The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Mick Fleetwood will be on The Today Show from Australia tomorrow (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58750)

stevierocks87 09-04-2019 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricohv (Post 1254000)
Every time I see a clip of Stevie singing GYPSY recently with all that weird hand jive & the "hey hey baby" I. JUST. CRINGE. :sorry: Uggh!

Same. Esp compared with the Dance version which is just sublime.

jbrownsjr 09-11-2019 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1254083)
Don't forget the key to the whole thing...firing Lindsey so someone could dance around their apartment for a decade.

My God these people are just awful.

Tell me LIES tell a lot of BIG LITTLE LIES>>>>>> TELL ME TELL ME LIES!

button-lip 09-11-2019 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1254067)
When have they ever been happy? They were all miserable during Rumours and Tusk. The studio and tours were Fight Club Extraordinaire, but no one even thought of kicking Lindsey out then because they had too much to lose if they did.

Peace and happiness, my foot.

They had too much money to lose if they fired him back in the 70s and 80s, that's for sure. Now that they don't want to get creative anymore, it was the perfect time to kick him out. :distress::distress:

As painfully as it is to admit it, I think they never truly cared for him. :distress::distress:

lovethemac1 09-11-2019 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1254164)
They had too much money to lose if they fired him back in the 70s and 80s, that's for sure. Now that they don't want to get creative anymore, it was the perfect time to kick him out. :distress::distress:

As painfully as it is to admit it, I think they never truly cared for him. :distress::distress:

Well, one of them for sure doesn't want to be creative, probably because she can't create anymore.
I think the others, given the chance would be happy to create, as we saw with BM.
And I agree with you, it is looking like they never truly cared about Lindsey, and I agree that this feels painful inside my gut.

jbrownsjr 09-11-2019 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovethemac1 (Post 1254166)
Well, one of them for sure doesn't want to be creative, probably because she can't create anymore.
I think the others, given the chance would be happy to create, as we saw with BM.
And I agree with you, it is looking like they never truly cared about Lindsey, and I agree that this feels painful inside my gut.

Maybe we're lost without a cost
Of stories that we've told

DeepBlueDee 10-24-2019 09:11 AM

Quote:

"For my conscience, that's a good thing to remember," Fleetwood laughed.
For his CONSCIENCE ??? :eek: :laugh:

Oh, my- if I were the interviewer I would have taken a LARGE step back after he said that, so that when the hole opened up in the ground and Mr. Fleetwood got sucked down it at the speed of light in his much-deserved handbasket :wavey:, the suction didn't take me with it. :lol:

What a shameless huckster. :distress:

David 10-25-2019 04:17 PM

When you watch the maturity and carefree creativity of the Buckingham McVie studio sessions, all you can do is to pretend that the whole band disappeared in the Bermuda Triangle soon after and that was that for Fleetwood Mac.

Jondalar 10-28-2019 12:41 AM

I can’t stand Mick Fleetwood. The dynamics of the band are screwed up. The least talented people control Fleetwood Mac.

jbrownsjr 10-28-2019 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1254718)
I can’t stand Mick Fleetwood. The dynamics of the band are screwed up. The least talented people control Fleetwood Mac.

Haha! $tevie and Mick :nod:

BLY 10-28-2019 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1254707)
When you watch the maturity and carefree creativity of the Buckingham McVie studio sessions, all you can do is to pretend that the whole band disappeared in the Bermuda Triangle soon after and that was that for Fleetwood Mac.

To this day I wish that album was released under the Fleetwood Mac banner. The making of the album behind the scenes with four of them was classic. They should have just said Stevie decided to sit this one out.

jbrownsjr 11-04-2019 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1254725)
To this day I wish that album was released under the Fleetwood Mac banner. The making of the album behind the scenes with four of them was classic. They should have just said Stevie decided to sit this one out.

Which is true! $he did decide to sit that one out.

bombaysaffires 11-04-2019 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1254725)

Her Royal Highness probably did her usual thing of threatening to bad-mouth the album in the press if they did. That's her go-to position. She seems to think she has a lot more influence in the media than she does; she doesn't understand how social media works and that people aren't sitting at home waiting to see what Rolling Stone or People magazine reports on what she thinks. Now, maybe these days if Beyonce bad-mouthed an album people would be all over it :eek: Not to say Stevie wouldn't get coverage-- the media LOVES a kerfuffle -- but she wouldn't have any impact on sales, because no one sells many albums now anyway. Her time as a major influencer has passed, but no one wants to tell her lest they get fired. She's at best a lovable voice from a past era, dare I say, a "legend". But no one but a certain demographic will care what she thinks about much of anything these days. Indeed, there's a whole movement now on social media to dump on Baby Boomers (of which I am not one) where an older person says something and the repsonse is, "OK Boomer" which translates to, "yeah whatever, you old fart who had everything handed to you and who understands nothing about today's world, thanks for your useless opinion"

Stevie could have threatened to bad-mouth the album and the answer could easily be, "OK, boomer" (if that had been a thing then)

David 11-04-2019 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1254773)
Indeed, there's a whole movement now on social media to dump on Baby Boomers (of which I am not one) where an older person says something and the response is, "OK Boomer" which translates to, "yeah whatever, you old fart who had everything handed to you and who understands nothing about today's world, thanks for your useless opinion"

(reaches for the eucalyptus and bergamot lotion to rub on my dry knuckles)

lovethemac1 11-05-2019 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1254776)
(reaches for the eucalyptus and bergamot lotion to rub on my dry knuckles)

Hahahaha :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

michelej1 11-06-2019 01:10 AM

I bet Stevie’s niece thinks “OK Boomer” all the time, but doesn’t say it.