The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The new band! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58034)

justcrazylove 08-07-2018 08:25 PM

The new band!

Ok, time to shift focus and get excited about this upcoming tour, lets discuss the makeup of Lindseys' new band.

We know that Neale has stayed with the Mac, but Brett has stayed with Lindsey. Therefore Lindsey will need a second guitarist, thoughts? I think Lindsey will go with a complete unknown as this will keep the costs of the tour down, he might call Steve Ross but i have no idea if he would want to be a touring musician again, he will need someone who can cover as much ground as Neale did, which is a huge task.

We know that for the first time since the OOTC tour Linds will have a dedicated bass player with Frederico as opposed to Brett playing when a song called for a bass player.

I think Jimmy will be back behind the kit as he wraps his tour with Ben Harper on the 14th of September. It could possibly be Walfredo who has been Chicago's drummer for the last 4 years, as their tour wraps on the 23rd of September.

Thoughts?

elle 08-07-2018 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justcrazylove (Post 1233664)
Ok, time to shift focus and get excited about this upcoming tour, lets discuss the makeup of Lindseys' new band.

We know that Neale has stayed with the Mac, but Brett has stayed with Lindsey. Therefore Lindsey will need a second guitarist, thoughts? I think Lindsey will go with a complete unknown as this will keep the costs of the tour down, he might call Steve Ross but i have no idea if he would want to be a touring musician again, he will need someone who can cover as much ground as Neale did, which is a huge task.

We know that for the first time since the OOTC tour Linds will have a dedicated bass player with Frederico as opposed to Brett playing when a song called for a bass player.

I think Jimmy will be back behind the kit as he wraps his tour with Ben Harper on the 14th of September. It could possibly be Walfredo who has been Chicago's drummer for the last 4 years, as their tour wraps on the 23rd of September.

Thoughts?

yes on Federico and Brett. i also think Jimmy. i have long advocated for Janet Robin to replace Neale. she's a great guitarist and singer, was already in Lindsey's touring band with some of the current band members, plus it's time to break up the boys club in LB's solo bands! :thumbsup: i know she's already got her own tour dates lined up somewhere in Europe at about the same time frame, but maybe she can be convinced to change plans?

sasja 08-09-2018 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1233666)
yes on Federico and Brett. i also think Jimmy. i have long advocated for Janet Robin to replace Neale. she's a great guitarist and singer, was already in Lindsey's touring band with some of the current band members, plus it's time to break up the boys club in LB's solo bands! :thumbsup: i know she's already got her own tour dates lined up somewhere in Europe at about the same time frame, but maybe she can be convinced to change plans?

Janet has my vote!!!:blob2:

fleetwoodguy79 08-09-2018 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasja (Post 1233717)
Janet has my vote!!!:blob2:

I’m all for this! I enjoy her playing more and I think it’s a better fit with Lindsey.

Neale has always sounded like a very talented but generic guitar player to me. But that being said, probably needed with Lind’s unique style.

SteveMacD 08-09-2018 10:51 PM

I still don’t get why Fleetwood Mac would keep Neale, and why Neale wouldn’t go with Lindsey, aside from money, which makes him as complicit as Christine, according to people here.

dreamsunwind 08-10-2018 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1233788)
I still don’t get why Fleetwood Mac would keep Neale, and why Neale wouldn’t go with Lindsey, aside from money, which makes him as complicit as Christine, according to people here.

No it doesn't. He's a touring musician. He needs to tour to make income. I'm sure he's a great friend of Lindsey and his presence on so many of Lindsey's solo ventures shows that, but I'm sure that the real money has always come from FM. I doubt that tours like Lindsey's generate much profit, especially compared to FM.

elle 08-10-2018 07:20 AM

Quote:

seriously??????? you don't see the difference between a jobbing musician who needs to work to pay his day-to-day bills (and has serious health problems) vs independently wealthy rock star who never has to work a day in her life anymore, and hasn't had for decades?

also the arguments that Christine is Mick's and/or John's friend so owes them? well, doesn't friendship go both ways? if they are HER friends, shouldn't they also listen to her? so yes, people think she needed to weigh in with her dear friend Mick, same as he was with her. but oh wait Mick needs money! well, tough! Mick is a rock star and a co-producer of the biggest FM albums. you know, the ones the whole FM is co-producer of? Rumours? he should have tons on money coming in, if nothing co-producing money. he made millions on each Mac tour. i can't feel bad for Mick the same as i don't feel bad when people say that poor Rolling Stones always squander all their money and have to go to yet another tour.

and while i am at it, Mike Campbell? co-writer of some of the biggest money making songs ever? with Petty, with the Eagles and Nicks? yes, let's feel bad for poor Mike, he just needed a job. right?

BigAl84 08-10-2018 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1233794)
seriously??????? you don't see the difference between a jobbing musician who needs to work to pay his day-to-day bills (and has serious health problems) vs independently wealthy rock star who never has to work a day in her life anymore, and hasn't had for decades?

also the arguments that Christine is Mick's and/or John's friend so owes them? well, doesn't friendship go both ways? if they are HER friends, shouldn't they also listen to her? so yes, people think she needed to weigh in with her dear friend Mick, same as he was with her. but oh wait Mick needs money! well, tough! Mick is a rock star and a co-producer of the biggest FM albums. you know, the ones the whole FM is co-producer of? Rumours? he should have tons on money coming in, if nothing co-producing money. he made millions on each Mac tour. i can't feel bad for Mick the same as i don't feel bad when people say that poor Rolling Stones always squander all their money and have to go to yet another tour.

and while i am at it, Mike Campbell? co-writer of some of the biggest money making songs ever? with Petty, with the Eagles and Nicks? yes, let's feel bad for poor Mike, he just needed a job. right?

via GIPHY

GavinBrown 08-17-2018 10:16 AM

I know it will NEVER HAPPEN. But in my dreams I have always wanted Lindsey to team up for a solo tour with Nancy Wilson of Heart. IT WOULD BE AMAZZZZING! Now that Heart is on hiatus, maybe next year? haha

SteveMacD 08-18-2018 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1233794)

I get Neale has had his illness, but I don’t get why Fleetwood Mac needs him, now. And, I’m sure he’s been handsomely paid for his work. I’m glad he’ll be there, if that’s what all parties want. What rubs me the wrong way is how Brett is praised and Christine damned for their choices. They had their own reasons that are none of our business.

Quote:

also the arguments that Christine is Mick's and/or John's friend so owes them?
I never said she owes them, just that her loyalty will always be with them, and it’s unfair and unrealistic to expect otherwise. She has significantly more history with them, personally and professionally. The only tours she’s ever done without them are with Chicken Shack, her 1969 band, her 1984 band, and LBCM.

Quote:

When did I ever suggest that MC needed sympathy? I feel bad he lost his best friend on a human level, but he’s had a great run professionally.

button-lip 08-18-2018 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GavinBrown (Post 1234268)
I know it will NEVER HAPPEN. But in my dreams I have always wanted Lindsey to team up for a solo tour with Nancy Wilson of Heart. IT WOULD BE AMAZZZZING! Now that Heart is on hiatus, maybe next year? haha

Oh, that would make Stevie soooo happy! :laugh::laugh:

snroxman 08-18-2018 09:14 PM

I would LOVE for Lindsey to go out on tour with a full band. Totally love it. Go Lindsey!!

Re: Ann Wilson

That's a great idea!!

SteveMacD 08-18-2018 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snroxman (Post 1234368)
Re: Ann Wilson

That's a great idea!!

It wasn’t Ann, it was Nancy. I would rather see him with Nancy.

iamnotafraid 08-19-2018 01:04 AM

Quote:

I still don’t get why Fleetwood Mac would keep Neale,...

Maybe Lindsey needs a spy?

elle 08-19-2018 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 1234386)
Maybe Lindsey needs a spy?

you are confusing FM members. Lindsey is not the one who cares about spying.

button-lip 08-19-2018 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1234402)

Haha! I still remember those Stevie's spies at that Lindsey's fundraiser thing. Of course her fans still deny it. :D

sodascouts 08-19-2018 01:52 PM

I'm just glad it won't be another one man show. While Lindsey's brilliance shone, the format limited him nonetheless.

elle 08-19-2018 06:47 PM

Gerald just brought to my attention that Waddy W. and Brett played together last night in LA:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...29055233916001

what if Waddy is Neale's replacement in LB's solo touring band this fall?

PS i want Janet. unfortunately i don't see that happening.

sodascouts 08-19-2018 06:57 PM

That would really surprise me, but stranger things have happened.

iamnotafraid 08-19-2018 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1234402)

I wasn't exactly being serious. But, even with the fame
and fortune, he's just like us. Meaning he would most
likely be interested in what Neale had to say about her
and the tour.

WADDY... PLEASE NO!!!

Angel75 08-19-2018 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1234458)
what if Waddy is Neale's replacement in LB's solo touring band this fall?

PS i want Janet. unfortunately i don't see that happening.

OMG that would be incredible if he was asked by LB and said yes, Stevie would have kittens

elle 09-06-2018 10:06 PM

Lindsey's tweet on the topic today -

justcrazylove 09-07-2018 07:09 AM

So now it comes down simply to who replaces Neale?:shrug:

lovethemac1 09-07-2018 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justcrazylove (Post 1235875)
So now it comes down simply to who replaces Neale?:shrug:

I do really hope it would be Janet. She's awesome! But it would also be so sweet to see Stevie have kittens, and have Waddy along. How about both? Now that would ROCK!

justcrazylove 09-07-2018 07:58 AM

It's not Janet, she has just posted dates for a European tour in October. Waddy would be cool, but no chance. I honestly don't have a clue who he will use, it will be someone that one of the guys knows. Maybe someone from the Ben Harper tour that Jimmy is coming off?

David 09-09-2018 06:55 PM

So Jimmy Paxson is going to play drums? He has toured with Lindsey solo and Stevie solo in the past, yes? And he was the drummer way back for Sheryl Crow?

Who else toured with Buckingham McVie last year?

How about the Japanese guy who played percussion for Fleetwood Mac about 15 years ago? He was marvelous (well, as marvelous as a backup player can be, given that the spotlight isn't on him).

elle 09-09-2018 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1236237)
So Jimmy Paxson is going to play drums? He has toured with Lindsey solo and Stevie solo in the past, yes?

he has not toured with Lindsey solo before, no.
my understanding is he used to be Stevie's solo drummer.

Quote:

Who else toured with Buckingham McVie last year?

the lineup was Chris + Linds in the front, Brett Tuggle (keyboards), Federico Poi (bass), Jimmy Paxson (drums), Neale Heywood (guitar).

Quote:

How about the Japanese guy who played percussion for Fleetwood Mac about 15 years ago? He was marvelous (well, as marvelous as a backup player can be, given that the spotlight isn't on him).

Taku Hirano. he was percussionist on FM's SYW tour, and the first few legs of LB's UTS tour. he hasn't played with any FM members since, i believe.

Storms123 09-09-2018 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1236244)
he has not toured with Lindsey solo before, no.
my understanding is he used to be Stevie's solo drummer.

the lineup was Chris + Linds in the front, Brett Tuggle (keyboards), Federico Poi (bass), Jimmy Paxson (drums), Neale Heywood (guitar).

Taku Hirano. he was percussionist on FM's SYW tour, and the first few legs of LB's UTS tour. he hasn't played with any FM members since, i believe.

I think he was also part of the band during Musicares.

jeets2000 09-10-2018 12:05 PM

Jimmy has been touring with Ben Harper for the past few months, and they have dates booked through October, so I'm 99% sure he's not involved.

Street_Dreamer 09-10-2018 05:27 PM

He should poach Steve Ferrone then he'd have a Heartbreaker and a former member of Christine's band.

elle 09-10-2018 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1236250)
[/B]

I think he was also part of the band during Musicares.

i didn't know that about Taku, and nobody who was there conveyed that.i thought it was their regular backup touring band. do you have any pics where he's visible?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeets2000 (Post 1236271)
Jimmy has been touring with Ben Harper for the past few months, and they have dates booked through October, so I'm 99% sure he's not involved.

he is.

Storms123 09-10-2018 06:57 PM

[QUOTE=elle;1236292]i didn't know that about Taku, and nobody who was there conveyed that.i thought it was their regular backup touring band. do you have any pics where he's visible?

I saw pics/video on his IG page from the event--one specifically stands out where he tours the stage with all of the drum kits during rehearsal--and points to his own (as well as Mick's and a few others). I am not in a place where can check now--will do so when I get home.

elle 09-10-2018 07:02 PM

[QUOTE=Storms123;1236298]
Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1236292)
i didn't know that about Taku, and nobody who was there conveyed that.i thought it was their regular backup touring band. do you have any pics where he's visible?

I saw pics/video on his IG page from the event--one specifically stands out where he tours the stage with all of the drum kits during rehearsal--and points to his own (as well as Mick's and a few others). I am not in a place where can check now--will do so when I get home.

ah ok, right: he was part of the house band. but didn't perform with Fleetwood Mac.

View this post on Instagram

A serious whirlwind weekend, as you see from the bags under my eyes, but I made it and survived! Friday morning rehearsals (NYC); Friday night MusicCares show at Radio City Music Hall performing with Miley Cyrus, Lorde, Keith Urban, Alison Krauss, Juanes, Little Big Town and Brandi Carlisle; Saturday morning flight to San Diego/rehearsal; Saturday night "Roots of Rhythm" jazz series concert at San Diego Symphony Hall; Sunday morning drive to Anaheim for NAMM Show and all-day/evening endorsement meetings. About 8 hours of sleep total over 2-1/2 days, hence the daze. 😩💪 ☆ 🥁 ☆ www.TAKUpercussion.com #TakuHirano #percussionist @meinlpercussion #percussion #drummer #TryAndKeepUp #taku

A post shared by Taku Hirano 🐙🥁 ☯️ (@takuhirano) on

elle 09-10-2018 07:05 PM

wow didn't know Lindsey played Ryman on UTS tour - would have loved to see ANY show there, let alone LB!!

elle 09-10-2018 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1236298)

thanks again for bringing this up - a treasure trove of pics from Musicares plus others on his IG, really enjoyed looking through!

Storms123 09-10-2018 08:15 PM

[QUOTE=elle;1236299][QUOTE=Storms123;1236298]

ah ok, right: he was part of the house band. but didn't perform with Fleetwood Mac.

Yes apologies--I meant the House band, not FM

wilsonmac 09-11-2018 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1236292)

he is.

So Jimmy Paxson is confirmed? He was absolutely killer on the Buck/ Mcvie tour.

justcrazylove 09-11-2018 05:36 PM

Is Jimmy confirmed? Apart from Lindsey's tweet stating, "most" of the guys from the buck/vie tour. He finishes with Ben Harper mid-September, and rehearsals have started unless he will join halfway through?

BLY 09-16-2018 11:45 AM

I hope he adds a woman’s voice to his touring band. Someone that can add some rich harmonies.

bombaysaffires 09-16-2018 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justcrazylove (Post 1236343)
Is Jimmy confirmed? Apart from Lindsey's tweet stating, "most" of the guys from the buck/vie tour. He finishes with Ben Harper mid-September, and rehearsals have started unless he will join halfway through?

I could be snarky about the way Linds uses drums and drummers in his live shows and how much rehearsal is necessary for 'playing' along to recorded tracks, but.... (and that's NOT a dig at Jimmy, but rather at LB) :(