The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Heard FRIEND Today! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=40278)

TeenageMac 05-15-2009 04:36 PM

Heard FRIEND Today!

I was driving home from school today around 2:00 today and was listening to The River 105.9 in Connecticut and to my surprise - Friend by Christine came on the radio!

I was totally flipping out - This is one of my favorites by Chris ever!

jbrownsjr 05-15-2009 08:02 PM

That would have flipped me out too...

LukeA 05-15-2009 08:37 PM

I've heard Friend, You Are, and Forgiveness on the radio, but not since sometime in '04 or '05...

jbrownsjr 05-15-2009 10:24 PM

wow forgiveness... that's awesome... i don't know why.. but it is...

Gailh 05-16-2009 03:27 AM

Wouldn't Friend have sounded great on Say You Will?

Actually it sounds more like Fleetwood Mac than Fleetwood Mac do

I think it's my favourite on ITM.

Gail

Cornflake Girl 05-16-2009 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gailh (Post 820772)

Gail

It's one of my favourites too. Have you ever heard the acoustic version? It's amazing.

TeenageMac 05-16-2009 09:15 AM

I agree Friend would have sounded great on SYW. In fact, had Friend been on SYW and released as the first single, I think it would have been a huge hit.

jbrownsjr 05-16-2009 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gailh (Post 820772)
Wouldn't Friend have sounded great on Say You Will?

Actually it sounds more like Fleetwood Mac than Fleetwood Mac do

Gail

When my brother listened to a ITM he asked me if Lindsey Mick and John were on there... I said, "no". He said, "wow she sounds like FM more than they do"

It's in her blood...

aleuzzi 05-16-2009 12:52 PM

If Chris contributed six songs of her ITM songs to SYW chances are at least two or three of them would have been hits. You Are, Friend, and Anything is Possible are as irresistible as the huge Mac hits of yore.

I also love the acoustic version of Friend, which has more plays than any other song on my ipod.

David 05-16-2009 01:00 PM

"Friend" ... pretty ...

Say, what happened to Christine's official Web site? They took it down for good?!

Also, what do you guys think of Christine's entry on Wikipedia? Are there any factual errors in it?

TeenageMac 05-18-2009 05:11 PM

Yeah, I guess Christine's website is down for good. Too bad. I wish it stayed up.

Whenever I hear Friend it takes me right back to 1977 when You Make Loving Fan was all over the radio. I get that same feeling when I hear Friend. In fact, I think this song could have been that big for FM.

jbrownsjr 05-18-2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeenageMac (Post 821173)
Yeah, I guess Christine's website is down for good. Too bad. I wish it stayed up.

Whenever I hear Friend it takes me right back to 1977 when You Make Loving Fan was all over the radio. I get that same feeling when I hear Friend. In fact, I think this song could have been that big for FM.

Yes it sure does have that feel...

LikeAWillow 06-23-2009 06:11 PM

Our grocery store around here has a thing about playing "Friend." :) I have no idea what satellite station they tune into, though.

nicepace 06-24-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Say, what happened to Christine's official Web site? They took it down for good?
The domain name CHRISTINEMCVIE.COM expires on July 5, 2009. I wonder if whoever owns the domain is going to renew it?

And the alternate domain names like ....ORG and .....NET are actually available.

You'd think some Chris fan with time on their hands would start an Unofficial Christine McVie website. A lot of times the "unofficial" websites are way better than the "official" websites, anyway.

brysondt 06-24-2009 11:06 AM

I just bought In The Meantime on itunes and I love it alot. Somehow, I missed the release of this....I'm not sure why cus I love Christine. How well did the album do when it was released? Did it get a lot of radio play?