The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Rooms on Fire (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59147)

BLY 01-31-2021 10:22 AM

Rooms on Fire

I have always loved this song. I have often thought if it was a Lindsey produced Fleetwood Mac song with Christine and Lindsey on harmonies it would have made it even better.

UnwindedDreams 01-31-2021 12:15 PM

I don't think it would've been better. Stevie harmonizing with Stevie is the key.

And not Sharon. I hear Sharon in the 24 Karat Live album and I want to run! I really like Marilyn Martin's voice. She is angelic on If Anyone Falls and Moonlight.

I think Christine's voice on Soldier's Angel would make that song even more solid.

soul_drifter333 01-31-2021 01:49 PM

As much as I love most of Lindsey's production qualities, I really like what Rupert Hine did with OSOTM. The over-all production is great - lots of low end. Unfortunately, this was the start of Stevie's solo albums have some weak writing. I never cared for Alice and Two Kinds of Love even after she explained the meaning and performed them live. I grew to like Juliet. It's nice to have Stevie songs with different production with her solo career instead of some of the over production that Lindsey sometimes does and OSOTM is the last of her albums being consistently produced.

I remember being in a record store a week before the album was released and finding the import single with the 10 min version of ROF that I didn't even know was out yet. I was so excited. Still my favorite version.

jbrownsjr 01-31-2021 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 (Post 1263754)
As much as I love most of Lindsey's production qualities, I really like what Rupert Hine did with OSOTM. The over-all production is great - lots of low end. Unfortunately, this was the start of Stevie's solo albums have some weak writing. I never cared for Alice and Two Kinds of Love even after she explained the meaning and performed them live. I grew to like Juliet. It's nice to have Stevie songs with different production with her solo career instead of some of the over production that Lindsey sometimes does and OSOTM is the last of her albums being consistent produced.

I grew to love Alice. I became obsessed with it at one point. This album has great tunes, but fails to be consistent, in my opinion.

sleepless child 01-31-2021 02:15 PM

I became obsessed with Alice too. But this is probably my least favorite of all of Stevie's albums.

BLY 01-31-2021 02:24 PM

...again back on point I’m posting about ROF. I would have loved a Buckingham produced version of THIS song. I like the OSOTM version but it would have been so much better as a Fleetwood Mac song. 😎

jbrownsjr 01-31-2021 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1263759)
...again back on point I’m posting about ROF. I would have loved a Buckingham produced version of THIS song. I like the OSOTM version but it would have been so much better as a Fleetwood Mac song. ��

I would love to hear FMac's version of Alice!!

Just kidding, I like Rooms the way it is. The guitar is haunting in that song and the song itself punches along really nicely.
Having said that, I wouldn't turn away the chance to hear BuckVie version of it. It would probably be a gem with those voices. Just keep that guitar in there.

BLY 01-31-2021 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1263762)
I would love to hear FMac's version of Alice!!

Just kidding, I like Rooms the way it is. The guitar is haunting in that song and the song itself punches along really nicely.
Having said that, I wouldn't turn away the chance to hear BuckVie version of it. It would probably be a gem with those voices. Just keep that guitar in there.

LMAO jbrownsjr.....it drives me crazy when these posts get side tracked.

jbrownsjr 01-31-2021 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1263763)
LMAO jbrownsjr.....it drives me crazy when these posts get side tracked.

Let's ask SteveMac and Unwinded what their favorite TOSOTM song is. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

sue 01-31-2021 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1263764)
Let's ask SteveMac and Unwinded what their favorite TOSOTM song is. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

No no no...let’s not.

HomerMcvie 01-31-2021 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1263767)
No no no...let’s not.

How about them Yankees?!?!?:p:p:p

UnwindedDreams 01-31-2021 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1263764)

Ask me if this thread belongs in the Rumours forum:laugh:

jbrownsjr 01-31-2021 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1263771)
Ask me if this thread belongs in the Rumours forum:laugh:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

jbrownsjr 01-31-2021 05:45 PM

BLY is asking what Rooms on Fire would sound like with the FAB 5 and in particular, LB's production. I think it's fine here. I know you were joking Unwind... but in case anyone else was wondering.

UnwindedDreams 01-31-2021 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1263773)
BLY is asking what Rooms on Fire would sound like with the FAB 5 and in particular, LB's production. I think it's fine here. I know you were joking Unwind... but in case anyone else was wondering.

Thank G-d you got that!

The thread and location of this thread doesn't bother me.

The one thing I'd like to say, if BLY permits, if not I'll delete:

I'm not sure what a Lindsey production sound is anymore after what I've been reading round here lately. Is his production solely layering guitar sounds? Being sincere.