The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Crazy, Insane (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=24340)

aleuzzi 12-03-2005 07:24 PM

Crazy, Insane

I once read an interview from the early 80s (from a now-defunct mag called "Songwriter") in which Christine says a friend once pointed out to her that the words "crazy" and "insane" appear in a number of her songs.

Any thoughts? Anyone care to drudge up a list of soongs that actually DO feature these words (or ones similar to them)?

goldustsongbird 12-03-2005 10:05 PM

Crazy 'Bout You
Just Crazy Love

That's all that comes to mind, really. :shrug: I know there are more, but those two were the ones I thought of instantly.

BombaySapphire3 12-04-2005 02:47 AM

The word that constantly pops up in her songs that I have noticed is ME .Hold ME,Remember ME .Did you ever love ME. ,Say you love ME,Spare ME a little,Save ME.Believe ME,Got a hold on ME,Think about ME.I may have forgotten one or two .I guess she was certainly a product of the ME decade.It would appear Stevie isn't the only member of the band who has some narcisscistic qualities.:laugh:

macfan 57 12-04-2005 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi
I once read an interview from the early 80s (from a now-defunct mag called "Songwriter") in which Christine says a friend once pointed out to her that the words "crazy" and "insane" appear in a number of her songs.

Any thoughts? Anyone care to drudge up a list of soongs that actually DO feature these words (or ones similar to them)?

I have that magazine & I thought it was a little strange that she said that. The only 2 songs that come to mind with "crazy" in the lyrics are the two songs that goldustsongbird mentioned. I can't think of any of her songs with "insane" in the lyrics. "Insane" is more of a Lindsey word. Only Over You does have similar lyrics..."Out of my mind." Ask Anybody has "Drives me wild."

Gailh 12-04-2005 03:23 PM

I've always thought that a typical Christine song would be called Over Daddy

Over and Over, Over my Head, Oh Daddy, Sugar Daddy

You get my drift?

Gail

Jyqm 12-04-2005 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3
The word that constantly pops up in her songs that I have noticed is ME .Hold ME,Remember ME .Did you ever love ME. ,Say you love ME,Spare ME a little,Save ME.Believe ME,Got a hold on ME,Think about ME.I may have forgotten one or two

"Show Me A Smile" and "Never Make Me Cry"! "Prove Your Love" is almost there.

aleuzzi 12-05-2005 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan 57
I have that magazine & I thought it was a little strange that she said that. The only 2 songs that come to mind with "crazy" in the lyrics are the two songs that goldustsongbird mentioned. I can't think of any of her songs with "insane" in the lyrics. "Insane" is more of a Lindsey word. Only Over You does have similar lyrics..."Out of my mind." Ask Anybody has "Drives me wild."

The lyric to Remember Me has "crazy" in it, too. But, yeah, I don't recall hearing a lot of "crazy" in her songs. That's why I asked.

GypsySongbird 12-05-2005 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3
The word that constantly pops up in her songs that I have noticed is ME .Hold ME,Remember ME .Did you ever love ME. ,Say you love ME,Spare ME a little,Save ME.Believe ME,Got a hold on ME,Think about ME.I may have forgotten one or two .I guess she was certainly a product of the ME decade.It would appear Stevie isn't the only member of the band who has some narcisscistic qualities.:laugh:

:lol: :lol:

hmm...this is true, but fortunantly there are quite a few "you"s to balance it out - never make me cry, why, brown eyes etc.

good to know:D