The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Buck/McVie Huber Heights (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57406)

Lola 08-08-2017 05:49 PM

Buck/McVie Huber Heights

This is my first time at this venue. It's fairly new and really nice. Easy to get to. The merchandise is the same as the Chicago show(other one I attended). I bought 2 keychains since I missed those last time. 2 screens on either side of the stage showing footage from the making of the album.

Opening band is Wilderado from California.

aleuzzi 08-08-2017 09:26 PM

Have fun tonight!

jenniferuk 08-08-2017 11:17 PM

What a night! Here's a few thoughts: I loved the energy, enthusiasm, we even got some ad lib comments...a brilliant evening. We were on Christine's side (left aisle), row 4 (which was really row 3) and security wouldn't let us up to the stage until the encores, but such is life. They also didn't let the people in front us to the stage-there was a pavement/floor crack they said we had to stay behind. Anyone in violation got moved.

Highlights: the energy, Chris and her little dance moves, her interaction with the crowd is reserved but there...she shook her maracas at us, gave thumbs up, etc. For a brief moment we exchanged a look (during too far gone) that I realise could be directed at anyone, but I'll take it. The new music sounded great. She is so beautiful.

The crowd was slow to get up & dance but finally a few joined in & that kicked off the fun. I loved when the crowd sang Stevie's part on Lies & Linds & Chris seemed to enjoy that.

YMLF is one of my all time faves and CM was definitely off tonight. But, I'll take it. I was a tad disappointed that Linds never came over to our side, but I can't blame him as no one was up at the stage.

Fess up Ledgies: who amongst you was front row center dancing the night away? Your enthusiasm was unparalleled!

I've been a fm fan as long as I can remember, like many of you the songs are the stories of my life. My favourite members are John & Chris, not in a shipper way, but in a talent & coolness way. I haven't seen Chris on stage since 1997, shows I enjoyed but shows we knew bored her. I can't begin to describe how amazing tonight was for me, and it appeared also for them!!

I haven't been to a small venue in years but this one was great: well organized. A lot of empty seats, sadly. At FM shows I like to sit center row 4-8 where the sound is good and I can see John. After tonight I completely understand the appeal of getting to the stage! It was wonderful to be that close, interact with the band.

I will say that I thought I'd miss John & Mick but this was a completely different experience and the band members were solid & clearly having a ball.

Sorry for any typos & nonsense...too pumped to sleep & typing on my phone.

Hope some others were there & had an equally enjoyable night.

elle 08-09-2017 12:46 AM

I was there! The energy was amazing - like Lindsey solo shows, nothing like somber mood from the first buckvie shows I've seen. Energetic people in the front row put Lindsey in a good mood immediately. Lots of rambling, smiles,and audience interaction. Lindsey missed the bows because of talking to us. Was well worth the track to Ohio!

jwd 08-09-2017 01:39 AM

I WAS THERE!! Great show at a very nice, and new venue. First time there. Weather was perfect for this time of the year.

In the presence of Legends. I was so honored to be there, witnessing two members of FM putting on what I thought was an excellent show. So unfortunate that the place was only half full. Can't understand why people wouldn't take the opportunity to see these two in such a unique circumstance.

Not sure which I was more impressed with, Lindsey's guitar or Christine's hair!!! It really is quite beautiful in person. :] Never, ever, ever drop I'm So Afraid from the set list, it is his guitar anthem. Love the interaction between Linds and Chris. They really do seem like they are having a good time together.

Only complaints music wise I have is I thought the drums were up too high and the backing tracks weren't necessary.

Too Far Gone was probably the most well received new song in the setlist. People were up and moving to this one.

Special shout out to Wilderado, an LA band that opened for BuckVie, and TJ Chumps, a very nice eating place slightly up the road from the Rose Center!

Great evening!

Thanks Christine and Lindsey for keeping it going!!!!

bwboy 08-09-2017 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1215025)
I was there! The energy was amazing - like Lindsey solo shows, nothing like somber mood from the first buckvie shows I've seen. Energetic people in the front row put Lindsey in a good mood immediately. Lots of rambling, smiles,and audience interaction. Lindsey missed the bows because of talking to us. Was well worth the track to Ohio!

Elle and jwd, if I had known you guys were going to be there, I would have probably gone! Nice to see you and jwd and other regulars here had such a great time. I was really wanting to go but too much going on at home kept me away, plus I couldn't find anyone willing to go- I need better friends! :laugh:

jenniferuk 08-09-2017 06:08 AM

Quote:

I'm so pleased you decided to make the trip! I should have messaged you so that I could say hello and thank you in person for you're continued information gathering and sharing!

We all laughed when Linds missed the bows...glad he was off amongst friends! He was adorable last night...thank you front row gang for keeping him amused.

Hope you had somewhere local booked to stay? We got out of the venue in 10 minutes then got stuck in construction holdup for 40 minutes. Ohio roads not the best at the moment, and I think you said you were driving in. Glad the show made it worthwhile!

Josh2003 08-09-2017 08:19 AM

Was there as well! 4th row center. Nice little venue. Was also somewhat surprised at the smaller crowd, given it was the only Ohio show, and the potential for drawing people from Cincinnati and Columbus, but living in Columbus, I really did not see any marketing here and would not have known about the show were I not already a rabid fan.

Both LB and CM were super fun and playful with the crowd. Shout out to the group in the front row for egging them on and bringing the fun out of them :-)

Is Christine even playing keyboards? I saw her doing something with the foot pedals during You Make Loving Fun, and she was definitely playing during Game of Pretend. But Brett absolutely played the intro to Hold Me. Is she playing at all, or are her parts just mixed REALLY low?

The drum tracks were annoying too. I'd watch Jimmy playing, and realize at many times the drum parts were were HEARING were not what he was PLAYING (Too Far Gone drum solos, Love is Here to Stay being major examples).

One thing I found interesting seeing Chris that close...on Lindsey-featured songs (I'm So Afraid specifically), when the lighting is down on her, and she's focused on "playing" the keys, the ways she looks to the side, with her hair in her face...my god, it felt to me like I was watching 1982 Christine performing on the Mirage tour or something...it was quite surreal.

Loved the show. The new songs sounded great. In fact, everything sounded much better in person than the YouTube clips I had seen (go figure). Her voice was exceptionally perfect on Wish You Were Here.

jbrownsjr 08-09-2017 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenniferuk (Post 1215024)
What a night! Here's a few thoughts: I loved the energy, enthusiasm, we even got some ad lib comments...a brilliant evening. We were on Christine's side (left aisle), row 4 (which was really row 3) and security wouldn't let us up to the stage until the encores, but such is life. They also didn't let the people in front us to the stage-there was a pavement/floor crack they said we had to stay behind. Anyone in violation got moved.

Highlights: the energy, Chris and her little dance moves, her interaction with the crowd is reserved but there...she shook her maracas at us, gave thumbs up, etc. For a brief moment we exchanged a look (during too far gone) that I realise could be directed at anyone, but I'll take it. The new music sounded great. She is so beautiful.

The crowd was slow to get up & dance but finally a few joined in & that kicked off the fun. I loved when the crowd sang Stevie's part on Lies & Linds & Chris seemed to enjoy that.

YMLF is one of my all time faves and CM was definitely off tonight. But, I'll take it. I was a tad disappointed that Linds never came over to our side, but I can't blame him as no one was up at the stage.

Fess up Ledgies: who amongst you was front row center dancing the night away? Your enthusiasm was unparalleled!

I've been a fm fan as long as I can remember, like many of you the songs are the stories of my life. My favourite members are John & Chris, not in a shipper way, but in a talent & coolness way. I haven't seen Chris on stage since 1997, shows I enjoyed but shows we knew bored her. I can't begin to describe how amazing tonight was for me, and it appeared also for them!!

I haven't been to a small venue in years but this one was great: well organized. A lot of empty seats, sadly. At FM shows I like to sit center row 4-8 where the sound is good and I can see John. After tonight I completely understand the appeal of getting to the stage! It was wonderful to be that close, interact with the band.

I will say that I thought I'd miss John & Mick but this was a completely different experience and the band members were solid & clearly having a ball.

Sorry for any typos & nonsense...too pumped to sleep & typing on my phone.

Hope some others were there & had an equally enjoyable night.

Makes me wish you were in LA. The whole theater was rockin. I'm so glad you had a great time and got to see it!!! I hope there's more BuckVie to come. It was an amazing experience for me. I could feel the energy..........

jbrownsjr 08-09-2017 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh2003 (Post 1215033)
Was there as well! 4th row center. Nice little venue. Was also somewhat surprised at the smaller crowd, given it was the only Ohio show, and the potential for drawing people from Cincinnati and Columbus, but living in Columbus, I really did not see any marketing here and would not have known about the show were I not already a rabid fan.

Both LB and CM were super fun and playful with the crowd. Shout out to the group in the front row for egging them on and bringing the fun out of them :-)

Is Christine even playing keyboards? I saw her doing something with the foot pedals during You Make Loving Fun, and she was definitely playing during Game of Pretend. But Brett absolutely played the intro to Hold Me. Is she playing at all, or are her parts just mixed REALLY low?

The drum tracks were annoying too. I'd watch Jimmy playing, and realize at many times the drum parts were were HEARING were not what he was PLAYING (Too Far Gone drum solos, Love is Here to Stay being major examples).

One thing I found interesting seeing Chris that close...on Lindsey-featured songs (I'm So Afraid specifically), when the lighting is down on her, and she's focused on "playing" the keys, the ways she looks to the side, with her hair in her face...my god, it felt to me like I was watching 1982 Christine performing on the Mirage tour or something...it was quite surreal.

Loved the show. The new songs sounded great. In fact, everything sounded much better in person than the YouTube clips I had seen (go figure). Her voice was exceptionally perfect on Wish You Were Here.

YES!!! I had this same sensation. I felt like I'd gone into a time machine. It was such an amazing experience.

jbrownsjr 08-09-2017 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1215030)
Elle and jwd, if I had known you guys were going to be there, I would have probably gone! Nice to see you and jwd and other regulars here had such a great time. I was really wanting to go but too much going on at home kept me away, plus I couldn't find anyone willing to go- I need better friends! :laugh:

I was hoping you would go. It was quite an amazing experience. A great notch to put in the FMac concert libraries.

bombaysaffires 08-09-2017 10:43 AM

Quote:

tell me more, tell me more!!!!

bombaysaffires 08-09-2017 10:47 AM

Quote:

^This... especially the drums on Too Far Gone......:mad:

aleuzzi 08-09-2017 10:58 AM

Quote:

The drum tracks were annoying too. I'd watch Jimmy playing, and realize at many times the drum parts were were HEARING were not what he was PLAYING (Too Far Gone drum solos, Love is Here to Stay being major examples)....

From what I can tell in videos and based on other attendees' comments, she is playing chords and simple figures but her parts are often mixed down. I'm not sure why this is the case. I'm presuming, like the drum tracks, that LB arranged this and/or CM wasn't interested in preparing multi-layered keyboard work as she used to. I have a feeling it's both reasons. He wants the music to sound a specific way. And she is no longer interested in playing everything live (as opposed to her still-impressive studio playing). I first saw this on "Silver Springs" during the last FM tour. She didn't play the piano on it.

I'm thrilled, however, that her voice was in good form and that she sounded especially good on WYWH. While I mis Christine's sturdy, bluesy keyboard textures, I still tune in for the voice. That voice!

jwd 08-09-2017 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1215030)

I had to rearrange the work schedule a little, with the concert falling in the middle of the week. But I'm so glad I went. It was an amazing night. One I'll never forget!

jwd 08-09-2017 11:43 AM

Quote:

Yes very much so. I got that vibe several times during the night as well. Chris has a laid back stage presence, but it's powerful and she draws you in with those little Chris mannerisms.

bwboy 08-09-2017 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1215051)
I had to rearrange the work schedule a little, with the concert falling in the middle of the week. But I'm so glad I went. It was an amazing night. One I'll never forget!

Glad you had such a great time. And I am surprised to hear there wasn't more of a crowd... FM and Stevie always seem to do very well in Ohio. Stevie played in Columbus earlier this year and she's playing in Dayton again in September, I think. Plus I hear FM on the radio a lot.

jwd 08-09-2017 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1215054)
Glad you had such a great time. And I am surprised to hear there wasn't more of a crowd... FM and Stevie always seem to do very well in Ohio. Stevie played in Columbus earlier this year and she's playing in Dayton again in September, I think. Plus I hear FM on the radio a lot.

Thanks! I'm guessing some of the reasons for the low attendance was the concert being on a Tuesday night, and a lot of people don't recognize the names Buckingham McVie. I had to explain several times to people, when asked what concert I was going to, who they were. Most people know the names Stevie Nicks and of course Fleetwood Mac. Plus there was no promotion for the concert at all.

I really look at this tour as a true gift from Lindsey and Chris. They didn't have to do this record, which I think is fantastic and was playing it through at least fives times last night. Moreover they didn't have to tour behind it. To me it's a sign of their true artistry and the direction they want to go in as musicians. So kudos to them.

jenniferuk 08-09-2017 03:58 PM

I'm still energized & giddy...such a brilliant show. A few more randoms:

CM is more stunning in person than I remembered. She's healthy looking & so radiant from her lovely wavy hair to her sparkley shoes. My husband isn't as into music but comes along commented on her 'wow' factor. He knows her more from the down to earth interviews I've watched, respects her as a fellow Brit (loves her wit, humour), and now gets it.

I'm not astute enough musically to say what she doesn't play, but she likes to keep her hands busy & clearly played GoP (as mentioned above). I think you all know she's got a small autocue /teleprompter on her keyboard stand but I never saw her use it. I'm not sure the maracas actually shake but I can't say it bothered me.

Agree about the lack of publicity & familiarity, and a Tuesday night is a challenge for many. Today at work I repeatedly played the 'which concert were you at' game, finally just saying that I saw 2 from FM, then it was 'oh cool'.

I'm forever amazed that people can buy front row seats & not once stand, dance, etc. I'd combust.

I enjoyed watching the setup post Wilderado: Christine's tech adjusting the keys, dusting them off with a paintbrush, her assistant (I assume) setting up her two blue Solo cups (bottled water, straws), Federico popping out to look at his bass collection (he was out a few times before Wilderado opened).

I adore how Chris & Linds simply stroll out at show time: no fanfare, just here we are.

The band members have great rapport, fun, & interaction with CM. Jimmy had posted Instagram pics the night before of him, Brett, Federico at the cinema to see the Dixie Chicks film (Jimmy is in that) & I heard Brett & Federico mention it while Linds was introducing Jimmy.

There was a front row couple who kept trying to get selfies /photos of themselves with Chris & Linds & they struggled to do so. Linds seemed amused & pointed them out to Chris. It pleased me when they had a random moment or laugh. Of course his expressions are legendary.

I can only hope their creating & performing makes another run. Theirs is the first album in years I've listened to on continued repeat & without skipping a track. What a gift.

elle 08-09-2017 06:16 PM

new songs intro before SATC

banter with the audience, and rambling and teasing about "having his way" with her songs - then waiting for audience reaction and going what, you got nothing? :lol:

Lola 08-09-2017 07:42 PM

Reading thru the comments--I concur on Christine's gorgeous hair and she was wearing cute sparkly shoes. Hard to believe she's in her 70's. Too Far Gone really rocks and gets people moving.

I was on the left side 6th row, 2nd seat from the center aisle. Great guys on both sides of me, there to see LB mostly. We were laughing about 3 single tickets and who bought 1st, 2nd, 3rd. My section was sedate except for a few closer up and a few further down my aisle. So glad to see there were others on my side having a ball! Lots of energy front and center! Kudos to ALL party people-- ledgie or not!! This tour is a blessing and I'm not going to celebrate it sitting down. I wish Lindsey would have come over too but we had plenty of interaction with Chris. She waves, smiles, nods and does her little dances moves--clearly having fun. I made a sign that said "Thank You For New Music". Just a flimsy sign written in marker but it worked. I brought it to the Chicago show too but realized some of the marker smudged after holding it up for a minute. This time it was legible and Chris saw it. She looked right at me, nodded and smiled. The guy on my left goes she saw it! :)

The security kept the aisles clear and told people to turn their flash off. Then for the encore they let everyone up. That was unexpected. I talked to one of the ushers after the show and he said every band does things different and they gave the all clear for fans to come up. That's when I saw Chris's shoes.

Can anyone verify Lindsey's comment about him and Chris "doing this again" or "we'll do this again"? I'm certain I heard him say that. He complimented Chris on her time away from the band saying it "took a lot of courage' for her to do what she needed to do.

I met a super sweet girl and her friend---one of the diehards like me--holding it down on the left side, on their feet and singing along to every song. It's so cool to meet people who go to multiple shows. Nothing to explain!!:laugh:

The show was splendid. Occasional weak vocals and Chris doesn't play as much/keeps it simple like mentioned earlier in this thread. Lindsey brings the house down with his solo. The band sounds great even if I'm not thrilled about backing tracks. I love the songs. I love the emphasis on the new music and when they play those 4 new songs in a row towards the beginning I feel high as a kite! I felt a little sad on the way home tho. Only 2 more shows left. A family situation usurped my Detroit show and I'm STILL pissed about that. I'm so glad they did this album. Every day I appreciate the new music and the tour. :blob1:

Lola 08-09-2017 07:49 PM

Elle, thx for posting this. Lots of interaction thru the whole show. Good stuff!

Lola 08-09-2017 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenniferuk (Post 1215072)
I'm still energized & giddy...such a brilliant show. A few more randoms:

CM is more stunning in person than I remembered. She's healthy looking & so radiant from her lovely wavy hair to her sparkley shoes. My husband isn't as into music but comes along commented on her 'wow' factor. He knows her more from the down to earth interviews I've watched, respects her as a fellow Brit (loves her wit, humour), and now gets it.

I'm not astute enough musically to say what she doesn't play, but she likes to keep her hands busy & clearly played GoP (as mentioned above). I think you all know she's got a small autocue /teleprompter on her keyboard stand but I never saw her use it. I'm not sure the maracas actually shake but I can't say it bothered me.

Agree about the lack of publicity & familiarity, and a Tuesday night is a challenge for many. Today at work I repeatedly played the 'which concert were you at' game, finally just saying that I saw 2 from FM, then it was 'oh cool'.

I'm forever amazed that people can buy front row seats & not once stand, dance, etc. I'd combust.

I enjoyed watching the setup post Wilderado: Christine's tech adjusting the keys, dusting them off with a paintbrush, her assistant (I assume) setting up her two blue Solo cups (bottled water, straws), Federico popping out to look at his bass collection (he was out a few times before Wilderado opened).

I adore how Chris & Linds simply stroll out at show time: no fanfare, just here we are.

The band members have great rapport, fun, & interaction with CM. Jimmy had posted Instagram pics the night before of him, Brett, Federico at the cinema to see the Dixie Chicks film (Jimmy is in that) & I heard Brett & Federico mention it while Linds was introducing Jimmy.

There was a front row couple who kept trying to get selfies /photos of themselves with Chris & Linds & they struggled to do so. Linds seemed amused & pointed them out to Chris. It pleased me when they had a random moment or laugh. Of course his expressions are legendary.

I can only hope their creating & performing makes another run. Theirs is the first album in years I've listened to on continued repeat & without skipping a track. What a gift.

Agree on the front row folks sitting down--how?!?! Chris looks totally at ease with the band and they're all relaxed and having a blast. You're right about them strolling out too, like they're going to get the newspaper at the end of the driveway.

aleuzzi 08-09-2017 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenniferuk (Post 1215072)

I couldn't agree more, jenniferuk. This new music is a gift. I listen to the songs all the time. I go through phases about which ones are my favorite. Right now I'm on "Too Far Gone" and "Love is Here to Stay" kick. But whenever the disc is playing, I always make time for the final two songs, too. Just incredible stuff.

Lola 08-09-2017 08:18 PM

I heard Lindsey say something about "doing this again". I hope someone else heard it too or has it recorded. A second album would be incredible! Then if they tour we'd get songs from BOTH albums. Can you imagine?!

jenniferuk 08-09-2017 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lola (Post 1215087)
Agree on the front row folks sitting down--how?!?! Chris looks totally at ease with the band and they're all relaxed and having a blast. You're right about them strolling out too, like they're going to get the newspaper at the end of the driveway.

Haha, the newspaper is spot in.

This is mean of me but you must've seen the couple in row b, the two chairs (front row really as there was no row A)? They didn't move once & were not amused when security let us up.

I think I was to your left at the stage / encores as I turned sideways at one point to look at the crowd and saw your sign. Well done!

Lola 08-09-2017 08:31 PM

I think I was to your left at the stage / encores as I turned sideways at one point to look at the crowd and saw your sign. Well done!
Thank you!

jenniferuk 08-09-2017 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1215088)
I couldn't agree more, jenniferuk. This new music is a gift. I listen to the songs all the time. I go through phases about which ones are my favorite. Right now I'm on "Too Far Gone" and "Love is Here to Stay" kick. But whenever the disc is playing, I always make time for the final two songs, too. Just incredible stuff.

Oh this! I laugh as the other day I found myself humming SATC and I didn't think I particularly liked that song...but now I do! Too Far Gone is my current favourite.

elle 08-09-2017 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lola (Post 1215085)
I made a sign that said "Thank You For New Music". Just a flimsy sign written in marker but it worked. I brought it to the Chicago show too but realized some of the marker smudged after holding it up for a minute. This time it was legible and Chris saw it. She looked right at me, nodded and smiled. The guy on my left goes she saw it! :)

The security kept the aisles clear and told people to turn their flash off. Then for the encore they let everyone up. That was unexpected. I talked to one of the ushers after the show and he said every band does things different and they gave the all clear for fans to come up. That's when I saw Chris's shoes.

Can anyone verify Lindsey's comment about him and Chris "doing this again" or "we'll do this again"? I'm certain I heard him say that. He complimented Chris on her time away from the band saying it "took a lot of courage' for her to do what she needed to do.

so great that you made the sign and that Chris saw it!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

yes i've heard him say that too - he half-asked Chris that they should do all this again, maybe in 2 years?! i understood it as another new album and tour it! :]

i'm looking for a recording of one of the shorter LB ramblings i think right after they came back out for the encores - he mentioned something about being too hot in Washington - would love to have that if anyone has it or finds it! :wavey:

elle 08-09-2017 09:56 PM

Saw Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie last night. Great show!

A post shared by Adam S Dailey (@adamdaileydirector) on

elle 08-09-2017 10:12 PM

elle 08-09-2017 10:14 PM

kuchagirl 08-10-2017 12:25 AM

I love how Lindsey is embracing the new dynamic with Christine.

I actually think Christine started it: at the Seattle show, when he was going on and on about Christine's absence and her brave journey, she interrupted him and said, "tell me!". It was almost like she was indicating that she was capable of more on-stage banter: transforming from her reluctance to be the spotlight to being a full on-stage player. Now, Lindsey plays repeatedly off of her, let's her into his spiel. It's so terrific, gets him out of his own head.

Also, this is such a crass comment, but I used to think - with all the relationship drama of the 1970s - that surely Lindsey had his way with Christine at some time. But, now, I don't think so! They seem to be getting to know one another. :xoxo:

sue 08-10-2017 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuchagirl (Post 1215100)

I actually think Christine started it: at the Seattle show, when he was going on and on about Christine's absence and her brave journey, she interrupted him and said, "tell me!". It was almost like she was indicating that she was capable of more on-stage banter: transforming from her reluctance to be the spotlight to being a full on-stage player. Now, Lindsey plays repeatedly off of her, let's her into his spiel. It's so terrific, gets him out of his own head.

Also, this is such a crass comment, but I used to think - with all the relationship drama of the 1970s - that surely Lindsey had his way with Christine at some time. But, now, I don't think so! They seem to be getting to know one another. :xoxo:

I think this kind of new relationship will change the dynamics on stage when they tour with Fleetwood Mac....

jbrownsjr 08-10-2017 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1215101)
I think this kind of new relationship will change the dynamics on stage when they tour with Fleetwood Mac....

Absolutely. And, I think we've seen it already in the Classic Concerts.

jbrownsjr 08-10-2017 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuchagirl (Post 1215100)

It's a truly amazing thing to watch. You can see where a lot of FM's magic comes from.

elle 08-10-2017 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1215048)
tell me more, tell me more!!!!

Haha there are some pics a friend took during the show posted in our Real Savage Like Facebook group- one of LB talking to me and another one of him walking up to me with a ready to fight pose. Lol. It was just the usual - I was giving him my list of the songs he owes me - like Rodeo, Walk a thin line and of course What makes you think you're the one.

Now when they added another leg they should really spice up a setlist and add at least some of those songs!

(and I'm sure they won't- but we need to try! He actually seemed genuinely interested to hear what all I have on my gripe list - which is not usually the case, so maybe if we push enough... trouble and SUD can go and we can get some deeper cuts from LB next leg)

SteveMacD 08-10-2017 02:35 PM

I was at the show, and will post a better review later (I had to put a second down in less than a month yesterday, so it's been chaotic around here).

I was right up front within an arm's length of Christine during the encore, and I heard Lindsey say something about them hopefully doing this again in a couple of years, and also said that he hoped he didn't just let the cat out of the bag.

Lola 08-10-2017 02:53 PM

YES! I heard the same thing. Thank you so much for confirming. Not sure what you meant by putting a second one down-if it's a pet please accept my condolences.

jwd 08-11-2017 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1215097)

I think she is so beautiful. This video does not do justice to how pretty her hair is in person. It's luminous! And she has eyes like a cat.

Any doubts I had about Christine's vocals were put to rest that night. It was such a thrill to hear her sing.

Thanks for posting Elle!