And the following day two more of those questions were answered;

'Hey Richard, Cool blog. I understand Lindsey has a bad temper. I read that Lindsey once attacked Ken in the recording studio. Was you there at that time? Cheers'

'Did you ever tell Lindsey his Tusk songs were a bit wacko (which most people generally thought at the time). Or could you see what he was getting at straight away?'

I've also asked him a number of times about his relationship with Ken. I have wondered why they didn't do more work together (away from FM). They seem like very different people and hung out a bit in the early days I get the impression it was less so later on. I get the impression Ken was a bit more aloof from the band. It seems as if Richard doesn't want to answer questions about his relationship with Ken.

jbrownsjr 08-31-2014 10:07 AM

Wow your strategy is working..

bombaysaffires 09-01-2014 12:06 PM

Well, he reports being behind in questions, and bombarding him surely only makes the situation worse. If everyone sends even 4-5 questions, he could easily get hundreds of questions per day. That just pushes any previous unanswered questions further and further down the pile. :shrug:

Then you end up with the situation where people write in and whine "ooooh I sent a bunch of questions and you didn't answer annyyyyy of them". Lord have mercy, how old are these people? Five?

Feather Blade 09-08-2014 11:11 AM

I see that someone recently asked his opinion on how long Fleetwood Mac would continue and if we could expect that this latest tour and possible album would be their last project. Dashut's answer seems to be essentially "probably, so go see them while you can." Then again, one never knows, the Rolling Stones keep soldiering on..and on...and on... I made a joke to someone recently that it was my theory that Keith Richards has actually been dead for years and what we see at shows is either his spooky reanimated corpse, or his desiccated husk attached to marionette controllers and puppeteered through a performance by two specially trained roadies. I could be wrong, but hee hee, have you seen the guy lately? (I kid, I kid, now I've probably gone and upset someone) ;)

lovethemac1 09-09-2014 03:48 PM

HE ANSWERED A COMMENT OF MINE!!!:]yippee!! He must have been online because new ones were popping up while I was reading. I sent it in and.......bingo. I have sent in many before without him answering, so I am kinda pumped.

PenguinHead 09-09-2014 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1141187)
Well, he reports being behind in questions, and bombarding him surely only makes the situation worse. If everyone sends even 4-5 questions, he could easily get hundreds of questions per day. That just pushes any previous unanswered questions further and further down the pile. :shrug:

Then you end up with the situation where people write in and whine "ooooh I sent a bunch of questions and you didn't answer annyyyyy of them". Lord have mercy, how old are these people? Five?

So lacking is a sensitivity to what Richard is doing; no sense of empathy or consideration for the time and effort it takes to handle so many questions. I'm impressed how he handles the most banal or inappropriate ones with such aplomb; he's unflappable.

It's really a waste to ask questions about individual band members personal opinions/interactions - usually related to sex and drugs. He's not their mouthpiece, and he has shown a lot class by dismissing those questions in a polite manner. In this era of social media, some people seem to think there are no barriers.

Lisa W 09-09-2014 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 1142027)
So lacking is a sensitivity to what Richard is doing; no sense of empathy or consideration for the time and effort it takes to handle so many questions. I'm impressed how he handles the most banal or inappropriate ones with such aplomb; he's unflappable.

It's really a waste to ask questions about individual band members personal opinions/interactions - usually related to sex and drugs. He's not their mouthpiece, and he has shown a lot class by dismissing those questions in a polite manner. In this era of social media, some people seem to think there are no barriers.

A number of the earliest questions on Richard's blog seem so invasive and related to the sex and drugs stuff. It looks like some questions are now popping up that are more related to the music composition and production. Hope this trend continues.

sanders8323 09-09-2014 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa W (Post 1142057)
A number of the earliest questions on Richard's blog seem so invasive and related to the sex and drugs stuff. It looks like some questions are now popping up that are more related to the music composition and production. Hope this trend continues.

You can only get so many of the same questions asked in about 100 different ways before you get tired of answering it. Like you said, those early questions were about sex and drugs asked in several different ways. Maybe now all that is left is to answer the odd question about a particular production trick in a song, which is what I'd like to see much more of as well.

Feather Blade 09-10-2014 07:29 AM

[QUOTE=sanders8323;1142059]You can only get so many of the same questions asked in about 100 different ways before you get tired of answering it.

I saw that he referred someone to the FAQ's when they asked yet another version of the "Do Stevie and Lindsey still love each other" question.

teedeerocks 09-14-2014 09:51 AM

Can somebody tell me how to post a question on Richards site?Much thanks:angel: