The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Lindsey on Rockline (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=37069)

LB Freakazoid 08-21-2008 07:09 AM

Lindsey on Rockline

Posted on his website...
"Lindsey will be the featured guest on the nationally syndicated radio show ROCKLINE on Wed, Aug. 27 at 8:30pm PT / 11:30pm ET.
He will be discussing his new CD Gift of Screws. Fans are encouraged to call to speak with Lindsey at 1-800-344-ROCK (7625). For a station near you and for information regarding how to log onto the Internet for the broadcast go to rocklineradio.com!"

I for one would like to jam the lines with Real questions....

MacMan 08-21-2008 08:00 AM

NICE! Looking forward to it...

TrueFaith77 08-21-2008 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LB Freakazoid (Post 769182)
Posted on his website...
"Lindsey will be the featured guest on the nationally syndicated radio show ROCKLINE on Wed, Aug. 27 at 8:30pm PT / 11:30pm ET.
He will be discussing his new CD Gift of Screws. Fans are encouraged to call to speak with Lindsey at 1-800-344-ROCK (7625). For a station near you and for information regarding how to log onto the Internet for the broadcast go to rocklineradio.com!"

I for one would like to jam the lines with Real questions....

Hard to ask questions if we haven't heard the album yet. I look forward to hearing the questions everyone comes up with. . . neat that this is like the second interview on rockline this year right?

MacMan 08-21-2008 09:00 AM

Yep.. He was last on April 16th
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...light=rockline

BTFLCHLD 08-21-2008 09:27 AM

o yummy :]

Betsy 08-21-2008 10:26 AM

Thanks Freakazoid for the tip.

Macman, I am counting on you for an .mp3... ;)

TrueFaith77 08-21-2008 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betsy (Post 769193)
Thanks Freakazoid for the tip.

Macman, I am counting on you for an .mp3... ;)

sigh. that would be nice. :thumbsup:

gretchen 08-21-2008 11:12 AM

eeee!:woohoo:

estranged4life 08-21-2008 04:23 PM

Oh gee, here we go with hearing "Big Love" for the upteenth Quadrillion time...Time to retire that one dude.

iamnotafraid 08-21-2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LB Freakazoid (Post 769182)
Posted on his website...
[I]"Lindsey will be the featured guest on the nationally syndicated radio show ROCKLINE on Wed, Aug. 27 at 8:30pm PT / 11:30pm ET.

THANKS FOR THE INFO!!!

sywlindseyfan 08-21-2008 07:52 PM

I already have my question..........;)

iamnotafraid 08-27-2008 05:33 PM

Tonight's the night!

iamnotafraid 08-27-2008 06:06 PM

From the Rockline website:

We've learned much about Lindsey in his recent visits to our show. Most notably, he seems to be as happy as we have ever seen him and this can be directly traced to finding the love of his life, Kristen Messner. Since that meeting they have married and now have three children, a son and two daughters. Another huge reason for his contentment is that Buckingham has found himself and in doing so has found his music again with a confidence and resolve that is a pleasure to see. Lindsey has always displayed a certain restlessness on stage and in his songwriting. That energy will never disappear, but it now seems somehow more channeled and confident. Things have never been better for Lindsey and it shows. We'll let him tell the stories that surround "Gift Of Screws" and the fact that some of the songs have existed for awhile. Perhaps this is the beginning of a new, more prolific period in his music. Regardless, he is now giving us even more to enjoy.

Buckingham has grown into the person he was destined to be and we couldn't be happier to welcome him to our next Rockline!

DavidMn 08-27-2008 10:13 PM

I've got a radio station on right now and the shows gettign ready to air!:blob1:

justcrazylove 08-27-2008 10:29 PM

what station are you tuning into?

Johnny Stew 08-27-2008 10:35 PM

What's going on so far....

LB said he asked Fleetwood Mac to give him three years to see his plans through to completion.

Tired from rehearsing and doing radio interviews.

Same band as last tour.

Difference is last time was acoustic album they were supporting, this time they'll be much more rocking.

"Gift of Screws" titled inspired by Emily Dickinson poem -- "always looking for something to rip off" (said with a laugh), and hopefully it's in the public domain.

Title can be interpreted in a number of ways.

Gonna perform three songs live tonight.

This album runs the gamut, not as acoustic as before.

They're playing "Love Runs Deeper" now -- I'm liking it so far. The vocal melody reminds me of "Show You How."

Johnny Stew 08-27-2008 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justcrazylove (Post 769977)
what station are you tuning into?

I'm listening here: http://www.wtue.com/

Maccafan5000 08-27-2008 10:38 PM

Thanks for the quick update Johnny Stew, my computer was being slow.

Lovin this song!!

bucklind17 08-27-2008 10:38 PM

Whatever song this is playing now, I am LOVING IT. "Underground", I think? ROCKS!

fleetwoodguy79 08-27-2008 10:39 PM

"Love Runs Deeper" - This song is AMAZING... welcome back Lindsey!!! A true "new" classic!

justcrazylove 08-27-2008 10:39 PM

that guitar solo bloody rocked!

Johnny Stew 08-27-2008 10:40 PM

Gonna play short-clips from the album, to give the audience a little taste -- but not too much before the album comes out.

Played a bit of "Great Day." Also very cool -- nice & upbeat.

Maccafan5000 08-27-2008 10:40 PM

Love Runs Deeper: amazing and catchy
Great Day: Holy Crap that was awesome, I want more.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS ALBUM!

Johnny Stew 08-27-2008 10:42 PM

Should I keep going with the updates, or is everyone getting to listen now?

Johnny Stew 08-27-2008 10:43 PM

Dave from Minneapolis!!! :thumbsup:

SandyMac 08-27-2008 10:44 PM

Keep the updates coming please. It is getting late here and have to head off to bed. I am so happy for Lindsey. :blob2::blob1:

bucklind17 08-27-2008 10:44 PM

Hi DavidMN! Good for you! Thanks for not asking if Lindsey's knee hurts. ;)

DavidMn 08-27-2008 10:45 PM

i cant believe i was just on!!!:wavey:

Maccafan5000 08-27-2008 10:46 PM

Way to go David!!!

So glad you got through :)

Johnny Stew 08-27-2008 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyMac (Post 769994)
Keep the updates coming please. It is getting late here and have to head off to bed. I am so happy for Lindsey. :blob2::blob1:

Will do, Sandy!

Great question, Dave. :D

As we already know, the band has "tentatively" set January to rehearse -- but will spend some of that time getting reacquainted with each other.

Will probably tour only America... then hopefully head back into the studio for a release the next year (2010).

Again with the "Christine has burned her bridges" comment.

Said that he's been asked several times why not go into the studio first -- said that it will be a "proving ground" so they can talk and get a feel of what they want to do.

"A lot left to be explored in Fleetwood Mac."

"Great Day" is a favorite of Lindsey's from this album -- Will co-wrote it (was walking around singing the chorus, and LB liked it).

SuzeQuze 08-27-2008 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMn (Post 769967)
I've got a radio station on right now and the shows gettign ready to air!:blob1:

Dude, I totally just heard you on there. :lol: I freaking missed the question except I heard you thank him for being so kind to his fans.

bucklind17 08-27-2008 10:49 PM

Will is getting a co-writing credit on "Great Day". Love that. "He's gonna be trouble!"

sodascouts 08-27-2008 10:52 PM

Shoot, I missed the first half of this thanks to lame radio streams that, while listed on the Rockline site, nevertheless were not playing the show. Thanks for the link, JS!

I sure hope this thing is archived or someone makes an MP3, though, because I'd love to hear "Love Runs Deeper" and "Great Day."

Johnny Stew 08-27-2008 10:55 PM

Lindsey says he hasn't heard the recorded version of "GYOW" in a long time -- doesn't go back and listen to the studio versions very often.

Tim from Pittsburgh asked about what inspired "Monday Morning."
Lindsey says he has to shake the memory banks -- as with Rumours, the songs from Fleetwood Mac were a little autobiographical. By the time he and Stevie joined Fleetwood Mac, they were already growing apart (as were John and Chris). "MM" was about him feeling that there was this person who would be close one day and sort of play "hide & seek" the next, because the relationship was growing apart.

SuzeQuze 08-27-2008 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodascouts (Post 770002)
Shoot, I missed the first half of this thanks to lame radio streams that, while listed on the Rockline site, nevertheless were not playing the show. Thanks for the link, JS!

I sure hope this thing is archived or someone makes an MP3, though, because I'd love to hear "Love Runs Deeper" and "Great Day."

The Rockline site has a link that says it holds an archive of the prior two weeks' shows. So hopefully they will have it up.

sodascouts 08-27-2008 10:56 PM

Oh my gosh, Shuffle Riff! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MacMan 08-27-2008 10:56 PM

Quote:

They will have it up on the Rockline site in a few days to replay...

I'm on some weird station that I think skipped a section (David's question)... After the first loooong break, GYOW was playing WTF!

Johnny Stew 08-27-2008 10:56 PM

Quote:

Hi Nancy! :xoxo:

I should have tried to record it, but -- like a dummy -- I didn't think to. They archive their shows though, so it should be up in another day or two.

DavidMn 08-27-2008 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Stew (Post 770007)
Hi Nancy! :xoxo:

I should have tried to record it, but -- like a dummy -- I didn't think to. They archive their shows though, so it should be up in another day or two.

Did you think my question was pretty good?

SuzeQuze 08-27-2008 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Stew (Post 770003)
Lindsey says he hasn't heard the recorded version of "GYOW" in a long time -- doesn't go back and listen to the studio versions very often.

Tim from Pittsburgh asked about what inspired "Monday Morning."
Lindsey says he has to shake the memory banks -- as with Rumours, the songs from Fleetwood Mac were a little autobiographical. By the time he and Stevie joined Fleetwood Mac, they were already growing apart (as were John and Chris). "MM" was about him feeling that there was this person who would be close one day and sort of play "hide & seek" the next, because the relationship was growing apart.

Which was a great question and such an interesting answer. Because my perception of the song was that Lindsey sort of felt in and out of the relationship, not that he was watching the other be that way. Perhaps it was a little of both though.