The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   new Dashut blog - Truth & Consequences (My Times with FM) (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=54034)

Danigirl 09-14-2014 10:12 AM

[QUOTE=teedeerocks;1142646]Can somebody tell me how to post a question on Richards site?Much thanks:angel:[/QUOTATION
At the homepage at the left upper corner you will see a series of four lines stacked on top of eachother. Click on that, which will open up a series of options.
"Ask me stuff" is in there. Click on that. Then type away! Also, there is the option to ask anonymously, if you so choose.

nicole21290 09-14-2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danigirl (Post 1142647)
Quote:

Originally Posted by teedeerocks (Post 1142646)
Can somebody tell me how to post a question on Richards site?Much thanks:angel:

At the homepage at the left upper corner you will see a series of four lines stacked on top of eachother. Click on that, which will open up a series of options.
"Ask me stuff" is in there. Click on that. Then type away! Also, there is the option to ask anonymously, if you so choose.

The immediate link, so you don't even have to go through that process, is just www.dickdash.tumblr.com/ask

teedeerocks 09-14-2014 12:09 PM

Thanks so much Danigirl and Nicole21290 for the tutorials! Kudos to both of you!:thumbsup::angel:

jbrownsjr 09-15-2014 10:57 PM

Yay!!! I got one answered finally!!

Anonymous: Hi Richard & Stacy. People keep asking if Christine and Lindsey have ever slept together. I've always thought they were like brother and sister or even more importantly great collaborators. I have read that they are writing new music together and stated that their chemistry is better than ever. Did you ever witness this great chemistry between Christine and Lindsey musically? Thanks for the great blog!

Yes, all the time during the records I made with them. Lindsey is so brilliant musically and Christine so amazing with melody and lyric. The symbioses between the two, is an artistic Yin & yang, a divine balance as it were. What makes it so special is how natural the two flow their creative energy in the same direction, different colors, but one painting. Magic really. Thanks for the great question.

pauls90 09-20-2014 12:21 PM

Richard Dashut: On With The Show the FINAL FM Tour?

Not sure if anything about this has been posted,nor do I know the reputation Richard has here on the forum, but I was curious anyway.

I was reading his tumblr blog "Truth and Consequences". A question and answer I read on there really caught my eye. Someone asked, " So do you think this will be the final tour of the whole band?", and this was his simple response:

Quote:

"Yes I do, after this current touring cycle, my gut instinct tells me yes. See them while & if you can. I know it is not cheap, but history marches toward us fast & bucket lists can be easily knocked over."
Do you think this will in fact be the last tour for the band? I'm sure people think that after every tour though. I was under the impression that the band was really excited about the potential of the new material, and that there would be another new tour to promote said new music.

I just don't get the impression that this will be the last? Christine especially seems to have had her vigor and passion for the band reignited.

Thoughts?

http://www.billboard.com/files/style...c-1982-650.jpg

olive 09-20-2014 12:47 PM

that's a crappy way to push tickets they would bleed us if this was it

Johnny Stew 09-20-2014 01:00 PM

While plans can certainly change (especially if, perish the thought, there are additional health issues), I believe that the band has every intention of touring again after the new album is finished. Mick, Lindsey & Christine have all certainly intimated as much. While Stevie's rush to record and release '24 Karat Gold' now, as opposed to simply holding off until after the tour, also implies that the band has post-'On With The Show' plans.

SteveMacD 09-20-2014 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Stew (Post 1143613)
While plans can certainly change (especially if, perish the thought, there are additional health issues), I believe that the band has every intention of touring again after the new album is finished. Mick, Lindsey & Christine have all certainly intimated as much. While Stevie's rush to record and release '24 Karat Gold' now, as opposed to simply holding off until after the tour, also implies that the band has post-'On With The Show' plans.

From what they've said in interviews, it sounds like there will probably be two albums worth of material by the time all is said and done.

louielouie2000 09-20-2014 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1143621)
From what they've said in interviews, it sounds like there will probably be two albums worth of material by the time all is said and done.

Sure sounds that way, doesn't it? I have a sneaking feeling this upcoming album will be the last, though. Stevie just doesn't seem to be interested in that aspect of Fleetwood Mac anymore. However, I still see the band continuing touring for the next 5-10 years so long as their health permits it.

I do have to wonder if Richard Dashut has some inside information we aren't privy to, though. The scenario that keeps running through my mind is Richard is saying this will be the last tour because of John's health. Just think about it- if John's cancer was terminal, John would absolutely NOT want a fuss made about it. He'd want to do one last tour with Christine, then retire out of the public eye. This would also explain Christine's sudden unexpected return to the band. I truly, truly hope I'm way wrong on this of course. :(

sue 09-20-2014 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1143634)
Sure sounds that way, doesn't it? I have a sneaking feeling this upcoming album will be the last, though. Stevie just doesn't seem to be interested in that aspect of Fleetwood Mac anymore. However, I still see the band continuing touring for the next 5-10 years so long as their health permits it.

I do have to wonder if Richard Dashut has some inside information we aren't privy to, though. The scenario that keeps running through my mind is Richard is saying this will be the last tour because of John's health. Just think about it- if John's cancer was terminal, John would absolutely NOT want a fuss made about it. He'd want to do one last tour with Christine, then retire out of the public eye. This would also explain Christine's sudden unexpected return to the band. I truly, truly hope I'm way wrong on this of course. :(

That thought made my spine shiver and not in a good way.....I think there could be a strong element of truth in it.....It would explain Christine's return you're right..I also hope that this isn't true.

SteveMacD 09-20-2014 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1143634)

That’s not at all how I see it. I agree that Stevie wasn’t interested in doing another Fleetwood Mac album, but that was another Fleetwood Mac album without Christine. I think Stevie’s three year plan last year was to finish the Fleetwood Mac tour, do a solo tour, make a solo album, do another solo tour, and go back on the road with Fleetwood Mac. But then Christine came back. That’s why she rushed to finish an album of leaked demos while Christine was getting reacclimated to being in Fleetwood Mac. Stevie wasn’t blowing off Fleetwood Mac, she was fulfilling her solo obligations so she could dedicate the next undetermined number years to the band. Now that Christine’s back and Stevie’s obligations have been met, on with the show.

As far as John’s health impacting Christine’s decision, if anything, it solidified an idea she had been toying with for two years. Christine wanted the camaraderie and to be making music again with her old bandmates before she ever got on the plane to Maui, to be sure. She just apparently didn’t know how to tell them she wanted back in, and still wasn’t completely sure she was ready to for that type of commitment. I see John’s diagnosis as being her wake-up call, her Ghost of Christmas Future, and made her realize that she couldn’t pussy-foot around if she wanted back in (hence the interviews where she said she'd come back, if they'd ask her).

bombaysaffires 09-21-2014 11:51 PM

wow, someone really laid into Richard on his blog about how dare he call himself Stevie's friend and that he's vile for answering any questions about Stevie's personal life (honestly he hasn't answered anything not already in the public domain, he's declined to answer the really prurient nosey stuff). THe person goes on to say they hope Stevie really socks it to him and calls his blog a rag blog and on and on. He's been pretty calm with the few comments like that so far but he kinda responded with both barrels in his own way. I mean he said he would absolutely shut the blog down if Stevie asked him to--she wouldn't have to sue him or whatever the person said. He usually posts pretty routinely throughout the day but doesn't seem to have posted anything since this person blasted him yesterday. :shrug:

SteveMacD 09-22-2014 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1143800)
wow, someone really laid into Richard on his blog about how dare he call himself Stevie's friend and that he's vile for answering any questions about Stevie's personal life (honestly he hasn't answered anything not already in the public domain, he's declined to answer the really prurient nosey stuff). THe person goes on to say they hope Stevie really socks it to him and calls his blog a rag blog and on and on. He's been pretty calm with the few comments like that so far but he kinda responded with both barrels in his own way. I mean he said he would absolutely shut the blog down if Stevie asked him to--she wouldn't have to sue him or whatever the person said. He usually posts pretty routinely throughout the day but doesn't seem to have posted anything since this person blasted him yesterday. :shrug:

There are stupid people in this world. Some happen to also be psycho.

WildHearted 09-22-2014 07:13 PM

Richard has been pretty tactful in the questions his chooses to answer - and he's eager to say "I don't know" if it's information that he doesn't know/doesn't feel comfortable sharing.... this person is going way over the top with their bashing of the blog.

And believe me, if Stevie cared, it'd be down by now.

bombaysaffires 09-25-2014 12:08 AM

Wow, does Carol Ann Harris have an attitude or what…

Someone mentioned on Richard's blog that Carol had posted a picture of Stevie and claimed it was herself.
Richard said well we'll post here and see what the story is and be fair.

So it's not clear if he then contacted Carol, or if she's following his blog and saw it herself, but seems she claims she couldn't tell if the photo was her or Stevie, and that the couch in the photo is one she still has so thought it was a photo of herself she'd never seen before (given to her by a pal).

Instead of graciously admitting, Hey, I'm human, I effed up, my bad, thanks for pointing it out she instead gets all immature and huffy and says:

"I just deleted the stupid photo that literally no one could tell if it was Stevie or me and as she’s my friend - this is what I said before I deleted it: About the photo: I was floored when I saw it and if I couldn’t tell it wasn’t me, then neither could she but I think it is her….hard to tell, but whatever. I love posting a picture of Stevie too - but I doubt if she could even tell…but let’s just say it’s Stevie and I’ll delete the whole thing. It looks like it could be either one of us - and I don’t really care. It’s a cool picture and if you read my posts above, I was floored by it. But who cares??? I’m over it…yes, we look alike, yes we have the same birthday and YES we are friends and have 2 different personalities and (now) lives. xxooxx”

No harm done though it was a little amusing at the time.

ok, first of all, how old is this woman? And yet she responds in language like a teenage girl.

I hardly think she and Stevie are "friends" but ok. They certainly knew each other for years. But the 'we look alike, we have the same birthday, we can't tell ourselves apart' is a bit much. It just made me think, "live in the past much?" The piggybacking on other people's fame is just sad. Richard talks about the band too, yes, but he actually was a record producer, he was NAMED ON THE GRAMMY for album of the year. I don't mean to be harsh, but really, what is her claim to fame? Boinking Lindsey?? If she has her own career, talk about that, and not who you shagged 25 years ago.