The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Go Your Own Way: Fleetwood Mac 'looks forward' to court date (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58216)

ali101 10-15-2018 08:49 AM

Go Your Own Way: Fleetwood Mac 'looks forward' to court date

https://news.sky.com/story/go-your-o...-sues-11526474

Fleetwood Mac has said it "looks forward" to its day in court after being sued by a disgruntled band member.

Guitarist and songwriter Lindsey Buckingham claims he was told five days after the group appeared at Radio City Music Hall in January that the band would tour without him.

The tour began earlier this month and Buckingham was replaced by Mike Campbell and Neil Finn.

Buckingham says he is seeking his share of tour income - at least $12m (£9.1m) - because he still wants to perform and is able to.

Band spokesperson Kristen Foster said in a statement: "Fleetwood Mac looks forward to their day in court".

Jondalar 10-15-2018 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ali101 (Post 1240852)
https://news.sky.com/story/go-your-o...-sues-11526474

Fleetwood Mac has said it "looks forward" to its day in court after being sued by a disgruntled band member.

Guitarist and songwriter Lindsey Buckingham claims he was told five days after the group appeared at Radio City Music Hall in January that the band would tour without him.

The tour began earlier this month and Buckingham was replaced by Mike Campbell and Neil Finn.

Buckingham says he is seeking his share of tour income - at least $12m (£9.1m) - because he still wants to perform and is able to.

Band spokesperson Kristen Foster said in a statement: "Fleetwood Mac looks forward to their day in court".

It doesn’t matter. The band is forever ruined.

jbrownsjr 10-15-2018 09:15 AM

Damn your love and damn your lies!!

What a cruel twist to their legacy.

HomerMcvie 10-15-2018 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1240853)
It doesn’t matter. The band is forever ruined.

Yep. Ruined. Old Goat Breath tantrumed them to death.

ali101 10-15-2018 09:16 AM

I agree. It’s a sad end for the Rumours five as the dynamite finally detonated and what remains is truly a “heartless challenge “. A hugely sorry epitaph to a greatly talented band.

sue 10-15-2018 09:40 AM

The Fleetwood Mac version that most of us love, finally implodes...

What an ending for the Rumours five.
How sad, very very sad.
Bloody idiots each one of them.

jbrownsjr 10-15-2018 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1240862)
The Fleetwood Mac version that most of us love, finally implodes...

What an ending for the Rumours five.
How sad, very very sad.
Bloody idiots each one of them.

Agreed. The utter lack of humanity is staggering.

sasja 10-15-2018 10:18 AM

I was going to type all sorts of things, but no energy to waste my words on this.
FM down the crapper, really.
Time seemingly can just rot anything it touches.
Still very fervently hope Lindsey will get his justice though!
And the others, just what they deserve.
Where's the vomit emoji?

FuzzyPlum 10-15-2018 10:47 AM

I wouldn't normally wish ill on anyone. However, the dark side of me would be happy to see Mick going broke for the fourth time (or whatever it is).
That would be very 'circular'

jbrownsjr 10-15-2018 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1240870)
I wouldn't normally wish ill on anyone. However, the dark side of me would be happy to see Mick going broke for the fourth time (or whatever it is).
That would be very 'circular'

AND profound

lovethemac1 10-15-2018 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1240872)
AND profound

And organic, but we don’t want to use that word because it’s an ugly, ugly word.

The CBC radio news just carried the FM lawsuit “update to the breakup.” Wow, that’s big news, even in Canada. Still makes me angry, frustrated with them, and so very very sad. 😢 My band has gone poof and I’m pissed 🔥

jbrownsjr 10-15-2018 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovethemac1 (Post 1240873)
And organic, but we don’t want to use that word because it’s an ugly, ugly word.

The CBC radio news just carried the FM lawsuit “update to the breakup.” Wow, that’s big news, even in Canada. Still makes me angry, frustrated with them, and so very very sad. �� My band has gone poof and I’m pissed ��

Ugly, nasty, and greedy... Just like Mick, and the goat.

Buster 10-15-2018 11:20 AM

Just when I couldn’t be more disgusted with all of this, something worse happens. “Looks forward to” is a horrible way to respond. This band’s PR strategy is a disaster. Say something like, we are sad that this has reached this point, Lindsey is a valued component of our legacy, we hope to reach an amicable resolution, blah, blah.

Better yet - work something out behind the scenes and end this very public mess.

NotonRodeo 10-15-2018 11:35 AM

I am actually surprised this latest band kerfuffle seems more publicized now than it was in 1987. Back then it was a just a medium-length article in Rolling Stone announcing his departure, and I think a short interview with the band in one of the entertainment shows. Now it is everywhere.

NotonRodeo 10-15-2018 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster (Post 1240882)
Just when I couldn’t be more disgusted with all of this, something worse happens. “Looks forward to” is a horrible way to respond. This band’s PR strategy is a disaster. Say something like, we are sad that this has reached this point, Lindsey is a valued component of our legacy, we hope to reach an amicable resolution, blah, blah.

Better yet - work something out behind the scenes and end this very public mess.

But that would imply the band actually cared about its fans, what we want and what we think about them. It's clear by this time they don't give a hoot about us, except when we give them $$$.

DownOnRodeo 10-15-2018 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotonRodeo (Post 1240886)
I am actually surprised this latest band kerfuffle seems more publicized now than it was in 1987.

I'n not!

In 1987, the man voluntarily stepped down from the tour at the last minute.
In 2018, they got rid of him, didn't contact him, and now he's suing them. It's a completely different level of kerfuffle!

BombaySapphire3 10-15-2018 11:54 AM

Quote:

I am actually surprised this latest band kerfuffle seems more publicized now than it was in 1987. Back then it was a just a medium-length article in Rolling Stone announcing his departure, and I think a short interview with the band in one of the entertainment shows. Now it is everywhere.

Well then he left on his own accord .This time he was fired for rubbing an egomaniac the wrong way . It is too bad that he can't go back in time and accept the offer to join Fleetwood Mac and let Stevie continue her job as a waitress at Clementines.

Lola 10-15-2018 11:56 AM

Quote:

I've noticed this too. Out to dinner with my sister and her boyfriend last night and he starts talking about it! My neighbors across the street just came home from 2 weeks in Colorado. We've been getting their newspapers and keeping an eye on their house. They text me "We'll be home on Sunday. What do you think about Fleetwood Mac?" They know I'm a fan but I haven't communicated with them about anything other than their house. Over the weekend I did a google search to see what articles are out there---lots of news/current event sites covering it, not just music sites.

I've been pissed, frustrated, disgusted, outraged, disappointed like so many fans here but the predominant emotion is sadness. Always an underlying feeling of sadness.

sasja 10-15-2018 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1240894)
Well then he left on his own accord .This time he was fired for rubbing an egomaniac the wrong way . It is too bad that he can't go back in time and accept the offer to join Fleetwood Mac and let Stevie continue her job as a waitress at Clementines.

This. :thumbsup:
Awesome thought :xoxo:

sue 10-15-2018 12:22 PM

Quote:

I think the circumstances are very different, in 1987 he left..
(As did Christine, as did Stevie)..
In 2018 he has been shoved out of the back door, what were they thinking..
Folk wouldn’t mind that much ?
I think Mick must be broke again to have gone along with Stevie on this one...
Where are their morals for goodness sake.?

NotonRodeo 10-15-2018 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1240898)
I think the circumstances are very different, in 1987 he left..
(As did Christine, as did Stevie)..
In 2018 he has been shoved out of the back door, what were they thinking..
Folk wouldn’t mind that much ?
I think Mick must be broke again to have gone along with Stevie on this one...
Where are their morals for goodness sake.?

Unfortunately they have no morals. They really don't care about what we think about them as long as the money rolls in. They're probably snickering at us being upset at the break up of the band.

That's why I've decided to wash my hands off them. I still think that if Burnette didn't whinge on Twitter last April they would have sold tickets and NOT told us about Campbell and Finn until long after the presales had begun. That's Fakewood Mac for you. They don't care about us, so neither will I about them.

NotonRodeo 10-15-2018 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1240893)
I'n not!

In 2018, they got rid of him, didn't contact him, and now he's suing them. It's a completely different level of kerfuffle!

True, a lawsuit does generate additional kerfuffle :D

aleuzzi 10-15-2018 12:50 PM

Quote:

I'n not!

Yes, and additionally, Lindsey's departure was not much of a surprise by then. His press interviews for TANGO showed him to be essentially waving goodbye to the band. And the five-year gap between MIRAGE and TANGO left most people feeling Fleetwood Mac as they knew it was over. As popular as TANGO was, it felt and sounded like an impressive homage to the artistic heights of the past. No amount of synthesized gloss could disguise the inherently nostalgic feel of the project.

SAY YOU WILL looked forward--and in hearing it one would be forgiven for thinking other FM studio albums were forthcoming. But when LB bailed in 87, it all made sense. I, for one, was hardly surprised, though saddened by his absence and the bloated, washed-out sound of BEHIND THE MASK.

Jondalar 10-15-2018 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotonRodeo (Post 1240900)
Unfortunately they have no morals. They really don't care about what we think about them as long as the money rolls in. They're probably snickering at us being upset at the break up of the band.

That's why I've decided to wash my hands off them. I still think that if Burnette didn't whinge on Twitter last April they would have sold tickets and NOT told us about Campbell and Finn until long after the presales had begun. That's Fakewood Mac for you. They don't care about us, so neither will I about them.

They are known for their excess and debauchery. No surprise.

Storms123 10-15-2018 01:13 PM

Quote:

I'n not!

Social media as well keep it front and center on an almost daily basis. Back in ‘87, it was an article in Rolling Stone, and that’s probably it. Also, he was essentially railroaded by the band this time, so far more nasty from the outset makes for more press. Lastly, when you have other artists of a similar age essentially going out for their own “Farewell Tours”, and you’ve got this soap opera unraveling.......well drama, drama, drama

HomerMcvie 10-15-2018 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1240894)

OMG, if only that were possible.

Think about it......

What would have happened to her? Still a waitress? She probably would have had kids if not for FM.

WHAT would $he be doing right now at this moment? Watching Judge Judy?

secondhandchain 10-15-2018 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1240913)

Think about it......

What would have happened to her? Still a waitress? She probably would have had kids if not for FM.

With her penchant for illegal substances, my guess is she would have been a very pretty crack wh$re!

Street_Dreamer 10-15-2018 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotonRodeo (Post 1240900)
I still think that if Burnette didn't whinge on Twitter last April they would have sold tickets and NOT told us about Campbell and Finn until long after the presales had begun. That's Fakewood Mac for you. They don't care about us, so neither will I about them.

Thanks Billy!

FuzzyPlum 10-15-2018 04:03 PM

Quote:

Think about it......

Honestly?... I'm imagining a Roseanne-type of character.

jbrownsjr 10-15-2018 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1240953)
Honestly?... I'm imagining a Roseanne-type of character.

Someone I know that doesn't care about FMac said that same thing!

They said, "$tevie is the Rosanne of rock and roll"

Funny that people that don't really care for the music or don't have a fetish sort of think of her that way. :laugh:

MichaelaM 10-15-2018 04:33 PM

Quote:

Think about it......

Haha! out of her own mouth she said if she was not a rock and roll star she would be a teacher, a radio disc jockey, a hotel owner, and whatever the flavor of the moment is!!

Macfan4life 10-15-2018 04:42 PM

Everyone write this down
Remember my name
Flame me forever
Mark date and time

This case will settle for about 4-6 million to Mr. Buckingham.

jwd 10-15-2018 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1240954)

Funny that people that don't really care for the music or don't have a fetish sort of think of her that way. :laugh:

Only difference is FM didn't fire Stevie!

Macfan4life 10-15-2018 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1240954)

Stevie is the Joan Crawford of Rock N Roll

"Why cant you give me the respect that I'M ENTITLED TO!"

"Why cant you treat me like I would be treated by any stranger on the street"

Lindsey: BECAUSE I'M NOT ONE OF YOUR FANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring me the axe

I'm bigger, I'm better, and I will always beat you

0:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv8nK05xakw

jbrownsjr 10-15-2018 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1240968)

Bring me the axe

I love Joan Crawford and Faye Dunaway (for that matter) too much, to compare them to $tevie Nick$

But, I love that movie. Love Joan, too.

gldstwmn 10-15-2018 06:57 PM

Act 1: Here Comes the Big Machine
Act 2: Death By a Thousand Cuts
Act 3: TBD

AnthonyMI 10-15-2018 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1240968)

Bring me the axe

She may not use Ajax, but Stevie has nailed the aging, delusional, out of touch starlet part down pat.

Storms123 10-15-2018 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster (Post 1240882)

This coupled with the disgraceful press release when they announced he wasn't touring with them that completed disrespected his contributions to the band...it's like amateur hour in FM PR department.

secondhandchain 10-15-2018 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1240977)
Act 1: Here Comes the Big Machine
Act 2: Death By a Thousand Cuts
Act 3: TBD

19,000 posts! That's impressive...I think?

Steviegirl 10-15-2018 11:18 PM

I realize that Stevie has the right to do whatever she wants; however, I really miss the very humble and gracious Stevie of old. So many of her antics onstage lately seem canned, phoned in, and, IMHO really corny and embarrassing. I agree with others that everyone's disrespectful gestures during her speech were classless and unprofessional, but I just watched all their speeches again, and all the other band members were very gracious and appropriate for the occasion, but I thought Stevie's speech seemed rambling and self-indulgent. It's even sadder that Christine and Lindsey's speeches mentioned "family" and "love," with regard to the band, and Stevie just focused on herself in a very self-congratulatory way that seemed dismissive of the rest of the band. The few clips I've watched of the latest tour seem similar. STEVIE, not FM, is doing a tribute to Tom Petty, and the shows look like solo SN shows with FM as her touring band. I'm so sad that I'm not going to the shows and seeing the five fireflies. Stevie is just becoming an insufferable caricature of herself, and all the softness and humility from before is gone, and, with it, a lot of her appeal...at least for me. Here is a clip of all the members' speeches: https://tinyurl.com/y8me7e4m