The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Kristen Buckingham statement (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57840)

Murrow 04-26-2018 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1224999)
So I am not the only one who noticed her gripping John’s arm and clutching Mike’s hand while speaking of how bittersweet it all is???

There was me thinking she was giving John moral support. He looked half asleep through the whole thing and didn't say a word. He never seems to do any music away from the group unlike Mick.

I would be interested to hear any of the facts KB has to offer...

AncientQueen 04-26-2018 05:57 PM

I think Kirsten perfectly summed it up with the last hashtag:
#whoareyoupeople

That's what I'm asking myself since the news broke. I know for decades that they are some hard money-grabbers, but this now is just so unbelievable respectless and transparent.
#Idon'tknowyoupeople

lennonfan 04-26-2018 05:58 PM

what a terrible thing to read.
I feel like Lindsey and the fans have been seriously dissed.
I don't even know what to say. I've loved that band for 45 years now.

button-lip 04-26-2018 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1224976)
Neale and Brett were probably already signed off so they couldn't do much. They've been loyal to Lindsey individually as well as FM for years so I can't imagine they'd go against him.

Neale will still play with FM. Brett won't. He politely declined.

bombaysaffires 04-26-2018 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1225038)
Neale will still play with FM. Brett won't. He politely declined.

Really? He appeared to be in the footage of them rehearsing with Mike and Neil that was shown during the CBS interview....

button-lip 04-26-2018 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1224974)
I checked out his daughters instagram to see if there was any info and decided to leave a message of support. I mentioned the video taken by a fan that proved LB was planning on touring. She asked me about it and it was posted and she was very thankful. BTW the Kristen #whoareyoupeople says it ALL.

That last hashtag.... wow, if anyone had any doubts, well, like you said, I think we can pretty conclude who were behind Lindsey's firing.

Right, we don't use that word. ;)

singertobe 04-26-2018 06:33 PM

Let's not forget that during the Rumours tour, Lindsey had a seizure and ALMOST DIED but they STILL made him perform that night! Some friends right?:mad:

sodascouts 04-26-2018 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by singertobe (Post 1225047)
Let's not forget that during the Rumours tour, Lindsey had a seizure and ALMOST DIED but they STILL made him perform that night! Some friends right?:mad:

Well, I haven't heard that one. I had heard that Lindsey toughed it out and played a show despite being in immense pain due to a spinal tap, which he had done after suffering from a seizure while on the Rumours tour.

Morgana 04-26-2018 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1225014)
I'll bet anything, that the minute Petty died, she had it in her sights, on how to replace Lindsey with MC.

Conniving old witch!:mad:

Touche' !!!! :xoxo:

Morgana 04-26-2018 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodascouts (Post 1225050)
Well, I haven't heard that one. I had heard that Lindsey toughed it out and played a show despite being in immense pain due to a spinal tap, which he had done after suffering from a seizure while on the Rumours tour.

Carol Ann Harris wrote about that in her book. According to her the band insisted that he play despite the seriousness.

dreamsunwind 04-26-2018 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgana (Post 1225054)
Carol Ann Harris wrote about that in her book. According to her the band insisted that he play despite the seriousness.

I remember that from her book. It was after his first seizure I believe? She really dragged the band for it. Obviously take her perspective with a grain of salt but she even said Richard Dashut started crying when he realized Mick and others cared more about what was going to happen with the show than about the fact that something could've been seriously wrong with Lindsey.

sodascouts 04-26-2018 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1225055)
I remember that from her book. It was after his first seizure I believe? She really dragged the band for it. Obviously take her perspective with a grain of salt but she even said Richard Dashut started crying when he realized Mick and others cared more about what was going to happen with the show than about the fact that something could've been seriously wrong with Lindsey.

Wow, can't believe I forgot that! True, I haven't read her book in over a decade, but you'd think I'd remember a story where Lindsey almost died!

bwboy 04-26-2018 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgana (Post 1225054)

Wow, any other time someone mentions her book, it's not to be believed.

If I'd had a seizure before or during a concert, I definitely would have chucked the concert. Sorry the band didn't insist Lindsey rest and recover, and sorry Lindsey didn't stick up for himself and say "no way!"

dreamsunwind 04-26-2018 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1225058)
Wow, any other time someone mentions her book, it's not to be believed.

Tbh I've always believed most of her book. I think she definitely had a slanted angle she was portraying/exaggerated some things but I do think most of the actual events she talked about happened.

SteveMacD 04-26-2018 07:21 PM

To be fair, didn’t Mick nearly go into a diabetic coma during a show and still manage to finish the show?