The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Wish we'd get some news... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58675)

sasja 05-05-2019 01:24 AM

Wish we'd get some news...

I just think about him and his family so often and wonder if he's recovering well and if he's getting stronger and just in general, how he is doing.

Just wishing for great updates and trying to remind myself no news is good news, most likely.

Hang in there, Buckinghams! :nod::nod::nod:

Macfan4life 05-05-2019 04:47 AM

I think of this every day too as I visit the Ledge. I would be afraid to ask and agree and hope that no news is good news.

sue 05-05-2019 07:51 AM

Same thoughts here, let’s just hope he is getting stronger everyday..
I wish they’d give just a short announcement.

michelej1 05-05-2019 09:57 PM

Kristen, can our guy talk or not?

cbBen 05-06-2019 12:45 AM

I respect his privacy without qualification as I pray for a full recovery. We love you, Lindsey.

HomerMcvie 05-06-2019 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbBen (Post 1252490)
I respect his privacy without qualification as I pray for a full recovery. We love you, Lindsey.

Still, they could throw us something. Maybe the lack of communication is because it's not good? Sure hope that's not the case.

Dragon 05-06-2019 09:57 AM

If Lindsey wanted to update the public on his health, he can do that if and when he should.

michelej1 05-06-2019 04:02 PM

Privacy is fine, but the vocal chord injury need not have been disclosed at all. I see it as gratuitous information when compared with the major open heart emergency surgery. Since it was disclosed unnecessarily, I have no problem asking for an update.

button-lip 05-07-2019 01:00 PM

Thanks for opening this thread. I'm also starting to get worried about the lack of news, and I certainly don't see it as a disrespectful thing or an invasion of his privacy. We're giving our opinions on a forum, nothing else.

What Stevie did was disrespectful. This is nothing. :nod:

bombaysaffires 05-07-2019 05:02 PM

Maybe even just a still photo of him giving a thumbs up or something? :thumbsup:

Holding a guitar....? :shrug:

Just him and Kristen?? And the dogs....? :lol:

No comments from them would even really be necessary on the photo.

They may be in the full throes of moving which is a PITA.

But people don't forget about him just because he's not on the front pages, so yeah, an occasional status update would be very sweet.

mylittledemon 05-07-2019 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1252518)
Thanks for opening this thread. I'm also starting to get worried about the lack of news, and I certainly don't see it as a disrespectful thing or an invasion of his privacy. We're giving our opinions on a forum, nothing else.

I sorta have a feeling he's not doing well. But I could be wrong... I hope that I am!

button-lip 05-07-2019 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylittledemon (Post 1252530)
I sorta have a feeling he's not doing well. But I could be wrong... I hope that I am!

Same, and yes, I hope we're all wrong.

Maybe he's physically healing but after his health scare he was probably forced to stop and face the events of last year. Not long after he was fired he went touring and he was planning on touring some more if it wasn't for his surgery. Now he has to rest and maybe his brain is going on and on about what went wrong with the band. :distress::distress:

But again, I hope I'm wrong.

HomerMcvie 05-08-2019 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1252533)
Same, and yes, I hope we're all wrong.

Maybe he's physically healing but after his health scare he was probably forced to stop and face the events of last year. Not long after he was fired he went touring and he was planning on touring some more if it wasn't for his surgery. Now he has to rest and maybe his brain is going on and on about what went wrong with the band. :distress::distress:

But again, I hope I'm wrong.

I certainly hope that we're all wrong. I'd hope that the "worst case scenario" is that his singing days are over, but that he'll have a great quality of life, other than performing. That's what's really important.

jmn3 05-08-2019 05:36 AM

I’m with all of you - I remain hopeful that he is doing alright and healing well. But, the lack of information or any news at all has me concerned that he’s not doing well.

Storms123 05-08-2019 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1252538)
I’m with all of you - I remain hopeful that he is doing alright and healing well. But, the lack of information or any news at all has me concerned that he’s not doing well.

I am thinking positively. He's always been private, so perhaps he's just healing on his own with his family. The cynic in me hopes he's waiting until the bands kicks off their EU tour to come out with an update, photo and news on his health and take their thunder :)

TrueFaith77 05-08-2019 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1252489)
Kristen, can our guy talk or not?

Well that is straight to the point.

good question

button-lip 05-08-2019 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1252539)
I am thinking positively. He's always been private, so perhaps he's just healing on his own with his family. The cynic in me hopes he's waiting until the bands kicks off their EU tour to come out with an update, photo and news on his health and take their thunder :)

Well, that's my other choice. I was thinking that too. And it would make sense. :nod:

Which means we will have to wait until November for an update.

lovethemac1 05-08-2019 09:23 AM

Maybe now that those idiots (John, Chris and Mick) are on a break, they will be sitting around and thinking about what they did, and it will start to weight on their minds and guilty conscience.....and other than Stevie, they might start to realize the magnitude of what they were party to. I'm hoping so. I'm hoping that it starts to eat them inside out.

Stevie won't care one bit about what she did. I'm sure she's attempting dancing (because I think she looks like an imbecile while she does her dumb dances) around her place, in her ridiculous/mausoleum wardrobe, looking like Miss Havisham.

I hope and pray that Lindsey and Kristen are enjoying their family, the sunshine, peace, relaxation, and a constant movement towards him getting better.

Storms123 05-08-2019 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1252542)
Well, that's my other choice. I was thinking that too. And it would make sense. :nod:

Which means we will have to wait until November for an update.

Europe kicks off in a few weeks

sodascouts 05-08-2019 01:05 PM

I'm praying for Lindsey and trying to keep positive but I kinda think if they had some good, reassuring news, they would share it with the fans.

That's what worries me.

button-lip 05-08-2019 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1252547)
Europe kicks off in a few weeks

I know that. But I don't think his intention is to "take their thunder". Like, seriously, as much as I love him, he can't go against the big machine.

I'm thinking he will wait until their tour ends. JMO.

michelej1 05-08-2019 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodascouts (Post 1252549)
I'm praying for Lindsey and trying to keep positive but I kinda think if they had some good, reassuring news, they would share it with the fans.

That's what worries me.

I am worried. Is there a word for hypochondria that is not directed at yourself but at another person? I am beginning to have unreasonable fears that have no basis in fact, every time I hear a news story about someone who had open heart surgery that went awry. If it happened to some rando person, I begin to think it probably happened to Lindsey too.

AliceLover 05-08-2019 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1252551)
I am worried. Is there a word for hypochondria that is not directed at yourself but at another person? I am beginning to have unreasonable fears that have no basis in fact, every time I hear a news story about someone who had open heart surgery that went awry. If it happened to some rando person, I begin to think it probably happened to Lindsey too.

I feel for their kids. The three of them are still so young. It must be tough to be dealing with high school/college and a father who is ill. My mother got cancer when I went away to school, its not easy to deal with and its really hard to wrap your brain around.

It would be nice if Kristin tweeted something about Lindsey's health. Maybe she's paranoid too?

I'm going to stick with my original statement. Stevie and Lindsey's chapter is not over. They might not hash things out right away, but there will be repentance of some kind.

michelej1 05-08-2019 07:49 PM

Yes, it must be hard, especially when your dad is so vibrant. Lindsey always joked about his age. He said he’d be using a drool cup by the time Stella graduated. But even though he’s an older dad, they never had to face his mortality until now.

Storms123 05-08-2019 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1252550)
I know that. But I don't think his intention is to "take their thunder". Like, seriously, as much as I love him, he can't go against the big machine.

I'm thinking he will wait until their tour ends. JMO.

I definitely don't think it's about going against the big machine. I just think people care about LB more than the Big Machine thought. And their behavior post his health news especially, has been reprehensible
Either way--I hope our guy is well, healing, embraced in the love of his family, and writing the soundtrack to the last 16 months (unlike the "creative geniuses" he left behind)

bombaysaffires 05-09-2019 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1252563)
I definitely don't think it's about going against the big machine. I just think people care about LB more than the Big Machine thought. And their behavior post his health news especially, has been reprehensible
Either way--I hope our guy is well, healing, embraced in the love of his family, and writing the soundtrack to the last 16 months (unlike the "creative geniuses" he left behind)

this would be great. :nod:

button-lip 05-09-2019 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AliceLover (Post 1252557)
I feel for their kids. The three of them are still so young. It must be tough to be dealing with high school/college and a father who is ill. My mother got cancer when I went away to school, its not easy to deal with and its really hard to wrap your brain around.

It would be nice if Kristin tweeted something about Lindsey's health. Maybe she's paranoid too?

I'm going to stick with my original statement. Stevie and Lindsey's chapter is not over. They might not hash things out right away, but there will be repentance of some kind.

I hope that poisonous chapter is truly over. She has done enough. Bye, bye, Stevie!! :wavey::wavey:

HomerMcvie 05-10-2019 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1252576)
I hope that poisonous chapter is truly over. She has done enough. Bye, bye, Stevie!! :wavey::wavey:

If a bus ran over her tomorrow morning, I'd have a hard time NOT dancing in the streets. Cuz $he's NASTY.

elle 05-10-2019 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1252563)

i hope you are right.

this is the first time since i started following LB that i feel like there may be nothing to look forward to in the future. it's not a good feeling.

jwd 05-10-2019 08:28 PM

Get well Lindsey.

To me, he's the spirit of FM that I still have with me. He's the last breath that I need to reignite that flame.

Storms123 05-10-2019 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1252581)
i hope you are right.

this is the first time since i started following LB that i feel like there may be nothing to look forward to in the future. it's not a good feeling.

I am hoping and praying he's healing and thriving with his family. But I completely understand what you are saying. I've been feeling similarly. I hope he is doing okay.

HomerMcvie 05-11-2019 02:05 AM

I just hope, more than anything, that if his performing days are over, that he has as many quality years with his family as possible. :angel:

secondhandchain 05-13-2019 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1252596)
I just hope, more than anything, that if his performing days are over, that he has as many quality years with his family as possible. :angel:

Let's hope. We will though get another album since he has one in the can. Doesn't need to tour.

ryan4136 05-13-2019 09:52 AM

The most encouraging thing we've seen is that the new album doesn't have a release date.

This leads me to believe he'd like to tour behind it at some point, and at this point at least he thinks that's a possibility. Even if it's a long term outlook.

elle 05-13-2019 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4136 (Post 1252628)
The most encouraging thing we've seen is that the new album doesn't have a release date.

This leads me to believe he'd like to tour behind it at some point, and at this point at least he thinks that's a possibility. Even if it's a long term outlook.

i like your optimistic view.

dreamsunwind 05-14-2019 08:50 PM

In this situation I would imagine that no news is good news. It's probably just a slow recovery.

sue 05-15-2019 11:29 AM

I wish they would post some news of Lindsey’s health.
I just read an article about Mick Jagger practising his dance moves.
This is just weeks after he had replacement valve surgery.

This is not as invasive as open heart surgery....
but nevertheless I just would like some news...

BigAl84 05-15-2019 12:18 PM

It's only been three months. That's not all that long. It seems like forever because we all really care so much.

I'm optimistic that everything is progressing just fine, it's just going to take time.

michelej1 05-15-2019 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1252659)
I wish they would post some news of Lindsey’s health.
I just read an article about Mick Jagger practising his dance moves.
This is just weeks after he had replacement valve surgery.

This is not as invasive as open heart surgery....
but nevertheless I just would like some news...

Yes, Mick Jagger released a video. 75 years old.

David 05-15-2019 03:15 PM

If he can't sing anymore, would anyone be up to hearing an instrumental album?