The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   The Early Years (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Favorite Danny miscellaneous songs (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=45076)

MacShadowsBall 11-06-2010 06:33 PM

Favorite Danny miscellaneous songs

As promised here is the multiple choice battle for your favorite Danny miscellaneous songs.

Remember its multiple choice, but limit yourself to around 4 choices...:distress:

Poll closes in 4 days on Wednesday.

TrueFaith77 11-07-2010 08:56 AM

Trinity and Only You. :)

aleuzzi 11-07-2010 12:24 PM

Love all these songs, many of which are better than his contributions to Then Play On. Where's "When I See My Baby"?

bretonbanquet 11-07-2010 02:04 PM

^^

Knew there was one we'd missed - where were you when we were making suggestions for the list?! :laugh:

I voted for Dragonfly, Trinity, Loving Kind and Only You. How none of those made it on to a studio album, I'll never know.

aleuzzi 11-07-2010 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bretonbanquet (Post 919767)
^^

Knew there was one we'd missed - where were you when we were making suggestions for the list?! :laugh:

I voted for Dragonfly, Trinity, Loving Kind and Only You. How none of those made it on to a studio album, I'll never know.

Where was I? Mars, I imagine.

Trinity would have been the best track on Bare Trees, Dragonfly would have been a fine inclusion on Future Games, Only You a real rocker on Kiln House.

bretonbanquet 11-07-2010 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 919825)
Where was I? Mars, I imagine.

Trinity would have been the best track on Bare Trees, Dragonfly would have been a fine inclusion on Future Games, Only You a real rocker on Kiln House.

Totally agree :)

chiliD 11-08-2010 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 919825)
Only You a real rocker on Kiln House.

Well, had Peter Green stuck around, I would imagine that it would've been included on the follow-up to Then Play On.

They were off to a good start:
Sandy Mary
Green Manalishi
World In Harmony
Only You

aleuzzi 11-09-2010 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD (Post 919944)
Well, had Peter Green stuck around, I would imagine that it would've been included on the follow-up to Then Play On.

They were off to a good start:
Sandy Mary
Green Manalishi
World In Harmony
Only You

Was Only You a Green-Kirwan collaboration? I read this on the board a few weeks back but I thought it was a mistake. I always thought Kirwan was the sole writer for that song. Someone enlighten me.

chiliD 11-09-2010 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 920191)
Was Only You a Green-Kirwan collaboration? I read this on the board a few weeks back but I thought it was a mistake. I always thought Kirwan was the sole writer for that song. Someone enlighten me.

It was Kirwan's alone. But, his interest in the song kind of waned after Peter left. It was a frequently played song prior to Peter's departure, but after he left, the song just dropped off their set lists...didn't see light of day again until Danny's swan song album Hello There Big Boy.

Wouter Vuijk 11-09-2010 07:06 PM

Just HAD to vote for One Sided Love.
This song that I had recorded from TV (only audio, sadly) and lost years later, made me pick up re-interest in the the band. Long years of search for old bluesyears FM-material finally resulted in eventually joining The Ledge (had to flee from the FM-Newsgroup because of the bad blood over there, then someone told me about The Ledge). So, here I am. :wavey: One Sided Love it is

MacShadowsBall 11-10-2010 07:15 PM

Winner Update

With 11 votes, "Dragonfly" wins Favorite Danny Miscellaneous song.