The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I still want Stevie to get in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, so I posted a video. (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58211)

Jondalar 10-13-2018 08:08 PM

I still want Stevie to get in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, so I posted a video.

I'm really ticked at Stevie over her behavior in Fleetwood Mac but after years of fandom, I still want to see her make it in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a solo artist. I've watched and read many opinions as to why she should not get in, so I made this video to put my opinion out there. Very tired when I made this, so it's a little sloppy and I was sort of lying down. Let me know what you think.

vivfox 10-13-2018 08:26 PM

ALL THIS TIME I THOUGHT YOU WERE A FEMALE but you're really a man. Wow. I still want her to get in the R&R Hall of Fame also.

Jondalar 10-13-2018 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1240722)
ALL THIS TIME I THOUGHT YOU WERE A FEMALE but you're really a man. Wow. I still want her to get in the R&R Hall of Fame also.

You thought I was a female with a name of Jondalar??? LOL that made my day!

Jondalar 10-13-2018 08:41 PM

There is a mistake in my video. Anyone know how to edit a video on an iPhone.

Feather Blade 10-13-2018 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1240724)
You thought I was a female with a name of Jondalar??? LOL that made my day!

Ahh, hello there. Always interesting to put a face to the name.

mitzo 10-14-2018 01:28 AM

Nice to meet you Jondalar. We both seem to have similar tastes in Stevie, but unlike you her recent behavior has affected me not a whit. I am really happy to see you supporting her hall of fame bid like this.

secondhandchain 10-14-2018 01:51 AM

[QUOTE=Jondalar;1240721]I'm really ticked at Stevie over her behavior in Fleetwood Mac but after years of fandom, I still want to see her make it in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a solo artist. I've watched and read many opinions as to why she should not get in, so I made this video to put my opinion out there. Very tired when I made this, so it's a little sloppy and I was sort of lying down. Let me know what you think.

HEY that's you! Sorry but just like politically, I can't support you in this endeavor. She's really went from hero to below zero to me in two years. But I support your right to do what you think is right. Nice to meet you. BTW are you laying down shooting this video? Ha love it.

Jondalar 10-14-2018 08:09 AM

I’m either going to have to find a way to edit this video or take it down. I made s mistake in it that irks me.

Jondalar 10-14-2018 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1240738)
Nice to meet you Jondalar. We both seem to have similar tastes in Stevie, but unlike you her recent behavior has affected me not a whit. I am really happy to see you supporting her hall of fame bid like this.

Hi nice to meet you too.

Jondalar 10-14-2018 11:03 AM

I had to reedit the video, so I replaced the previouis one. That's why no views yet.

David 10-14-2018 11:08 AM

I support your support of Stevie for the hall of fame. With all the professional work she has done and still does, there's no good reason for her not to be inducted as a solo act. In fact, I'd say at this point that her solo work is a lot more varied than her Fleetwood Mac work. In the former, she's done soundtracks for movies, made her own film festival documentary, played hundreds of her own shows, recorded dozens of guest spots, supported a bunch of trendy rock-star causes, and generally left a sizable impression on the whole industry. Her own career is both successful and distinct from that of Fleetwood Mac.

Jondalar 10-14-2018 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1240765)
I support your support of Stevie for the hall of fame. With all the professional work she has done and still does, there's no good reason for her not to be inducted as a solo act. In fact, I'd say at this point that her solo work is a lot more varied than her Fleetwood Mac work. In the former, she's done soundtracks for movies, made her own film festival documentary, played hundreds of her own shows, recorded dozens of guest spots, supported a bunch of trendy rock-star causes, and generally left a sizable impression on the whole industry. Her own career is both successful and distinct from that of Fleetwood Mac.

This is true and something I forgot to put in the video is her solo work with Kenny Loggins and Dave Stewart, which culminated in three hits - Whenever I Call You Friend, Gold and Midnight Wind.

FuzzyPlum 10-14-2018 03:51 PM

So, that's who you are. Interesting to put a face to a name.
Good video Jondalar- you make some compelling cases.
FWIW, on merit I'd put Roxy Music first, followed by Radiohead, The Cure, Def Leppard and then Stevie.

Jondalar 10-14-2018 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1240788)
So, that's who you are. Interesting to put a face to a name.
Good video Jondalar- you make some compelling cases.
FWIW, on merit I'd put Roxy Music first, followed by Radiohead, The Cure, Def Leppard and then Stevie.

Thanks. I was lying down.

I think Def Leppard is a shoe in. There are many people campaigning for them. I don’t think Stevie is going to get in. There are too many motor mouths online who keep saying she is already in. Also, some other reasons.

If you want Stevie in, you have to campaign and fight for her. If she is the first woman in twice, it’s a huge deal. She will be remembered for that.

TheWildHeart67 10-14-2018 04:16 PM

Even though I'm really against what she did to Lindsey, I am not letting that take away my love for her music.
I hope she gets inducted into the Hall of Fame.