The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   The best "... like never before" (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=25283)

Villavic 02-03-2006 01:11 PM

The best "... like never before"

Christine used to end Songbird with "Thank you XXXXXXX.... like never before!"

What was the best/most beautiful Songbird ending you remember? I suggest this as a poll since we have famous endings in The Dance, Mirage Tour Video and Tango in the night tour video. I love a lot the Tango one when she thanks San Francisco.

But my fave of course is when I was at the only one concert I've ever been. NYC November 1997 (Tksgiving). Not only because I was there, but because when she thanks New York, her voice kinf of broke a little, like hiding a crying. It was very emotional.

jbrownsjr 02-03-2006 02:22 PM

Cleveland's Oh Daddy, (minus the beginning audio problem), and Songbird had a lump in my throat... it was like she was singing it for the last time...

It was beautiful.. 1997(nov) Gund Arena, now... Quicken Loans Arena Oh brother!!

Neal 02-03-2006 02:24 PM

I went with the Tango dvd...

"Thank you San Francisco, god bless you! Liiiiike never befoooore.... " :nod:

Brwn_eyes0511 02-03-2006 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
Cleveland's Oh Daddy, (minus the beginning audio problem), and Songbird had a lump in my throat... it was like she was singing it for the last time...

It was beautiful.. 1997(nov) Gund Arena, now... Quicken Loans Arena Oh brother!!

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

skcin 02-03-2006 02:36 PM

I voted for The Dance because it's the one I'm most familiar with. I saw them live here in 1997 & I have lots of faves from that era.

jbrownsjr 02-03-2006 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

awwwww :shrug:

Sahara 02-03-2006 02:53 PM

The Dance. Uber-sweet.

EDIT: Wow! First post ever on the Christine board! Woow!

Brwn_eyes0511 02-03-2006 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahara
The Dance. Uber-sweet.

EDIT: Wow! First post ever on the Christine board! Woow!

Welcome to Chris land! :wavey:

Brwn_eyes0511 02-03-2006 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
awwwww :shrug:

Meaning it was sweet cause it was her last tour, damn it! And I DIDNT GET TO SEE HER!

:( :( :( :(

Richard B 02-03-2006 03:21 PM

I voted for the Tango tour...since I was at both shows and it was just before Christmas...and she sang it so sweetly.

Plus anytime that song is sung in the Bay Area...I think of her recording the original version at Zellerbach Hall in Berkeley, CA.

Brwn_eyes0511 02-03-2006 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard B
I think of her recording the original version at Zellerbach Hall in Berkeley, CA.

Wouldn't you have loved to be there? ....sigh....

Richard B 02-03-2006 03:32 PM

Quote:

Wouldn't you have loved to be there? ....sigh....

It would have been nice to be there...although I was a wee little child. I would have also enjoyed hanging out at the Record Plant in Sausalito during those Rumours studio sessions.

Sahara 02-03-2006 04:14 PM

Quote:

Welcome to Chris land! :wavey:

Thanks! :thumbsup: It's a bit scary to be here to be perfectly honest.... ¬,¬

goldustsongbird 02-03-2006 04:56 PM

I like the one from her solo show. "Merry Christmas everybody, good night!"
And I can't remember what show it's from (might be one of her solo ones), where she goes "Drive home safely!"

:thumbsup: So cute. I love just about every performance of Songbird, to be honest. I have one from Chicago '80 that is just absolutely amazing. Not just the ending; the entire song is just spot-on, the acoustics in that venue were amazing. And as much as I like the Dance version, the one on the Rumours DVD is just.. wow.

Here's the Chicago one: http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...G0CZX00YFG8FIZ

Brwn_eyes0511 02-03-2006 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldustsongbird
And I can't remember what show it's from (might be one of her solo ones), where she goes "Drive home safely!"

[/url]

ARE YOU F*CKIN' KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I LOVE CHRISTINE! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marry Anne...do you have this!!?!?!?!?!?!? PLEASE POST!