The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   new Dashut blog - Truth & Consequences (My Times with FM) (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=54034)

michelej1 08-21-2014 07:36 PM

Can't recall if someone in the Q & A sessions asked Mick about Peter playing on Brown Eyes or not.

Michele

brickney723 08-21-2014 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shackin'up (Post 1139921)
I must admit that I was very pleased to read that.

Ken has been more bittersweet towards Lindsey, it's clear that he doesn't like his personality. It's good to also read the stories from someone who has no problem at all with that same personality.

Realistically, even if there's truth to what Ken said, Richard's not going to throw Lindsey under the bus. Ken's got an ax to grind that's public knowledge, though- LInds wouldn't help him with his book and advised all of the other band members to do likewise - as per Ken, of course.

I love Richard Dashut, he's got to be a saint to answer all these questions.

shackin'up 08-22-2014 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brickney723 (Post 1139935)
Realistically, even if there's truth to what Ken said, Richard's not going to throw Lindsey under the bus. Ken's got an ax to grind that's public knowledge, though- LInds wouldn't help him with his book and advised all of the other band members to do likewise - as per Ken, of course.

Agreed, but stating that it is absolutely untrue, is the opposite of busthrowing. I was pleased with it.

Yes, Dashut is a bit of a hero for doing this. and he's funny.

brickney723 08-22-2014 07:29 PM

I found it interesting that he characterized Tango as the most creatively fulfilling album he worked on with FM- that things were calm, that there wasn't a lot of craziness going on and that the drugs had definitely wound down. A different perspective on the making of that album for sure.

greendaze5 08-24-2014 10:41 PM

Does anyone here remember the discussion thread about that picture of a young couple who may or may not be Lindsey and Stevie from the early 70's? :shrug:

Maybe Richard Dashut might know. Does anyone have the link to the thread/photo to ask him? Or I can do it, if someone can post the URL here.

michelej1 08-24-2014 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greendaze5 (Post 1140364)
Does anyone here remember the discussion thread about that picture of a young couple who may or may not be Lindsey and Stevie from the early 70's? :shrug:

Maybe Richard Dashut might know. Does anyone have the link to the thread/photo to ask him? Or I can do it, if someone can post the URL here.

Here's the thread.

http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...stevie+wedding

Michele

greendaze5 08-24-2014 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1140367)

Thanks Michele! I'll submit the question right now.

Maybe he can settle this once and for all. :nod:

Stormwind 08-24-2014 11:28 PM

He has a lot of free time to answer all those questions :D, just kidding. Interesting blog, a lot of new things to discover for me.

greendaze5 08-25-2014 06:35 AM

Richard Dashut answered my question! See below.

He says IT IS Stevie and Lindsey in the picture!

------------------------------------------------------------

is this a picture of Stevie and Lindsey?

Hi Richard,

This photo of a young couple had surfaced on the internet recently claiming to be of Lindsey and Stevie in the early 70’s. Is it them?!

Yes. Judging by the way Stevie is holding her arms, and Lindsey is playing guitar, I am going to authenticate it. Plus I recognize Lindsey’s guitar from their early days of Buckingham Nicks.

…..r

HelloMonster 08-25-2014 11:11 AM

This man has ignored another question from me! :mad: Yes it's beyond nice of him to answer any questions, and were lucky to get anything answered, period, but...

Come on, my turn! :angel:;) :D

CADreaming 08-25-2014 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greendaze5 (Post 1140409)
Richard Dashut answered my question! See below.

He says IT IS Stevie and Lindsey in the picture!

------------------------------------------------------------

is this a picture of Stevie and Lindsey?

Hi Richard,

This photo of a young couple had surfaced on the internet recently claiming to be of Lindsey and Stevie in the early 70’s. Is it them?!

Yes. Judging by the way Stevie is holding her arms, and Lindsey is playing guitar, I am going to authenticate it. Plus I recognize Lindsey’s guitar from their early days of Buckingham Nicks.

…..r

I'm not sure why we didn't "know" this. The girl I asked about it said it was her aunt's wedding in 1971.... :shrug:

sanders8323 08-25-2014 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelloMonster (Post 1140451)
This man has ignored another question from me! :mad: Yes it's beyond nice of him to answer any questions, and were lucky to get anything answered, period, but...

Come on, my turn! :angel:;) :D

I've asked maybe 8 to 10 questions, and only one of them have been answered. All of my questions relate to the music, and if you look at the blog, most of the questions have nothing to do with that. So ask him something about the band's or his drug use. He's bound to answer that. That's all most people seem to ask about or care about.

michelej1 08-25-2014 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanders8323 (Post 1140463)
So ask him something about the band's or his drug use. He's bound to answer that. That's all most people seem to ask about or care about.

I know. I had to chuckle when he said not to ask him what brand of cigarette Stevie was smoking, because the poor guy knew someone would.

I would ask him something a little silly, but not related to someone else's drug use. Like if if he got a kick out of Ricky. What a lovely, funny present to receive. Christine's voice, Lindsey's humor. Just perfect.

Michele

sanders8323 08-25-2014 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1140466)

I would ask him something a little silly, but not related to someone else's drug use. Like if if he got a kick out of Ricky. What a lovely, funny present to receive. Christine's voice, Lindsey's humor. Just perfect.

Michele

He's more likely to ignore that question I would think. But is "Ricky" really about Richard Dashut? You know I never thought to make that connection, but it makes perfect sense.

jbrownsjr 08-25-2014 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanders8323 (Post 1140467)
He's more likely to ignore that question I would think. But is "Ricky" really about Richard Dashut? You know I never thought to make that connection, but it makes perfect sense.

Holy crap! Good catch. I never made the connection, either.