The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   From the writer of "Shut Us Down" (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=24389)

wondergirl9847 12-06-2005 02:11 PM

From the writer of "Shut Us Down"

I think this may have been posted before, but I can't find it. This is from Cory Sipper's website.

It is now 2005 and I have spent the last several years becoming more involved with licensing my catalog of songs to motion pictures, television and other artists. Most recently my song Shut Us Down was performed by Lindsey Buckingham in the Cameron Crowe movie "Elizabethtown." It was also featured on the motion picture soundtrack AND will also appear on Lindsey's upcoming solo album (Spring 2006.)

shackin'up 12-06-2005 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
I think this may have been posted before, but I can't find it. This is from Cory Sipper's website.

It is now 2005 and I have spent the last several years becoming more involved with licensing my catalog of songs to motion pictures, television and other artists. Most recently my song Shut Us Down was performed by Lindsey Buckingham in the Cameron Crowe movie "Elizabethtown." It was also featured on the motion picture soundtrack AND will also appear on Lindsey's upcoming solo album (Spring 2006.)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

dontlookdown 12-06-2005 02:46 PM

- that's exciting news.
i hope it's an indication of how the album will sound.
it's so un-Fleetwood Mac and sooooooo Lindsey...

Lindsey Jr. 12-06-2005 02:57 PM

It is now 2005 and I have spent the last several years becoming more involved with licensing my catalog of songs to motion pictures, television and other artists. Most recently my song Shut Us Down was performed by Lindsey Buckingham in the Cameron Crowe movie "Elizabethtown." It was also featured on the motion picture soundtrack AND will also appear on Lindsey's upcoming solo album (Spring 2006.)[/QUOTE]

Ha! :nod:

dontlookdown 12-06-2005 03:02 PM

what's corey's website address?

Jyqm 12-06-2005 03:05 PM

Quote:

Well, I don't doubt that that's what Lindsey told Cory...

shackin'up 12-06-2005 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trackaghost
He's just teasing us. It's never gonna happen.
Never ever ever ever.....

yes it is.:xoxo:

Dark Angel 12-06-2005 06:00 PM

Oh please let this be this true! :blob2:

sodascouts 12-06-2005 06:04 PM

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but if this date really were cemented, wouldn't he have his OWN website post it?

dontlookdown 12-06-2005 06:33 PM

i'm willing to bet it will happen

i think Lindsey is done with FM for now.
i think he's ready to bust out some new tunes.
a new beginning
a new sound

catinthedark 12-06-2005 10:52 PM

Quote:

That is sweet. Do you know what date it was posted? Was it recent? That would influence my level of faith in it to be true.

wondergirl9847 12-06-2005 11:07 PM

Cory's website...

http://www.corysipper.com/news.html

Winter 2005

Cory's song Shut Us Down, performed by Lindsey Buckingham, is in Cameron Crowe's new major motion picture "Elizabethtown" (starring Orlando Bloom and Kristen Dunst.) Shut Us Down is also featured on the "Elizabethtown" soundtrack and was quoted by Rolling Stone as being "the standout track" on the album.

Shut Us Down will also appear on Lindsey Buckingham's upcoming solo record (Spring 2006.)

Cory has been concentrating on licensing her songs to motion pictures, television and other artists. You may have heard her songs in one of the following shows:The Division, One Tree Hill, Jack and Bobby, Ashlee Simpson Show or MTV Unplugged. You also may have recognized her voice on a recent Kay Jewelers commercial.

Happy Holidays to all!

ontheEdgeof17 12-06-2005 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodascouts
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but if this date really were cemented, wouldn't he have his OWN website post it?

Does the Nicksfix ring a bell?

"Official" websites are behind the times.

danax6 12-07-2005 02:29 AM

If this is true, I will eat a broom. :nod:

Lindsey Jr. 12-07-2005 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontlookdown
i'm willing to bet it will happen

i think Lindsey is done with FM for now.
i think he's ready to bust out some new tunes.
a new beginning
a new sound

I strongly believe that 2006 will be the year of Lindsey Buckingham AND Fleetwood Mac! Count me in for the bet :)