The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Favorite FM member, past or present (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57904)

FuzzyPlum 05-12-2018 08:25 AM

I have to vote for Christine despite the current situation. Not happy with her but I'm sure my feelings will soften.

wondergirl9847 05-12-2018 09:35 AM

Faves

Lindsey has always been first for me...still is. Danny Kirwan is my second fave now.

I love Stevie's music, but as a person, I cannot stand her. She frustrates and saddens me. :(

pattyfan 05-12-2018 09:43 AM

Obviously it's Neil Finn. He has such a deep history with the band and has written some of their biggest hits. But it's the deep cuts that you don't hear much on the radio, coupled with his stellar live shoes, that seal his place in the pantheon of Fleetwood Mac's historical legacy.

:)

Kevin

jmn3 05-12-2018 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 (Post 1227718)
Lindsey has always been first for me...still is. Danny Kirwan is my second fave now.

I love Stevie's music, but as a person, I cannot stand her. She frustrates and saddens me. :(

Exactly how I feel. Stevie's music, in particular within the context of Fleetwood Mac, is something I enjoy. Stevie as a person has become a bitter and miserable old woman who seemingly struggles to find happiness in her life and projects her miserableness on anyone around her who doesn't kiss her rear end. I can still jam out to live Rhiannon from the Tusk Deluxe album or respect that Silver Springs from The Dance is legendary.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattyfan (Post 1227719)
Obviously it's Neil Finn. He has such a deep history with the band and has written some of their biggest hits. But it's the deep cuts that you don't hear much on the radio, copied with his stellar live shoes, that seal his place in the pantheon of Fleetwood Mac's historical legacy.

Based on his Sirius XM ramblings, he's definitely a key member of the band. I've never heard someone ramble on so much about nothing. I know they're trying to sell him as part of the band but it's pretty heavy-handed nonsense :)

Neal 05-12-2018 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattyfan (Post 1227719)
Obviously it's Neil Finn. He has such a deep history with the band and has written some of their biggest hits. But it's the deep cuts that you don't hear much on the radio, copied with his stellar live shoes, that seal his place in the pantheon of Fleetwood Mac's historical legacy.

:)

Kevin

Light Sleeper is already a modern classic! :blob2:

Street_Dreamer 05-12-2018 01:24 PM

Billy followed closely by Lindsey.

jwd 05-12-2018 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1227601)
Of course Stevie will win the poll...blah blah blah. Isn't that the whole purpose of it?

No, it's not AT ALL the purpose of it. I didn't start the thread to see who would win the "popularity contest'". And who's to say that Stevie will win, if it even matters.

As I've indicated I wanted to get a feel of how the FM fan community is reacting to Lindsey no longer being in FM, the circumstances surrounding that, and how it was handled. And more so, how it has affected feelings towards the band members and their musical contributions.

Does one forego an artist's principle or character and simply appreciate and continue enjoying his or her music no matter what their behavior is?

Based on replies so far, I'm seeing a mixed reaction. Some will always love the music of the band and its' individual members, no matter what transpires in the politics of the band. Others, life long fans of certain members, have sworn them off for unforgivable actions. It's an interesting dynamic that's going on.

As for myself, I'm not even sure I have a favorite member. But I AM sure that I'm not going to burn everything FM related that I've come to love over the years.

jwd 05-16-2018 08:13 PM

Okay, so I just voted for Lindsey! :laugh: Excellent guitarist, singer songwriter who tried to take the Rumours 5 in the creative direction that most of us wanted them to take. So yeah, Lindsey gets my vote! :]

aleuzzi 05-17-2018 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1227571)
LOL, I did this poll on here YEARS ago.

John McVie won.

OMG--so funny. And so fitting.

If this poll was taken a week after Christine slapped Lindsey and threw a drink in his face, she'd have won.

Poor Jeremy, though. He rarely gets any love.

TrueFaith77 05-17-2018 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1228226)

If this poll was taken a week after Christine slapped Lindsey and threw a drink in his face, she'd have won.

Poor Jeremy, though. He rarely gets any love.

Jeremy became more interesting AFTER he left Fleetwood Mac

aleuzzi 05-17-2018 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1228227)
Jeremy became more interesting AFTER he left Fleetwood Mac

I agree, though his Kiln House stuff is so pleasing!

jwd 05-17-2018 08:39 PM

gldstwmn voted twice, for Stevie! That's some Stevie trickery if I've ever seen it.....

SteveMacD 05-17-2018 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1228226)

IIRC, I was only allowed to break tie votes by rules I set up, and Stevie and John were tied in the top three…

jwd 06-03-2018 12:04 AM

No love for Mick!? Is he the least loved member of the band? Oh, and currently looks like Lindsey has the most support from The Ledge community.

BombaySapphire3 06-03-2018 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1230049)
No love for Mick!? Is he the least loved member of the band?.

Is that a rhertorical question?