The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   How are you feeling before the first date of the tour (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58143)

Mr Scarrott 10-03-2018 07:55 AM

How are you feeling before the first date of the tour

How would you sum up in one sentence how you're feeling before the first date of the tour?

I have a weary, resigned acceptance that this is still Fleetwood Mac but I am not duty-bound to love every iteration of this band that is offered up; I have a modicum of interest in their performance and a hope that I fear may be misplaced that a rich vein of their back catalogue will be mined.

A bit wordy, but there you go...

vivfox 10-03-2018 08:27 AM

I am very excited to see what the setlist is going to be. Then I will watch youtube hoping they do well in concert and hopefully make me feel better about this incarnation of FM.

SorcererJP 10-03-2018 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott (Post 1238048)
How would you sum up in one sentence how you're feeling before the first date of the tour?

I have a weary, resigned acceptance that this is still Fleetwood Mac but I am not duty-bound to love every iteration of this band that is offered up; I have a modicum of interest in their performance and a hope that I fear may be misplaced that a rich vein of their back catalogue will be mined.

A bit wordy, but there you go...

With much respect for this new line-up I'm very curious with excitement of what they'll make of it!

Feather Blade 10-03-2018 09:47 AM

I'm stoked to hear what they come up with set-list wise. Lots of opportunity with new space opened up for deep cuts. Which is not to say that I don't think they have plenty of past experience in blowing chances for something cool and falling back on the same tired stuff. (To a certain extent I also understand why they stick to playing the well-worn hits, I heard a joke recently about veteran bands not scaring the old folks with unpredictable new music and comforting them with the safe and predictable; I imagine a lot of it is that.) However, I will stay cautiously optimistic that there will be at least a few fun surprises. Mike is great and I think he will be wonderful. I still don't know a ton about what to expect with Neil, but a fresh younger voice can only improve the harmonies. For those that attend tonight, please give us your full reviews. Incidentally, isn't it time to pull the Buckingham/Mcvie tour dates thread off the Rumours part of the forum and replace them with the Mac tour dates? I find that strange that they are still here this long afterwards.

guillamene 10-03-2018 10:45 AM

I am ,of course, curious but I don't expect too many surprises and while I'm happy that they are on the road again, I am more than concerned about how Stevie has basically taken over this band for her own image and I don't want to hear non Fleetwood Mac songs in the set..

Keith 10-03-2018 10:58 AM

Oh Well..

Of course I'm definitely curious about the setlist and how they will sound - I hope we have a lot of videos show up on YouTube.

Buster 10-03-2018 11:17 AM

I’m feeling a little nauseous but surprised by how curious I
am to see the setlist and some clips. Outside of the naseua, it’s how I feel every time a FM or SN tour begins.

sands of time 10-03-2018 11:37 AM

Very sad for them. It hurts to see once-legendary artists surrender all of their integrity and dignity.

Storms123 10-03-2018 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sands of time (Post 1238071)
Very sad for them. It hurts to see once-legendary artists surrender all of their integrity and dignity.

Yes to this. Well said

sue 10-03-2018 04:48 PM

I feel kind of strange.....big load of confliction
I will miss Lindsey, but am very curious as to what the Set list will be.
Also how the dynamics of the new line up will react and sound.

AncientQueen 10-03-2018 06:06 PM

I don't want them to fail completely and then - I want them to.

I want all the negative reviews, I'm that spiteful - but only as long as they say nice things about Christine and John. Still conflicted.

bwboy 10-03-2018 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather Blade (Post 1238058)
I'm stoked to hear what they come up with set-list wise. Lots of opportunity with new space opened up for deep cuts. Which is not to say that I don't think they have plenty of past experience in blowing chances for something cool and falling back on the same tired stuff. (To a certain extent I also understand why they stick to playing the well-worn hits, I heard a joke recently about veteran bands not scaring the old folks with unpredictable new music and comforting them with the safe and predictable; I imagine a lot of it is that.) However, I will stay cautiously optimistic that there will be at least a few fun surprises. Mike is great and I think he will be wonderful. I still don't know a ton about what to expect with Neil, but a fresh younger voice can only improve the harmonies. For those that attend tonight, please give us your full reviews. Incidentally, isn't it time to pull the Buckingham/Mcvie tour dates thread off the Rumours part of the forum and replace them with the Mac tour dates? I find that strange that they are still here this long afterwards.

100% to all of the above. The dates should absolutely be listed.

Can't wait to read about the setlist, even though I know I'll have to wade through the haters, who will feel the need to comment on every aspect of it, to get to the actual information I want. Oh well, on with the show!

BLY 10-03-2018 06:53 PM

I’m looking forward to seeing the set list but I feel there won’t be too many surprises. I also will be interested in reading the reviews as this tour intersects with Buckinghams. I have opted out of this tour but will see Lindsey. I have seen Neil with Crowded House a couple of times and he is great......but :cool:

elle 10-03-2018 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AncientQueen (Post 1238088)
I don't want them to fail completely and then - I want them to.

I want all the negative reviews, I'm that spiteful - but only as long as they say nice things about Christine and John. Still conflicted.

i won't lie, and this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone here. i want their tour to fail. miserably. it won't - but i want it to. they went with the money, they deserve to have it all implode on them. :thumbsup: :angel:

secondhandchain 10-03-2018 08:43 PM

Feeling grossed out.