The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Wine and Mick Musings (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=40814)

michelej1 06-30-2009 11:15 AM

Wine and Mick Musings

I'd never thought of Mick having an ego. He always seems to be willing to help anyone out and to sit back and let others take the limelight. The main criticism we hear about him is his always needing/wanting money and making bad business decisions. Michele

JWS 06-30-2009 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 828591)
I'd never thought of Mick having an ego. He always seems to be willing to help anyone out and to sit back and let others take the limelight. The main criticism we hear about him is his always needing/wanting money and making bad business decisions. Michele

I wonder if his new wine label will work out. I never see it in stores and the website is out of date.

golddustdrummer 06-30-2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWS (Post 828608)
I wonder if his new wine label will work out. I never see it in stores and the website is out of date.

I will have to start looking for it in the stores now....I want some Mick Fleetwood wine! lol :nod:
anyone had some? good or bad?

David 06-30-2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golddustdrummer (Post 828625)
I will have to start looking for it in the stores now....I want some Mick Fleetwood wine! lol :nod:

Delicious! Aromatic & full-bodied, with a hint of cedar, chickory, hickory, & Crescent City Tsunami Of '64 dock. A fine bouquet of green sprigs, chips & salsa, & Paddle To The Sea birchbark. Perfect with tataki scallops, sesame noodles, & Porterhouse steak in the midwest manner.

JWS 06-30-2009 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golddustdrummer (Post 828625)

I have tasted the wine. Michelle of Bella Donna shared a bottle. She found it at Costco in Agoura but the store near me doesn't carry it (or ran out). The cab is very good, but over priced...like $50 a bottle. The on the website you could buy it online but that dosen't appear to be working.

mylittledemon 06-30-2009 08:27 PM

To me he doesnt seem egotistical either, rather that he...enjoys the finer things in life and likes to blow a lot of his money.

JWS 06-30-2009 08:45 PM

You can find Fleetwood's wine and new CD here. He was selling them at Froming's Steak house and at Laserium.

http://www.wine.com/V6/Mick-Fleetwoo...14/detail.aspx

golddustdrummer 06-30-2009 09:23 PM

woohoo! two bottles of wine and a CD for $29.99? yes please.

LukeA 06-30-2009 11:19 PM

I find it curious that someone who is an admitted alcoholic is commercially endorsing his taste and interest in wine.

I don't mean to repeat myself (from the Chris thread), but if he's a functioning alcoholic, good for him, I guess. There are many celebrities who once went through high profile alcohol legal problems/rehab that don't mind talking about their current usage now (Drew Barrymore comes to mind- Keifer Sutherland too).

Whatever Mick needs to do to keep him from filing bankruptcy for a third time, I'm for. Unless it involves Jonathan Todd.

Lala 06-30-2009 11:28 PM

golddustdrummer...I LOVE the picture in your signature. Where is it from?

louielouie2000 06-30-2009 11:55 PM

I think you answered your own rhetorical question, Michele. I seriously doubt Mick got into the wine bidness for his ego, but rather as a supplemental income venture. The man has ALWAYS had problems keeping ahead of his finances, and I'm sure being in his 60s with young children has pushed him to become a better provider. Also, since the Mac refuses to record or tour with any sort of regularity, he has to find other ventures to supplement his income to ensure those kiddies get to college.

Regina 07-01-2009 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeA (Post 828688)
I find it curious that someone who is an admitted alcoholic is commercially endorsing his taste and interest in wine.

I don't mean to repeat myself (from the Chris thread), but if he's a functioning alcoholic, good for him, I guess. There are many celebrities who once went through high profile alcohol legal problems/rehab that don't mind talking about their current usage now (Drew Barrymore comes to mind- Keifer Sutherland too).

Whatever Mick needs to do to keep him from filing bankruptcy for a third time, I'm for. Unless it involves Jonathan Todd.

I was thinking that exact thing (about the alcohol) after I read this yesterday.

But, whatever floats his boat, I guess.

I don't necessarily think Mick is an egomaniac, but I don't consider him as "genuine" as maybe he'd like us to believe. But, really, who is?

golddustdrummer 07-01-2009 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lala (Post 828692)
golddustdrummer...I LOVE the picture in your signature. Where is it from?

http://www.amazon.com/Fleetwood-Mac-.../dp/B000003OZZ

it is a tribute album with all sorts of 90's bands (Varnaline, Faster Tiger, 50 Bucks, Gourds, Home, Jumbo, Reservoir, Purple Ivy Shadows, The Lucky Strikes, Semisweet, Spitoon, and Those Bastard Souls) playing FM songs. Some are decent. Some suck.

I just thought the album cover was pretty hilarious lol

JWS 07-01-2009 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeA (Post 828688)

I've met Todd. You know him? Just asking. He's part of this new Laserium show that opened last week in Hollywood. Mick Fleetwood was there.

Lala 07-01-2009 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golddustdrummer (Post 828746)

I just thought the album cover was pretty hilarious lol

Agreed...very cool!