The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Songs they will keep/drop/add (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57955)

secret love 06-07-2018 08:23 AM

Songs they will keep/drop/add

What songs will Fleetwood Mac keep or drop or add? And no, I didn't mean to post this in Post Rumours. If it's Fleetwood Mac without Christine, then it's Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey. And all who disagree can go cry in the corner.

Keep:
Christine - You Make Loving Fun, Say You Love Me, Everywhere, Little Lies, Don't Stop, World Turning
Stevie - Dreams, Gold Dust Woman, Gypsy, Landslide (with Mike), Silver Springs, Rhiannon

Drop:
Christine - Over My Head, Think About Me
Stevie - Sisters of the Moon, Sara

Add:
Christine - New song (could be a BuckVie song, maybe Red Sun or Carnival Begin), Get Like You Used To Be, Why, Just Crazy Love
Stevie - Stand Back, Crying in the Night, Stop Dragging My Heart Around, I Need to Know, Free Falling, new song (maybe My Mother's Rings)

annabellee 06-07-2018 10:48 AM

Stevie
Add: Angel, Everybody Finds Out, Paper Doll, Freedom
Do not add: Any solo or TP songs.

Christine
Add: Think About Me, Love In Store, Songbird, Isn't It Midnight, Save Me

That is all.

ryan4136 06-07-2018 11:11 AM

8,363,838th thread on this topic.

TrueFaith77 06-07-2018 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1230273)
What songs will Fleetwood Mac keep or drop or add? And no, I didn't mean to post this in Post Rumours. If it's Fleetwood Mac without Christine, then it's Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey. And all who disagree can go cry in the corner.

It's post-Rumours because the touring band has new (post-Rumours) members, just like when Lindsey left and Christine and Stevie were still in the band. Would you do a thread completely devoted to the touring setlist of the Behind the Mask crew in Rumours or Post-Rumours?

SYW Mac didn't have new members.

jmn3 06-07-2018 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1230287)
It's post-Rumours because the touring band has new (post-Rumours) members, just like when Lindsey left and Christine and Stevie were still in the band. Would you do a thread completely devoted to the touring setlist of the Behind the Mask crew in Rumours or Post-Rumours?

SYW Mac didn't have new members.

Why is this so hard for people? The 2003-2013 band didn’t add any members to replace Christine. The 2018+ band is a completely different lineup with official members added to the band in replacement of Lindsey.

The OP is really suggesting that there should just be a 1975+ forum no matter which of the five different lineups from that era are being discussed.

sodascouts 06-07-2018 12:33 PM

What they need to do is change the post-Rumours forum description. I agree that this is post-Rumours due to new members being added that are not of the Rumours era, but the other forum's description confuses people since it does not apply as stated there.

FuzzyPlum 06-07-2018 01:17 PM

This is not a discussion pertaining to the Rumours-era band.
Could mods please move this to one of the existing threads in Post-Rumours?
Many thanks :thumbsup:

Feather Blade 06-07-2018 02:27 PM

I believe Sister NightRoad said the moderators had a discussion and agreed that for the sake of simplicity items related to the new line up should stay here.

Netter75 06-07-2018 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annabellee (Post 1230283)
Stevie
Add: Angel, Everybody Finds Out, Paper Doll, Freedom
Do not add: Any solo or TP songs.

Christine
Add: Think About Me, Love In Store, Songbird, Isn't It Midnight, Save Me

That is all.

Kill Paper Doll and substitute for Thrown Down or Illume or something and I'll agree whole-heartedly.

Straight Back substituted for SotM would be interesting as well, but it'll never happen.

SteveMacD 06-08-2018 08:13 PM

Drop:
All of Lindsey’s songs except GYOW, and possibly SHN.
Stevie: All songs NOT Dreams, Landslide, Rhiannon, GDW, or Gypsy
Christine: All songs NOT SYLM, YMLF, Don’t Stop, Songbird, or Everywhere

Add:
Station Man
Oh Well
Rattlesnake Shake
Man of the World
Spare Me A Little Of Your Love
Hypnotized
DDIO
Something So Strong
Running Down A Dream
Stop Dragging My Heart Around

Including The Chain and World Turning, that’s 23-24 songs, which is about right, give or take.

SteveMacD 06-08-2018 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1230289)
Why is this so hard for people? The 2003-2013 band didn’t add any members to replace Christine. The 2018+ band is a completely different lineup with official members added to the band in replacement of Lindsey.

The OP is really suggesting that there should just be a 1975+ forum no matter which of the five different lineups from that era are being discussed.

Actually, there needs to be a new section: Post-Reunion

Post-Rumours is part of a linear timeframe that has nothing to do with current lineup, except maybe for the fact Mike Campbell co-wrote “Freedom.”

BombaySapphire3 06-09-2018 12:42 AM

No one mentioned "Don't Dream ..It's Over" which is sure to be performed .A fitting epitaph for a once great band.

SteveMacD 06-09-2018 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1230356)
No one mentioned "Don't Dream ..It's Over" which is sure to be performed .A fitting epitaph for a once great band.

I think Stevie confirmed they were doing it. How could they not? It’s arguably the best pop song of the 1980s. You don’t have THAT guy in the band and not do THAT song.

guillamene 06-09-2018 05:35 AM

Surely with news of the sad passing of Danny Kirwan, including Station Man in the set would be a lovely tribute to the man and this great song?

David 06-09-2018 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1230359)
I think Stevie confirmed they were doing it. How could they not? It’s arguably the best pop song of the 1980s.

Good Lord, Steve. NFW.

I mean, it's a nice ditty. We all sang along back in the day. I'm sure the band will play it.