The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   latest Rolling Stone take on the split (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57764)

jkmaletic 04-11-2018 07:59 AM

[QUOTE=elle;1222400]
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 (Post 1222363)

there were stories flying around for the last 2 months. everything that came out, whether leaking or in yesterday's statements, confirmed pieces of what we've been hearing.

they were negotiating the tour and how to do it, specifics, what we've been hearing goes. our 2 known explosive exes kept pushing each others' buttons. Lindsey was gonna tour solo in between Fleetwood Mac dates, the way Pretenders had some dates in between their shows with Stevie. they had entangled negotiations how, when, why, who like maybe how to advertise two tours. Lindsey was counting on Mac tour to help sort out his solo tour logistics. eventually after push and pull it ended up Mick and Stevie vs Lindsey. she told Mick - it's him or me. Mick washed his hands of any guilt and went to promoters to ask whether they'll make more money of Lindsey-less or Stevie'-less tour. case closed of course! there was no option of the whole 5 tour on the table. they should have worked it out. instead they threw Lindsey out and went with the money.

I feel silly even getting involved in this speculation, but why would Stevie have a problem with Lindsey doing solo shows? Why would she make it it's either him or me over him wanting to do some solo shows between the Fleetwood Mac tour? I don't understand the thought here. There has to be more.

I'm hoping we hear more when they start promoting the Fleetwood Mac tour. Unless they totally sidestep these obvious questions, we should find out more information within a few months. All this speculating does is spread more hate and anger.

Jamie

TheWildHeart67 04-11-2018 08:04 AM

Quote:

I'm hoping we hear more when they start promoting the Fleetwood Mac tour. Unless they totally sidestep these obvious questions, we should find out more information within a few months. All this speculating does is spread more hate and anger.
Jamie, I agree. Perfectly stated.

jmn3 04-11-2018 09:03 AM

IMO it’s up to the band to address this stuff and prevent the spread of hate and anger. And they should do it pronto. If they weren’t ready to go public yet, then whomever told Billy Burnette should have kept their mouth shut. The cats out of the bag now. Attempts to sidestep questions about Lindsey’s departure are going to make it worse.

I’m hoping for a Buckingham tell-all in depth interview. After this I truly can’t see him ever going back again to work in any way with any of them. So I hope the man gets his story out there and helps drive the narrative instead of just letting the other side do it.

SisterNightroad 04-11-2018 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1222507)
IMO it’s up to the band to address this stuff and prevent the spread of hate and anger. And they should do it pronto. If they weren’t ready to go public yet, then whomever told Billy Burnette should have kept their mouth shut. The cats out of the bag now. Attempts to sidestep questions about Lindsey’s departure are going to make it worse.

I’m hoping for a Buckingham tell-all in depth interview. After this I truly can’t see him ever going back again to work in any way with any of them. So I hope the man gets his story out there and helps drive the narrative instead of just letting the other side do it.

Yes, I think the problem now is that Billy leaked it out. It wasn't very mature of him to spill everything in advance of the band, even if he was offended that they didn't call him.
The strange fact is that surely his profile isn't run by him himself so it was premeditated, not a rash decision.

NotonRodeo 04-11-2018 09:25 AM

Well, Billy Burnette whether we want to admit it or not did spend many years in Fleetwood Mac when nobody else would. He lasted longer than Peter Green or Bob Welch. I would understand how he would be upset that he wasn't chosen. At least he knows all the usual songs. Do Mike or Neil? If it was just a touring band for the get rich quick tour Billy would actually have been a better choice.

FuzzyPlum 04-11-2018 09:39 AM

...Billy Burnette never quit Fleetwood Mac. Mick dissolved the Time band when he knew there was a chance he could get Stevie and Lindsey back on board. That made sense for Mick but its a big kick in the butt for a guy who had given a number of years commitment to the band.

From what I read Billy heard about the Lindsey situation from Mick. He only put out his tweet several days after some people had already been discussing it on social media. He probably thought it was out in the open and fair game.

NotonRodeo 04-11-2018 12:22 PM

I find it incredible that there is nothing on the Fleetwood Mac FB page except that stupid penguin logo. That has just allowed hundreds of people to vent their spleen without a response from the band. This may have been possible in 1987, pre-Internet; now it is a sign of the very usual ineptitude and cluelessness of the band's managers. By this time they should have had their ducks in a row.

And I don't blame Burnette for talking. If I were in his shoes I would have done the same thing, and probably in more caustic terms.

NotonRodeo 04-11-2018 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1222507)

He should do it as quickly as possible, before the band's lawyers find some nondisclosure clause in his contract with the band and get an injunction order against him.

elle 04-09-2019 12:45 PM

and more from a year ago. before everything became more clear.

jbrownsjr 04-11-2019 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1251933)
and more from a year ago. before everything became more clear.

Stop spreading lies... errrrrr speculation... errrrrr hate!! errrrrrrrrrr ... ok they actually admitted it was $tevie...

Thanks for giving us some information we wouldn't otherwise have had early on. :laugh:

TheWildHeart67 04-11-2019 07:45 PM

Who cares.

button-lip 04-11-2019 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1251999)
Stop spreading lies... errrrrr speculation... errrrrr hate!! errrrrrrrrrr ... ok they actually admitted it was $tevie...

Thanks for giving us some information we wouldn't otherwise have had early on. :laugh:

After a lot of lies, mainly from Mick and $tevie, and throwing Lindsey under the bus many, many times, they actually admitted it was the Queen of Deception.

TheWildHeart67 04-11-2019 07:57 PM

Buckaroos... Weeeee. LoL

elle 04-11-2019 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 (Post 1252000)
Who cares.

i do.

i need my side-distraction from day-to-day life, and nothing is happening. we haven't heard from Lindsey since the beginning of February. presumably he must be getting better, but we have no idea whether he can even talk, let alone sing ever again. Lindsey's tour was going to start about now and go through May, with several interesting festivals he was headlining and i wanted to go to some of them. so i miss seeing Lindsey perform, i miss Countdown and Rock Away Blind which were supposedly going to be a part of the setlist this spring. plus we have no idea what's happening with his new album that was almost done, if he cannot sing.

while we are waiting to hear whether Lindsey is alive and whether Stevie is alive, it's interesting to read these old threads and see what people were saying when the news first came out vs what unraveled in the last year.

HomerMcvie 04-11-2019 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 (Post 1252000)
Who cares.

I care. Why not stick to the $tevie forum?