The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Ledge Challenge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59173)

David 02-19-2021 04:19 PM

Ledge Challenge

Answer the question and pose your own challenge! Keep those challenges in good taste!

Who wrote the Sixties classic “Black Magic Woman”?
  1. John McVie?
  2. Peter Green?
  3. Bob Brunning?
  4. Imogene Coca?

UnwindedDreams 02-19-2021 04:30 PM

Who is Peter Green.

Name three instances where Fleetwood Mac publicly used the phrase "On With the Show":

sleepless child 02-20-2021 01:43 PM

Peter Green did.

Macfan4life 02-20-2021 03:26 PM

Answer question 1: Peter Green

Answer question 2: Lindsey uses that phrase on the Buck/Vie album in at least 1 song (incomplete answer I know)

My question: Stevie has used Don Henley and Joe Walsh for her solo songs. But there is a third Eagle that performs on one of her best songs. Name the Eagle member and the song.

SteveMacD 02-20-2021 03:38 PM

Miss Fantasy, the 2014-15 tour, and the LBCM song by that title.

UnwindedDreams 02-20-2021 03:45 PM

^Good job! I forgot the song isn't an FM song so I should've said two instances. Whoops

UnwindedDreams 02-20-2021 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1264765)
Answer question 1: Peter Green

Answer question 2: Lindsey uses that phrase on the Buck/Vie album in at least 1 song (incomplete answer I know)

My question: Stevie has used Don Henley and Joe Walsh for her solo songs. But there is a third Eagle that performs on one of her best songs. Name the Eagle member and the song.

Who is Don Felder and What is Nothing Ever Changes.

Name two Stevie songs from Say You Will with lyrics that are heard in another SN FM song and a solo song:

SteveMacD 02-20-2021 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1264768)
^Good job! I forgot the song isn't an FM song so I should've said two instances. Whoops

FWIW, I still consider it Fleetwood Mac.

I have a question I want to ask that has no way to verify it, but I swear to God it’s true:

Which Fleetwood Mac album was originally going to be called “Melon Balls.”

mitzo 02-20-2021 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1264769)
Who is Don Felder and What is Nothing Ever Changes.

Name two Stevie songs from Say You Will with lyrics that are heard in another SN FM song and a solo song:

Everybody Finds Out has the line "affairs of the heart," which is also the title and a line in a Stevie song song in FM Behind the Mask.

Destiny Rules has a line "maybe your arms are not supposed to go around me," which is similar to "you miss those arms that used to go around you" from the Stevie song No Questions Asked, in FM Greatest Hits.

Destiny Rules also has the line "when I see you again," which is also the title and a repeated line of a Stevie song in FM Tango in the Night.

Destiny rules and Illume on SYW contain an almost identical verse "I love the coastal cities..."

Cannot find a lyric which is also in a solo song... except maybe the reference in Goodbye Baby to a "tunnel to the sea" which is reminiscent of the "I run over the stones, down to the sea" in the title track of TISL.

UnwindedDreams 02-20-2021 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1264775)
Cannot find a lyric which is also in a solo song... except maybe the reference in Goodbye Baby to a "tunnel to the sea" which is reminiscent of the "I run over the stones, down to the sea" in the title track of TISL.

Excellent job!
You know the answer to the solo song. No doubt about it.

SteveMacD 02-21-2021 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1264765)

Don Felder.

Highwayman.

mitzo 02-21-2021 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1264776)
Excellent job!
You know the answer to the solo song. No doubt about it.

So I am correct or I still need to ponder?

SteveMacD 02-21-2021 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1264778)

The two aren’t mutually exclusive…

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-iHjbecVYj1...00/buddha2.jpg

UnwindedDreams 02-21-2021 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1264778)

You may still ponder the solo song if you want to... I should've said one SYW song lyrically connected to another FM song (Everybody Finds Out to Affairs of the Heart... excellent getting a bonus with DR and WISYA)

And one SYW song lyrically connected to a SN solo song.

Sorry for not writing it better

mitzo 02-23-2021 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1264784)
You may still ponder the solo song if you want to... I should've said one SYW song lyrically connected to another FM song (Everybody Finds Out to Affairs of the Heart... excellent getting a bonus with DR and WISYA)

And one SYW song lyrically connected to a SN solo song.

Sorry for not writing it better

In Goodbye Baby she has "the sands of time like shattering glass went past me like a tunnel to the sea."

The same lines end the song She Loves Him Still which is on 24 Karat Gold: Songs from the Vault.