The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Coming to the end........ (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58137)

BLY 09-28-2018 10:18 PM

Coming to the end........

It’s hard to believe that we won’t be getting any new music from Christine or Stevie anytime soon or ever. I do believe Lindsey will release a couple new releases after his Anthology but I doubt we get any other “New music” from the ladies.I will treasure what I have and enjoy Lindseys new chapter.

elle 09-29-2018 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1237811)
It’s hard to believe that we won’t be getting any new music from Christine or Stevie anytime soon or ever. I do believe Lindsey will release a couple new releases after his Anthology but I doubt we get any other “New music” from the ladies.I will treasure what I have and enjoy Lindseys new chapter.

well, if Christine ever responds to Lindsey's calls, we can get another BuckVie. he says he wouldn't be surprised if that happens. the problem is that she's currently sequestered with this mac tour and she'll be 76 or 77 before she's free again.

Storms123 09-29-2018 12:53 PM

Didn’t Stevie say something along the lines of “new music” isn’t selling? This was a few years back. I might be wrong. Lindsey still clearly has the creative bug and it’s clear Christine does too...Lindsey seems open to working with Christine again. If they do, I hope he chooses NOT to employ Mick. Give Jimmy P a chance to shine! I do believe we will never see new music from FM...any iteration of it. I am also suspect this current tour will go beyond the current dates booked, so could get Chris and Lindsey in the studio by next summer...assuming fences have been mended

annabellee 09-29-2018 05:29 PM

Should we be starting some kind of death pool here? Perhaps in the order we think* they might go.

*not wish - settle down Homer & co.

HomerMcvie 09-29-2018 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annabellee (Post 1237835)
Should we be starting some kind of death pool here? Perhaps in the order we think* they might go.

*not wish - settle down Homer & co.

Oh, the old goat will probably be the la$t one to go....at.:wavey:

secondhandchain 09-29-2018 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1237842)
Oh, the old goat will probably be the la$t one to go....at.:wavey:

I mean of course, she looks SO young. And it's from not going in the sun since she was 30. NO plastic surgery! BWAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! Sure Jan! I heard she made a pact with the devil and she drinks goats blood. Baaaahhhhh!

SteveMacD 09-30-2018 12:34 AM

I suspect the demise of Fleetwood Mac has been greatly exaggerated.

HomerMcvie 09-30-2018 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1237849)
I suspect the demise of Fleetwood Mac has been greatly exaggerated.

Sadly, I'm almost waiting with bated breath, these days. :(

HomerMcvie 09-30-2018 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1237843)
I mean of course, she looks SO young. And it's from not going in the sun since she was 30. NO plastic surgery! BWAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! Sure Jan! I heard she made a pact with the devil and she drinks goats blood. Baaaahhhhh!

$he'$ a$ crazy a$ a $*** hou$e rat.

Dragon 09-30-2018 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1237830)
Didn’t Stevie say something along the lines of “new music” isn’t selling? This was a few years back. I might be wrong. Lindsey still clearly has the creative bug and it’s clear Christine does too...Lindsey seems open to working with Christine again. If they do, I hope he chooses NOT to employ Mick. Give Jimmy P a chance to shine! I do believe we will never see new music from FM...any iteration of it. I am also suspect this current tour will go beyond the current dates booked, so could get Chris and Lindsey in the studio by next summer...assuming fences have been mended

New music still sells. Audiences want to hear new music.

Fleetwood Mac has gone the way of the Eagles with constant greatest hits tours and no new music to perform. That is failure.

Dragon 09-30-2018 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1237811)

Lindsey should have at least a new album or a quantity of extended plays to release.

elle 09-30-2018 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon (Post 1237855)
Lindsey should have at least a new album or a quantity of extended plays to release.

he says he does:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&theater&ifg=1
IG Q: Any solo album in the works after Anthology?
LB: I do have an album in the works. Probably next year.

jwd 09-30-2018 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1237856)
he says he does:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&theater&ifg=1
IG Q: Any solo album in the works after Anthology?
LB: I do have an album in the works. Probably next year.

Which probably means more tour dates. :blob2:

BLY 10-18-2018 10:09 PM

So I’ve seen this fab 5 since the Rumours tour. This may be the last time I see any of them live again.......

Stevie Nicks.....In My Dreams Tour 2011

Fleetwood Mac .....2013 Promoting the EP

Buckingham/McVie....2017 The Fleetwood Mac album that should have been

Lindsey Buckingham...2018 Solo Anthology Tour

......if Buckingham releases his new album in 2019 I will be there

DownOnRodeo 10-18-2018 10:21 PM

Quote:

Didn’t Stevie say something along the lines of “new music” isn’t selling?
It's likely that she just means she just doesn't want to be in a studio with Lindsey. And we have the Destiny Rules documentary as evidence of how unhappy she looked in the studio with him.

In which case, Lindsey should just take a back seat for once and let another producer run the studio. He can write songs and play guitars and arrange her music and sing leads and backing vocals. That should be enough for him, without needing to produce and engineer as well.

Most of us probably want a Lindsey-produced album, but I just wish they'd explored this option at least once.