The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   3rd show added for LA // The Forum (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58084)

dontlookdown 09-05-2018 07:46 PM

3rd show added for LA // The Forum

3rd show added for December 15, tickets on sale 9/14.

I guess the tour is selling better than we thought.

Hawkeye 09-05-2018 07:48 PM

Or Ellen’s people fu**ed up and gave away Waaaaay too many tickets?

jbrownsjr 09-05-2018 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkeye (Post 1235605)

Ellen Show bought.a lot of tickets. Gotta get people in them doors.

secondhandchain 09-06-2018 12:48 AM

I thought the LA shows weren't selling well?

Angel75 09-06-2018 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkeye (Post 1235605)

Yeah this is funny......ouch. The look on SNs face too when Ellen mentioned it, priceless.

lovethemac1 09-06-2018 06:15 AM

Gone are the days when tickets to their shows at the Forum, are snatched up immediately. Not still kicking around for a large, random group attending a talk show.

Macfan4life 09-06-2018 06:22 AM

Ellen gives away stuff to her audience every day. Its not unusual to give concert tickets. I don't think the few hundred tickets has anything to do with an extra night at the Forum. There is a alternate universe that some thought a Fleetwood Mac show with Stevie Nicks was not going to be successful. I have been tarred, feathered, slandered, whipped, and beat on these boards for mentioning otherwise. Sometimes the truth hurts but its still the truth ;)

ryan4136 09-06-2018 10:02 AM

The 2nd LA show looks to be about 85% sold. The 1st LA show however, has huge swaths empty. I'm surprised with the addition of a 3rd date. Half the lower bowl of the 1st show remains unsold.

secondhandchain 09-06-2018 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1235678)
Ellen gives away stuff to her audience every day. Its not unusual to give concert tickets. I don't think the few hundred tickets has anything to do with an extra night at the Forum. There is a alternate universe that some thought a Fleetwood Mac show with Stevie Nicks was not going to be successful. I have been tarred, feathered, slandered, whipped, and beat on these boards for mentioning otherwise. Sometimes the truth hurts but its still the truth ;)

Doesn't mean it's RIGHT! That looked liked a cover band excuse to load their pockets and nothing more. PLUS most people don't know about LB.

lovethemac1 09-06-2018 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1235702)
Doesn't mean it's RIGHT! That looked liked a cover band excuse to load their pockets and nothing more. PLUS most people don't know about LB.

I'm positive 3/4 of the audience doesn't know who any of the members are, except $tevie. They wouldn't know if $tevie was out there with the Glee cast, as jbrownsjr said in a post that made me :laugh::laugh::laugh:

elle 09-06-2018 09:55 PM

View this post on Instagram

A third show added at the LA Forum and the first show still looks 1/3rd empty. That's optimism for you, or perhaps just a contractual obligation. Whatever it is, it's certainly not due to non existent "overwhelming demand". As the tour continues to sell badly desperation is setting in. Fans in huge numbers disgusted with the shock firing of Lindsey Buckingham have moved on, quietly leaving Fleetwood Mac behind. A sad end to a once great band. @mickfleetwoodofficial @stevienicks @christinemcvieofficial @mikecampbellofficial @neilfinnofficial @suretonemusic @anthonymasoncbs @rollingstone @ultimateclassicrock @variety @tmz_tv @kbchrush @istandwithlindsey #fleetwoodmac #mickfleetwood #johnmcvie #christinemcvie #lindseybuckingham #istandwithlindsey

A post shared by @ seeds_we_sow on

dreamsunwind 09-07-2018 01:17 AM

3 seems like pushing it...I feel like it would've have been a better idea to just do 2 shows at the Staples Center? It's an hour away from the Forum but it would attract all the same audience. Or they could've just played the Rose Bowl and done one gigantic show for the area but I also seriously question whether they would've been able to fill the place.