The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Unexpected FM (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=43162)

MissLadyLoki 09-02-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kokoro (Post 908525)
I was at my local Wegmans a few weeks ago and heard Dreams on the radio, which wasn't especially strange. But today at the same store I heard Say You Will playing! I've never heard that on the radio before. As an added bonus, I heard You Make Loving Fun on the bus yesterday.

Not related to that, but what is your siggy all about with being fresh?

Silver Springs 09-02-2010 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki (Post 908578)
Not related to that, but what is your siggy all about with being fresh?

Chris' nose is practically in his pit, honey.

I was in a cafe with my friends when the owner played a deranged remix album consisting of all the songs from the greatest hits. It was obviously of his own creation and, needless to say, wasn't that great :/

MissLadyLoki 09-02-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Springs (Post 908582)

I was in a cafe with my friends when the owner played a deranged remix album consisting of all the songs from the greatest hits. It was obviously of his own creation and, needless to say, wasn't that great :/

Oh snap, I didn't see that. I'm too busy with my mind in the gutter and seeing Chris get Tusked. See?

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/2194/set232copy.jpg

Oh yeah, and I believe Stevie was Photoshopped out of this pic, put against a grainy background, and told everyone it was a portrait (I guarantee you've seen it before). Anyways, as for my Unexpected FM, I heard Go Your Own Way on the radio at the precise moment I thought "Y'know, I need some FM" as I was stuck in this red light that takes forever.

kokoro 09-02-2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Springs (Post 908582)

And Chris' face suggests that it's not so fresh, no matter what Lindsey thinks.

Kena 09-03-2010 10:27 AM

I heard Say You Will while I was shopping at TJ Maxx last night. Needless to say, it (yes, the song) talked me into buying that layered green skirt I've been stalking. :]

Silver Springs 09-03-2010 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterCookie (Post 902230)
I just heard Gypsy through the wall from next door. Unexpected because they only ever play drum and bass at 1.30am.

This is more about the signature than anything. Never have I longed to be a Penguin more than I do now.

I heard Sara being blasted out of a car passing the house, which was strange considering I recognised the car and again, they're victims of drum and base and dire hippity hop.

Silver Springs 09-04-2010 06:14 PM

I heard The Chain playing in a man's car on an episode of Casualty (English medical drama). Made the whole episode :D

SortaSavageLike 09-04-2010 07:41 PM

I heard You Make Loving Fun while scrubbing the inside of a toilet in ShopRite's men's bathroom yesterday.

And people wonder why I'm worn out on Rumours.

vivfox 09-05-2010 10:42 PM

In McDonald's this morning I heard Got A Hold On Me which I haven't heard in approx. 20 years and then they played Whenever I Call You Friend.

HomerMcvie 09-06-2010 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 909011)
In McDonald's this morning I heard Got A Hold On Me which I haven't heard in approx. 20 years and then they played Whenever I Call You Friend.

I heard Got a Hold On Me, a couple of weeks ago, in a Goodwill store.

ButterCookie 09-08-2010 07:16 AM

Just watched "This is England '86" and was soo surprised to hear Man of the World at the end!

MissLadyLoki 09-08-2010 07:27 AM

I was in Stop and Shop (yes, it's a real supermarket, they just use the name for Family Guy) yesterday and, while this was Stevie solo, I heard Talk to Me.

chazlightyear 09-08-2010 02:02 PM

Was in the car doing the school run and Rhiannon came on radio 2 apparently requested by some 18 and 19 year olds working in a cafe,which cheered me up immensely followed by Blondie!

TerraRhiannon 10-28-2010 08:17 AM

The other day at my Grandmother's house YMLF came on the radio and I freaked out and tried to find the volume button on her ancient radio and I couldn't and I was flipping out and I finally found it, satisfied.

My Gram just looks at me and says, "Oh yeah, that's right, you like ...who are they? ..Fleetwood Mac? Are they still in business?"

I just looked at her.

ButterCookie 10-28-2010 08:27 AM

There's a little Charity Shop opposite my regular record store and the past 2 times I've been in, I've heard Sara and Say You Love Me :)

bluefox4000 10-28-2010 08:36 AM

At one of my school's talent shows......my friend surprised me by lip-syncing and playing air guitar to Tango in the Night. He was not really sinigng or playing but it was a blast:laugh:

Mick

MissLadyLoki 10-28-2010 09:09 AM

Over the summer, when I was in Florida and being driven to my hotel via towncar, the driver was listening to a rock station and Sara was on (I thought I recognized it by Mick's brushes beat, but the keyboatrds cinched it for me)

One day, as I was leaving school, I put on my preset for 103.9 WRCN (a Long Island classic rock station that's broadcasted from Riverhead and often gets mixed up with some variety station from the city around my area, but gets stronger as you go further out) and I got the variety station playing Adam Lambert. When I back up a bit, it went back to WRCN and, lo and behold, they were playing The Chain.

sjpdg 10-29-2010 01:24 AM

About 2 weeks ago, the TV show "Chuck" had a band doing a cover of "Second Hand News". I have no idea who the band was but it sounded pretty good.

elle 10-31-2010 01:20 PM

Second Hand News is played pretty regularly as a background at one point or another during MSNBC's Morning Joe. :cool:

elle 10-31-2010 01:22 PM

Heard Thrown Down played in Home Depot few weeks ago.

UndoingTheLaces 11-02-2010 01:59 AM

I was in Rite Aid today buying a sympathy card for my Godmother because of the passing of my Godfather and I had to stop because No Questions Asked came on. I know, a lot of people hate that song but I love it. And it was way too cheerful a song to be picking out a sympathy card to. But I was struck by how odd a song to put on a drug store mix CD. It was so random.

TerraRhiannon 11-04-2010 09:09 AM

My alarm is set to the radio.

Anyway, this morning I was awaken to the sound of Lindsey singing 'Go Your Own Way' in my ear. I was thrilled. It was the only morning I didn't hit snooze. I was like, "All right, talk about literally starting your day off on the RIGHT foot.":thumbsup:

bluefox4000 11-04-2010 09:25 AM

Heard come in Best Buy yesterday. I always get shocked when I hear that one anywhere. Because it just does not seem like like one for a store.

Mick

DefDumbandBlond 11-04-2010 10:01 AM

Forgot to post that last week while on vacation I went in the Macy's there and Say You Will came on their radio. Definitely didn't expect that. :D

vivfox 11-04-2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluefox4000 (Post 919034)
Heard Come in Best Buy yesterday.It just does not seem like one for a store.

Did all the customers run screaming from the building?

night-rider 11-05-2010 12:50 AM

Before I went to college, I had a paper route and I used to listen to the radio while delivering. The radio station I frequently listened to often played Gold Dust Woman and Sara, and I'd always freak out and crank the volume. At 4 in the morning. :)

As for recently, my roommate and I were walking at night, and an outdoor restaurant was playing Go Your Own Way. My ears perked up like a dog's and my roommate laughed at me. :P

MissLadyLoki 11-05-2010 08:38 AM

Last weekend, I was at a farmstand way out on the North Fork and the radio there played Go Your Own Way.

Kena 11-05-2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki (Post 919225)
Last weekend, I was at a farmstand way out on the North Fork and the radio there played Go Your Own Way.

Heard Tusk on XM Radio (what channel? heck if I know) on the way to work this morning. The song ended right as I was pulling into my parking spot. It made me happy.

MacShadowsBall 11-05-2010 10:46 AM

I hardly ever hear FM played anywhere down here in Tennessee. Its all country music 'round here! :mad:

MissLadyLoki 11-05-2010 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall (Post 919253)
I hardly ever hear FM played anywhere down here in Tennessee. Its all country music 'round here! :mad:

Do you have any rock stations down there? I know the ones up here (Long Island, New York City, Connecticut) play 'em all the time. If you want, you could listen online to these guys, who love the Mac: http://www.mainstreamnetwork.com/lis...ation=wrcn-fm&

EDIT: And give these guys a spin too. They like playing Stevie too: http://streaming.wplr.com/_players/c...allsign=WPLRFM

MacShadowsBall 11-05-2010 11:27 AM

There is 1 "classic rock" station Power 92.3 FM and I think 1 current rock station. Everything else is either country, gospel, or talk. I don't think we even have a "Top 40" station!:mad:

I'll check those links when I get home from work at 5.

MissLadyLoki 11-05-2010 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall (Post 919258)
There is 1 "classic rock" station Power 92.3 FM and I think 1 current rock station. Everything else is either country, gospel, or talk. I don't think we even have a "Top 40" station!:mad:

I'll check those links when I get home from work at 5.

That's odd you don't have a pop station. round here, it's 106.1 BLI and it's signal is so strong that, unless it's a car radio, all you're gonna hear is it. And on top of it all, it overplays songs to the point where, if a song is popular, you'll probably be hearing it once every hour. I kid you not.

MacShadowsBall 11-05-2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki (Post 919279)
That's odd you don't have a pop station. round here, it's 106.1 BLI and it's signal is so strong that, unless it's a car radio, all you're gonna hear is it. And on top of it all, it overplays songs to the point where, if a song is popular, you'll probably be hearing it once every hour. I kid you not.

The country stations here (104.1 and 106 point something) are the exact same way...except they bleed into each other. Haven't really checked out the radio stations recently for format changes. I forget we do have a rap station 95.7.

The place I eat at a lot keeps the radio on 104.1. So everyday I get to hear some song, I think its by Sugarland...something about "ain't no rhyme or reason...yada yada yada!! :mad:

Hopefully someday I'll run across an "unexpected FM song" :rolleyes:

AliceLover 11-05-2010 02:47 PM

I went out to dinner with a group of friends last night for a 21st birthday party. We were at a bar/restaurant. In the bar area, they were playing Rhiannon from the Live CD. It was so killer, I couldn't believe it.

elle 11-08-2010 08:52 PM

Don't Stop was used to fade out the segment on Morning Joe today (again)... seems they really like to use FM songs with mostly Lindsey singing on that show.

Silver Springs 11-10-2010 01:27 PM

Just now on the end credits of Come Dine With Me they played Don't Stop.

TerraRhiannon 11-13-2010 10:55 AM

This has probably been mentioned on here somewhere, but last night I was watching Grown Ups with some friends and Monday Morning starts playing during one of the scenes and I freaked out I was right happy. :D My friends didn't have much to say about that one. I talked about it for like an hour.

Sahara 11-13-2010 11:05 AM

I met up with the lovely GypsyNikita on Wednesday and heard Everywhere on the radio on the bus on my way home!

TerraRhiannon 11-14-2010 04:30 PM

Hold Me, bitches.

Hold Me was on my Sirius Satellite radio - Classic Rewind ♥

iamnotafraid 11-14-2010 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon (Post 921395)
Hold Me, bitches.

Hold Me was on my Sirius Satellite radio - Classic Rewind ♥

You have photographic proof!!!

Unexpected Fleetwood Mac...
On my own CD player yesterday:
SAY YOU WILL complete.

And there's no way that Goodbye Baby is
about Stevie's supposedly aborted children. People
listen to those lyrics. Good grief.