The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   solo album April 2018! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57686)

elle 01-15-2018 11:48 AM

solo album April 2018!

from our own button_lip:

seems legit to me - that's been a pattern with LB news - some radio dj or some promoter always leaks the info randomly, about a month before we get any real confirmation. Ana heard this info from the radio station she listens to in Argentina, and they confirmed it when she asked them on twitter.

FuzzyPlum 01-15-2018 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1219732)
from our own button_lip:

seems legit to me - that's been a pattern with LB news - some radio dj or some promoter always leaks the info randomly, about a month before we get any real confirmation. Ana heard this info from the radio station she listens to in Argentina, and they confirmed it when she asked them on twitter.

What sort of time-frames do you think he'll be looking at tour-wise? How long after their release did he tour for UTS, GOS and SWS and how long did they last?

elle 01-15-2018 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1219738)
What sort of time-frames do you think he'll be looking at tour-wise? How long after their release did he tour for UTS, GOS and SWS and how long did they last?

UTS and GOS he toured right when the album was released or a few days before. there's that recording from one of his first tour dates where he says something like "and the album..... [somebody yells tuesday!}..... is not out yet?! tuesday? yes right, will be out tuesday."

so i'm hoping he'll do apr-may tour.

unless he has some better ideas. as long as he tours this year solo, i'm good. :]:]

lbfan 01-15-2018 04:29 PM

Past CD Release Dates and Touring Starts

Elle is correct:
Under The Skin, CD Released October 3, 2006, Touring Start October 6, 2006 (88 dates through June 30, 2007)

Gift of Screws, CD Released September 16, 2008, Touring Start September 7, 2008 (28 dates through October 19, 2008)

Seeds We Sow, CD Released September 5, 2011, Touring Start September 10, 2011 (39 dates through November 14, 2011; Nine (9) dates cancelled in the UK due to Neale Heywood’s Back surgery)

button-lip 01-15-2018 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1219740)
unless he has some better ideas. as long as he tours this year solo, i'm good. :]:]

I have to confess I gave a sigh of relief after I heard the news today. I was afraid Mick and Stevie would force him to go on with the FM tour and postpone his own album/tour. :mad::mad:

Now I'm happy! :]:]

Fannymac 01-16-2018 02:04 AM

First it was January, then March, now April. I could understand delays like this if the album was partially completed, but the album was supposedly done last Summer, albeit for one additional track.
Yes, Lindsey takes his time, and, yes, he could have added some new material, but I won't be 100% comfortable about this happening until we have a title and street date. Both Atlantic and Azoff Management have been less than forthcoming with any info.

elle 01-16-2018 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fannymac (Post 1219752)
First it was January, then March, now April. I could understand delays like this if the album was partially completed, but the album was supposedly done last Summer, albeit for one additional track.
Yes, Lindsey takes his time, and, yes, he could have added some new material, but I won't be 100% comfortable about this happening until we have a title and street date. Both Atlantic and Azoff Management have been less than forthcoming with any info.

pretty sure album is completed. in recent times, it had nothing to do with Lindsey taking time or album not being done, but the record company or other issues related to actual release.

remember, Seeds were done at the end of 2010, he did live show and played 6 new songs in april 2011 and album came out in sept 2011. BuckVie was done at the end of 2016 and came out in jun 2017. so if this album was finished at the end of 2017, release in mar or apr fits the pattern (or is faster than the other too). jan and mar came straight from Lindsey's mouth, this is the first outside source. wasn't there some upcoming albums list people used to check where you can see what's expected to come out in the next few months? can somebody check that?

but i'm with you, i'll believe is when i see it! still, i was relieved to see this, i think it's a very positive indication!

ryan4136 01-16-2018 06:48 PM

I assume they want to announce the album and the tour together. So I’d guess in Feb we’ll hear about both.

elle 01-18-2018 08:35 PM

found by One of our members on http://pauseandplay.com/ on this page for "more upcoming releases" meaning after March 2018 http://www.pauseandplay.com/news/mor...ming-releases/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/8972...9176485530173/

Lindsey Buckingham -- title TBA -- Atlantic (2018)

Fannymac 01-19-2018 12:47 AM

I work very closely with Gerry and P&P....this is from a few months ago. Still trying to get more current info, but as I said earlier, neither Atlantic or Azoff Management have been very forthcoming.

sodascouts 01-19-2018 10:05 PM

I'm concerned about how little info there is, but I guess I should try to keep positive - this album WILL materialize sooner rather than later! I'll just keep saying that!

Still, he needs to announce his tour dates before Fleetwood Mac announces theirs. I have a concert budget to plan, and I need to see how many of his dates I'm going to be able to go to.

Fannymac 01-19-2018 11:34 PM

Right now, I would happy with just an album title!

vivfox 01-20-2018 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1219754)
wasn't there some upcoming albums list people used to check where you can see what's expected to come out in the next few months? can somebody check that?

ICE Magazine :thumbsup:

elle 02-03-2018 11:30 AM

just annoyed that we are not hearing anything about this new album yet... was hoping Sirius FM channel will start and we may get some new interview with LB where he'll give us some indication of his plans - since there were pics of Mick and Lindsey visiting Sirius while they were in NYC for Grammy week / MusiCares. but we didn't even get that channel launches as promised, let alone any info.

Fannymac 02-03-2018 11:36 PM

The fact that there was nothing tied into all the MusiCares press, which would have been the perfect springboard, doesn't bode well.