The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Stevie in the newest Rolling Stone magazine. (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56919)

Danielle 03-10-2017 09:06 AM

Stevie in the newest Rolling Stone magazine.

http://i.imgur.com/lBETUMm.jpg

twinmatrix 03-10-2017 09:18 AM

All her interviews always touch me. I don't know what it is. I feel so connected to her person.

"Don't listen to other people. In your heart of hearts, you know what's best for you."

can someone turn that into one of those quote pictures?

Feather Blade 03-10-2017 10:20 AM

After she said she doesn't see a Mac album happening again I wish they had hit her with a follow up question to ask if she feels the same way about recording solo. It would have been interesting to hear the answer in light of all the "music business just isn't the same, so no point in making any new records" stuff.

BLY 03-10-2017 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather Blade (Post 1202773)
After she said she doesn't see a Mac album happening again I wish they had hit her with a follow up question to ask if she feels the same way about recording solo. It would have been interesting to hear the answer in light of all the "music business just isn't the same, so no point in making any new records" stuff.

I was thinking the same thing.

wheart 03-10-2017 10:28 AM

I don't always agree with some of her choices, but Stevie never fails to inspire me, particularly on her perspective and attitude on getting older. It's exactly what I needed to hear today. She remains an inspiration to me, even after all these years. "Hit the stage...dancin'..."

SisterNightroad 03-10-2017 10:58 AM

Fantastic, she's been really active this last period.

olive 03-10-2017 11:42 AM

Joan of Arc” demo, a song Nicks wrote inspired by primatologist Jane Goodall, but she pulled it off the disc last year. “I still want to record it,” she explained. “The song has its really good moments but it’s not good enough to go out as that version.”

why ? and for a solo record if a MAC record won't sell why waste time on a solo record ?

i'll just assume it's "things Stevie said " no new record , i'm filming my show , i am doing alternative setlist , secret shows , etcetera, etcetera, etcetera

blinker12 03-10-2017 12:00 PM

I'm having trouble understanding her answer to the "you chose not to participate" question. Is she saying they should've given Stevie her two years off after giving Christine 16 years off? (Though I guess it's a moot point because in the next answer she says she wouldn't record an album anyway?)

Stevie whisperers please :)

olive 03-10-2017 12:25 PM

she needs to be let go .

she will not record anything new with them , but she is perfectly ok with taking 100's of dollars from fans to sing the same old songs , and trowing in one she retied 20 years ago is her gift to us that's Bull $H!!T

Frankenstein 03-10-2017 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olive (Post 1202783)
she needs to be let go .

she will not record anything new with them , but she is perfectly ok with taking 100's of dollars from fans to sing the same old songs , and trowing in one she retied 20 years ago is her gift to us that's Bull $H!!T

"Do a ton of shows and make lots of money" :rolleyes:

olive 03-10-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenstein (Post 1202784)
"Do a ton of shows and make lots of money" :rolleyes:

THANKS
i get attacked for bringing up ,even about someones death she finds away to bring up money

James89 03-10-2017 01:06 PM

Why is she talking about 'making money'? She's worth a fortune and she's making a ton of cash on her current tour. I don't understand her thinking there.

wheart 03-10-2017 01:36 PM

Quote:

she needs to be let go .

yup, it's a total double standard. When discussing IYD she said she didn't care if it didn't sell, she was making it for herself. And now suddenly the issue of sales is relevant again? She's not recording with FM because she doesn't want to make a record with Lindsey. I think it's that simple.

STEVEHEDRICK 03-10-2017 02:08 PM

Quote:

she needs to be let go .

they all take fans money not just her, she's not interested in recording with them, accept it its her choice.

DashingDan 03-10-2017 02:17 PM

I always choose to think that when she now talks about making touring money with Fleetwood Mac, she is speaking as someone who wants to make sure that Mick and John are getting fresh cash in their piggy banks every few years. I think it's now only out of a sense of loyalty and care for John and Mick that she would even consider another 135 shows at 70 years of age. Fire away.

wheart 03-10-2017 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DashingDan (Post 1202800)
I always choose to think that when she now talks about making touring money with Fleetwood Mac, she is speaking as someone who wants to make sure that Mick and John are getting fresh cash in their piggy banks every few years. I think it's now only out of a sense of loyalty and care for John and Mick that she would even consider another 135 shows at 70 years of age. Fire away.

I never thought of it like that. You could be on to something. She clearly doesn't need the $$ for clothes since she's been wearing the same outfit for the past 10 years! :p

jkmaletic 03-10-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather Blade (Post 1202773)

My best guess is that I think that it's cheaper recording with someone like Dave Stewart versus recording with Fleetwood Mac. I know she records faster with Dave, so that's less studio time, and studio time is what costs a lot, right? :shrug:

Jamie

jkmaletic 03-10-2017 02:46 PM

Quote:

I believe this to be true as well.

Jamie

MakerofBirds 03-10-2017 02:47 PM

Quote:

I think this is very true, but it's not just for Mick and John. You have to remember that both Stevie and Fleetwood Mac are the employers of a large group of people. Sharon and Lori (or Marilyn this time around), Waddy, Stevie's makeup and wardrobe people, the roadies, the tour managers, etc., on down the line. For some of these people it's their only career and only chance to make money. Not Waddy, he plays with everyone, but someone like Sharon doesn't. Then let's also remember that Mick has gone bankrupt at least twice. So making a lot of money is never just for her.

DashingDan 03-10-2017 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakerofBirds (Post 1202804)
I think this is very true, but it's not just for Mick and John. You have to remember that both Stevie and Fleetwood Mac are the employers of a large group of people. Sharon and Lori (or Marilyn this time around), Waddy, Stevie's makeup and wardrobe people, the roadies, the tour managers, etc., on down the line. For some of these people it's their only career and only chance to make money. Not Waddy, he plays with everyone, but someone like Sharon doesn't. Then let's also remember that Mick has gone bankrupt at least twice. So making a lot of money is never just for her.

Indeedidly!

bombaysaffires 03-10-2017 03:59 PM

actually Sharon has had a very successful run as a backup singer/studio singer for lots of people besides Stevie. I recall an article once naming some of the people and Mick Jagger was one..

I think if she meant supporting her employees or other band members she'd have said that.

I'm sorry but I don't think she is worried about helping Mick and John. I have loved this woman since the 70s but I think that's optimistic.:sorry: Can I prove it? No.

She works hard, too hard to meet up with old friends do do dinner or have a drink or coffee? Really? I'm not buying that. She does a lot of socializing before and after shows.... they could easily come backstage or whatever even for a half hour or something. She "hangs out" with her own entourage. I get that she's almost 70 and clearly touring is more exhausting than ever. I just think she's gotten so into this routine of work, work work, and doesn't have the same personal commitments when she's off the road to kids, family, cleaning the house, whatever that her entourage has that when they get home off the road, those people all go off and have major things to do. She doesn't. So she gets bored or whatever.

Remember the "I want to sit in my trailer in Malibu that I bought but have never spent time in coz FM toured so long?" Yeah, that never happened. She could be doing that NOW. Instead, she's touring. And extending her tour. wtf.

She sounds like she's still bitter about not getting a break because Chris came back.

She wants out of FM but she doesn't have the guts to say it. This irritates me to no end. I hope (even though it's not likely) the Lindsey/Chris thing does really well now.:mad:

SisterNightroad 03-10-2017 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1202811)
actually Sharon has had a very successful run as a backup singer/studio singer for lots of people besides Stevie. I recall an article once naming some of the people and Mick Jagger was one..

I think if she meant supporting her employees or other band members she'd have said that.

I'm sorry but I don't think she is worried about helping Mick and John. I have loved this woman since the 70s but I think that's optimistic.:sorry: Can I prove it? No.

She works hard, too hard to meet up with old friends do do dinner or have a drink or coffee? Really? I'm not buying that. She does a lot of socializing before and after shows.... they could easily come backstage or whatever even for a half hour or something. She "hangs out" with her own entourage. I get that she's almost 70 and clearly touring is more exhausting than ever. I just think she's gotten so into this routine of work, work work, and doesn't have the same personal commitments when she's off the road to kids, family, cleaning the house, whatever that her entourage has that when they get home off the road, those people all go off and have major things to do. She doesn't. So she gets bored or whatever.

Remember the "I want to sit in my trailer in Malibu that I bought but have never spent time in coz FM toured so long?" Yeah, that never happened. She could be doing that NOW. Instead, she's touring. And extending her tour. wtf.

She sounds like she's still bitter about not getting a break because Chris came back.

She wants out of FM but she doesn't have the guts to say it. This irritates me to no end. I hope (even though it's not likely) the Lindsey/Chris thing does really well now.:mad:

I agree with many things you said but actually in one of the recent interviews Stevie mentioned being preoccupied in the past about what would happen to her employees if she did stop working.
I don't think it's the only nor the main reason, but I think she does think about her employees too.

olive 03-10-2017 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmaletic (Post 1202802)
My best guess is that I think that it's cheaper recording with someone like Dave Stewart versus recording with Fleetwood Mac. I know she records faster with Dave, so that's less studio time, and studio time is what costs a lot, right? :shrug:

Jamie

Anyone with a laptop and a master bedroom can make a record

TheWildHeart67 03-10-2017 04:35 PM

Um, could they have made her picture any less flattering?

olive 03-10-2017 04:51 PM

Is the miniseries about Rhiannon and the Welsh gods in addition to the full length movie about Rihannon with soundtrack. and will that be before or after the Goldfish and ladybug cartoon a full Las Vegas Extravaganza ,the album of duets with Tom and a live recording of her latest tour?

SisterNightroad 03-10-2017 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 (Post 1202818)
Um, could they have made her picture any less flattering?

It's an illustration by an artist but yes, it exaggerates a bit the chiaroscuro in some unflattering points.

rubylounge 03-10-2017 05:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by twinmatrix (Post 1202769)
All her interviews always touch me. I don't know what it is. I feel so connected to her person.

"Don't listen to other people. In your heart of hearts, you know what's best for you."

can someone turn that into one of those quote pictures?

Love that quote! I made a quote pic of it as requested:)

Macfan4life 03-10-2017 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinker12 (Post 1202780)
I'm having trouble understanding her answer to the "you chose not to participate" question. Is she saying they should've given Stevie her two years off after giving Christine 16 years off? (Though I guess it's a moot point because in the next answer she says she wouldn't record an album anyway?)

You have a right to be confused but Stevie logic is not logic :eek:
She says "if the music industry was different" maybe she would have contributed to another Mac album.
That makes no sense. By her logic she should have never done In Your Dreams and 24K gold. But she did them, they are her least successful albums but she is extremely proud of them and says its some of the best music she has ever done.

jkmaletic 03-10-2017 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1202824)
You have a right to be confused but Stevie logic is not logic :eek:
She says "if the music industry was different" maybe she would have contributed to another Mac album.
That makes no sense. By her logic she should have never done In Your Dreams and 24K gold. But she did them, they are her least successful albums but she is extremely proud of them and says its some of the best music she has ever done.

The difference is she enjoyed recording those.

Macfan4life 03-10-2017 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmaletic (Post 1202826)
The difference is she enjoyed recording those.

Oh I agree. I just wish she would be honest and quit complaining and using the industry as the reason she is not on the new record.

dreamsunwind 03-10-2017 05:41 PM

Yeah and then those albums didn't sell which I doubt put her in a good mood. What happened to Dave Stewart anyways? I saw someone point it out, what happened to him? She raved and raved about how working with him was the best thing that ever happened to her, best year of her life, she only wants to have him produce etc etc. He always tweeted updates on her and everything and now what happened?

I think some people are too far up Stevie's ass. And anyone who thinks she doesn't really care about records selling is delusional. That plays a huge role in her not having motivation. Her whole attitude towards the music industry now is very cynical. She even said she doesn't write as many songs anymore. All those things coming together just made her lose interest in a desire to actually create something new. She needs to stop blaming everything on everything and everyone else and just say that in the end, it all comes down to her. How she's looking at everything, how she's perceiving everything.

singertobe 03-10-2017 05:51 PM

Quote:

she needs to be let go .

Indeed.....

STEVEHEDRICK 03-10-2017 05:53 PM

say

How often do you listen to last fleetwood cd? I never do.

SisterNightroad 03-10-2017 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1202831)
Yeah and then those albums didn't sell which I doubt put her in a good mood. What happened to Dave Stewart anyways? I saw someone point it out, what happened to him? She raved and raved about how working with him was the best thing that ever happened to her, best year of her life, she only wants to have him produce etc etc. He always tweeted updates on her and everything and now what happened?

If I remember well someone on this board that allegedly has access to Stevie's close info said a few months ago that Dave Stewart wasn't her producer anymore and she was in contact with someone else but I don't know if it's (still) true.
However I have to say that the other things they said then proved to be true.

dreamsunwind 03-10-2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1202839)
If I remember well someone on this board that allegedly has access to Stevie's close info said a few months ago that Dave Stewart wasn't her producer anymore and she was in contact with someone else but I don't know if it's (still) true.
However I have to say that the other things they said then proved to be true.

Hmm. Wonder what happened. They were like match made in heaven. Maybe she'd think things would sell better with a diff producer?

jkmaletic 03-10-2017 06:43 PM

I'm predicting Dave will work on her next solo release with her either later this year or early next.

Angel75 03-10-2017 06:44 PM

Quote:

I agree with you, I don't think she meant it as make tons of money for ME but for John and Mick ....who probably are in more need of it. I think her point is that why should we (as a group) waste time at our age making records when its a financially better solution and more fun to tour

jkmaletic 03-10-2017 06:59 PM

I'm predicting Dave will work on her next solo release with her either later this year or early next.

bwboy 03-10-2017 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinker12 (Post 1202780)

I took that comment to mean she's out of the loop with the band, since she's been focused on her tour since before September. But I can also see your interpretation that since Christine had 16 years away, she was confused why they couldn't give her 2 years to do her thing.

reebokandlace 03-10-2017 08:28 PM

I think her comment is odd about spending two weeks with her family during the holidays and "how it was was long and emotionally difficult"....wtf?

Her niece was three weeks away from giving birth to baby Roman, she should have been excited and thrilled like the rest of her family....I dont even know what to think about that comment.... perhaps it was "superhard" because Jess was getting all the attention from everyone?

:shrug: