The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   A Mighty Wind (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=12036)

golddustchic 01-10-2004 01:17 PM

Best in Show was hilarious too!! Jennifer Coolidge was so funny as the collagen-lipped airhead:)

You have to see Waiting for Guffman. I think it's the funniest of the bunch. Parker Posey is particularly funny in this one as well as the rest of the cast of course. Definitely a keeper!

wondergirl9847 01-10-2004 03:12 PM

HA!

I just saw Best in Show on TV the other night...OMG, hilarious!! The two folks with the braces cracked me up!! Her going to get the bee toy and not finding one! :lol:

I need to see the other two!!

greatdarkwing 01-12-2004 01:13 AM

A Mighty Wind is amazing! I first saw Best in Show a year ago, and I could not stop laughing.....The best scene in "Wind" had to be that cult they are into...W.I.N.C...I think it is? And how the guy was locked in the basement with music....and they abused him with music...LMAO...

In "Best in Show" The best scene was Parker Posey looking for that bee...."Thats not a bee.....its a bear dressed as a bee!!!!"
:laugh: :laugh: And then she said something to the maid about her green card....I WAS ON THE FLOOR!

I have to see waiting for Guffman, but I will say this...Parker Posey is amazing, she is also funny in Scream 3, although the movie sucked donkey dicks. But she was funny making fun of Courtney Cox's character.

~Alex

Livia 01-12-2004 06:32 PM

Quote:

that woman from the Legally Blond movies ("Makes me want a hot dog REAL BAD") sitting with that moronic and plastic face (and a tiara in one scene)
"We have a lot in common...we both like...soup...and talking...and not talking..sometimes we can go for hours without talking."

I enjoyed A Mighty Wind, but prefer Waiting for Guffman and Best in Show. Best in Show is probably my fave.

GardenStateGirlie 01-12-2004 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Livia
"We have a lot in common...we both like...soup...and talking...and not talking..sometimes we can go for hours without talking."

I enjoyed A Mighty Wind, but prefer Waiting for Guffman and Best in Show. Best in Show is probably my fave.

"I'm just gonna wait right here until I get a message....from myself..." :laugh: I LOVE it :nod:

darklinensuit 01-12-2004 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Livia
Best in Show is probably my fave.

I saw it at the Alamo Drafthouse (downtown) & we were cracking up from that line.:)

- Jake

wondergirl9847 01-12-2004 07:31 PM

LMAO!!

Yeah, and what happened to that old man? She left him for the dog lady who Fred Willard thought was a dude. LMAO!!

StreetAngel86 05-05-2017 10:46 PM

never seen this movie, waiting for it in the mail.
but currently on a huge Schitt's Creek bender
had no idea when I first started watching Catherine & Eugene had such a history.
Then I read the summary of the movie and i thought hmmmm
sounds a LOT like what Buckingham Nicks was/could have been if they'd stayed a duo hmmmm just switch around drug probs fro mental illness etc ...

Stevie and Lindsey need to record a song for a movie and have it nominated for an oscar and perform it live at the ceremony ... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: