The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Lindsey Mirage Tour robe (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=18845)

wondergirl9847 04-10-2005 10:56 PM

Lindsey Mirage Tour robe

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...506768799&rd=1

BWAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!! Okee.

Gwillaker 04-10-2005 11:02 PM

Cool! But I'm not paying $103.50 for it! :p

DownOnRodeo 04-12-2005 04:53 AM

Hahaha! Somebody on Ebay has gone insane.. like they always do. ;)

Gwillaker 04-12-2005 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo
Hahaha! Somebody on Ebay has gone insane.. like they always do. ;)

Yeah, me! I actually would buy it if I had the money in my pocket. I need to get a job! :o

sodascouts 04-12-2005 09:40 AM

Well, I did bid $20 for it. :o

dissention 04-12-2005 02:00 PM

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww. :laugh:

Highway Woman 04-12-2005 02:18 PM

He probably never even wore it. Assistant: "Your robe Mr. Buckingham." Lindsey: :eek:

shackin'up 04-12-2005 05:42 PM

that's one hell of a h*rny robe... :(

Nico 04-13-2005 03:22 PM

Question: what would you do with this particular item?

I've never purchased any previously-worn-celebtrity attire so I'm not familiar with the habit, but this robe is so supremely hideous, how could anyone bother to hang it in their own closet, let alone walk around in it? I can imagine that maybe it would be slightly cool to brag about it to people, like "Yeah, I got Lindsey Buckingham's bath robe that he wore on his naked body...yeah, what the hell do you have?"

But then you'd have to show it to them.

Anyway, whatever...it's at $133 now. :D Someone is going to take it home, so I don't want to be mean about it. Maybe I'm just secretly jealous or something, that my vanity is getting in the way of owning something so incredibly personal. Plus I'm cheap.

strandinthewind 04-13-2005 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico
Question: what would you do with this particular item? . . .

Search for a pubic hair to make a clone :eek:

wondergirl9847 04-13-2005 05:06 PM

EWWWWWW, Jason!

Grody.

I just recently won a yearbook with Lindsey (and Greg!!) in it, but I wouldn't bid on stuff like that. It's not my thang. I also was one of the few who did NOT want a sweaty Lindsey concert towel. LOL

WelshWitchPMD 04-13-2005 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
Grody.

I just recently won a yearbook with Lindsey (and Greg!!) in it, but I wouldn't bid on stuff like that. It's not my thang. I also was one of the few who did NOT want a sweaty Lindsey concert towel. LOL

Neither did I but he gave me one on my birthday last year. :laugh: It is still sitting in the bag that I put it in after the Madison show. It is somewhere in my room. :shrug:

shackin'up 04-13-2005 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
Neither did I but he gave me one on my birthday last year. :laugh: It is still sitting in the bag that I put it in after the Madison show. It is somewhere in my room. :shrug:

so follow your nose!!!

mondaymornin1 04-13-2005 11:06 PM

Ah, now it's up to $152.

How do they get these things to sell, anyway? The description says that they got it "first and fresh" from Lindsey himself. *shudder* First and fresh? :laugh:

I'm thinking somebody (one of his many past girlfriends perhaps) was cleaning out his closet and was like, "ok, this horrible thing has GOTTA go!

Red 04-14-2005 12:16 AM

Quote:

Yep, I'm one of the Lindsey towel recipients too, although I was happy to receive it. I have a cool shadow box with the towel, concert ticket, review from the local paper, photos and one of Stevie's mic stand roses. As gross as it is, I'm happy to have a little Lindsey DNA. :eek:

WelshWitchPMD 04-14-2005 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red
Yep, I'm one of the Lindsey towel recipients too, although I was happy to receive it. I have a cool shadow box with the towel, concert ticket, review from the local paper, photos and one of Stevie's mic stand roses. As gross as it is, I'm happy to have a little Lindsey DNA. :eek:

I never did get a Stevie rose after all of those shows. :lol:

amber 04-14-2005 01:44 AM

Quote:

I never did get a Stevie rose after all of those shows. :lol:

I got 2! one at each show! cause I'm a dork!

WelshWitchPMD 04-14-2005 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber
I got 2! one at each show! cause I'm a dork!

How did you get one? Maybe I will have to try at the one show that I go to on this tour. I don't know if she will have them in Vegas but I am sure that I still won't get one.

amber 04-14-2005 02:09 AM

Quote:

How did you get one? Maybe I will have to try at the one show that I go to on this tour. I don't know if she will have them in Vegas but I am sure that I still won't get one.

In Concord - before the show, I briefly spoke with Cory, told her I was enjoying her tour diary. She had stepped down to talk to a friend. Then I was standing around while they took things down, and she was dismantling the mic stand, and I softly yelled ( :laugh: ) "Cory!" and put up my hand - she threw it to me and I caught it.
The next night was similar, only it wasn't Cory, and I just had to wave my arm and look all excited. Throw, catch, etc. :shrug:

WelshWitchPMD 04-14-2005 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber
In Concord - before the show, I briefly spoke with Cory, told her I was enjoying her tour diary. She had stepped down to talk to a friend. Then I was standing around while they took things down, and she was dismantling the mic stand, and I softly yelled ( :laugh: ) "Cory!" and put up my hand - she threw it to me and I caught it.
The next night was similar, only it wasn't Cory, and I just had to wave my arm and look all excited. Throw, catch, etc. :shrug:

I wonder if Cory is going to be on tour with Stevie. Now that would be cool. Amber, I am too slow by the time I thought of it the roses were long gone. I am going to try at one of the Vegas shows but I am sure that someone will beat me. :rolleyes:

LINDSEY#1FAN 08-06-2005 01:49 PM

I am the sick individual that won it !!!

I have been a fan for about 25 years, (I'm 36), , I paid about $200.00 for it. I think it's cool,and yes,I do wear it ! I am the one that has the huge Lindsey displays at my house (drives my husband nuts). All of the Stevie fans collect all kinds of weird items, so I don't think there's anything that strange about my obsession with Lindsey!! I can't seem to get my pics of my Lindsey walls on here, so if you would like to see them, I will have to email them.

By the way, the robe smelled just like my towel that I have also from the Michigan 2004 concert - soooooo gooooood !!!!! - I know - I'm pretty sick !!!!!!!

Nico 08-06-2005 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LINDSEY#1FAN
I have been a fan for about 25 years, (I'm 36), , I paid about $200.00 for it. I think it's cool,and yes,I do wear it ! I am the one that has the huge Lindsey displays at my house (drives my husband nuts). All of the Stevie fans collect all kinds of weird items, so I don't think there's anything that strange about my obsession with Lindsey!! I can't seem to get my pics of my Lindsey walls on here, so if you would like to see them, I will have to email them.

Hmm...interesting. Was it clean? Did it look better in person? How big was it? I'm curious now that you are the individual who has the Lindsey-worn attire. You have a Lindsey display at your home, eh? What does it consist of? Please consider these questions of interest. I am in no way asking to poke fun at you. If you happen to have an avid, and somewhat obsessive, love of Lindsey what the hell is wrong with that? Not a crime against society, and at least you have good taste. :nod:

LEATHER&LACE64 08-06-2005 02:34 PM

Quote:

By the way, the robe smelled just like my towel that I have also from the Michigan 2004 concert - soooooo gooooood !!!!! - I know - I'm pretty sick !!!!!!!

that is so cool!! You will HAVE :blob2: to try and post some pictures so we may see how good it looks on you!!! You are not the only one with displays at your house--I have my huge Dance Banner and a portrait of Stevie on my living room wall. My computer room has become what my daughter calls a 'shrine to Stevie" and now the walls in the hall way have framed pics up and down it.I have yet to get something Stevie worn or owned but someday :nod:.... My daughter loves the framed Lindsey albums and I see now she has arranged them so she can see Lindsey first as we walk down the hall. By the way, I do not think anything is wrong with your obsession! :laugh:

David 08-06-2005 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodascouts
Well, I did bid $20 for it. :o

nancy!!! What if he stained it ... or wet it?!
:shocked:

David 08-06-2005 04:44 PM

Quote:

All of the Stevie fans collect all kinds of weird items, so I don't think there's anything that strange about my obsession with Lindsey!

No, I guess not. Do you obsessed guys like talking about their music, too? or just them?

LINDSEY#1FAN 08-08-2005 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico
Hmm...interesting. Was it clean? Did it look better in person? How big was it? I'm curious now that you are the individual who has the Lindsey-worn attire. You have a Lindsey display at your home, eh? What does it consist of? Please consider these questions of interest. I am in no way asking to poke fun at you. If you happen to have an avid, and somewhat obsessive, love of Lindsey what the hell is wrong with that? Not a crime against society, and at least you have good taste. :nod:

Well, it seemed to be clean - it smelled really good, so I don't know. My husband says that it's the ugliest robe he's ever seen ! Then again, he is soooo tired of hearing Lindsey Buckinghams name, his music, he is sick of it. I listen to Lindsey in the morning while I'm in the shower, listen to him while I cook dinner, work out, play on the computer - , etc., etc. pretty much ALL of the time !! well, I think it's a cool robe !!! The size, I don't have it with me, but it fits me okay. I usually wear a medium to a large.

My Lindsey display, well displays , one wall , in my bedroom, has about 12 different 8 x 10 photos, and another wall in my bedroom, has about 4 more 8 x 10's of him. Then I have on a wall right when you walk into my house, an autographed guitar - Fleetwood Mac, not just LB, surrounding the guitar is 6-8 more 8 x 10's, also in the display case with the guitar is the sweaty towel, ticket stubs, misc items. Oh, one of my prized possesions is a "doodle" that LB did in the 80's. That is soooo cool! In my downstairs area, I have a HUGE framed poster of Fleetwood Mac, and a framed autographed tour book, with pics of LB, of course. I have a lot more, but don't want to bore anyone, anyways, those are the biggest displays.

Oh, also, my brother gave me an autographed drum head that he received from my nephew for Fathers day one year, my nephew wasn't too happy that my brother gave it to me, I offered to buy it from him, but he wouldn't accept a dime. That is pretty cool also. I didn't know my own brother was a Mac fan!!

I can't seem to get my pics up here, says the files are too big!!

LINDSEY#1FAN 08-08-2005 10:09 AM

I'm trying to post pics, but it says the files are too big!!

LINDSEY#1FAN 08-08-2005 10:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I hope this works. I will try one pic.

LINDSEY#1FAN 08-08-2005 11:03 AM

4 Attachment(s)
It appears to have worked. Here's some more, and I'll post a pic of his drawing tomorrow.

The one pic is one of Patties - thanks for that one, he's soooo handsome in that pic !!!

ThePenguin 08-08-2005 11:38 AM

boy, seeing all that made my day. Very neat! Your house gives mine some serious competition. do people think you are odd when they come in LOL? I feel that way sometimes when people see my display! I've kept most of it in the basement, but my kitchen is a little obsessive w/ my three new huge collage displays hanging over the computer. :p

BTW where'd you get the drawing of LB/SN? Beautiful.

-Lis

LINDSEY#1FAN 08-08-2005 12:01 PM

Yes, most people that visit my home think it's a bit weird, but my husband has the whole living room just filled with NASCAR collectibles diecast cars, which I sell at my store, so that kind of overshadows my obsession. Anybody that comes to my house knows that I have been a Lindsey Buckingham fan since I was 12 years old, especially relatives, so they understand, my husbands friends think I am totally whacked in the head !! Oh well, they just don't understand.

When I was younger, I just didn't have the money to buy things that I wanted. Now I do, so I buy just about every LB thing I can find.

When Lindsey went on his solo tour in 1993, I couldn't make it to that as I was rehabilitating my son which had an "inoperable" brain tumor when he was 4 years old, and then had another removed when he was 6, he was 7 when LB was on tour. I didn't even know he did a tour until after the fact, my whole life was consumed with helping my son to relearn how to walk and talk again. Now my son is 18 years old and starting college this fall. He thinks I am a bit obsessive, but he kids with me ALL of the time, I'll be walking down the hallway, and my son will say something like "it's not that funny " is it Mom !! he is quite the jokester, I guess you'd have to be after everything he's been through.

Anyways, if LB does tour this fall or next year - I will be at several of his shows, regardless of where they are !!

The LB/Stevie drawing I had bought from a website - If you are a Stevie fan, you have to get some of these drawings, they are beautiful !! Here is the website

http://www.johannas-art.com/info.htm

WelshWitchPMD 08-08-2005 12:03 PM

Quote:

It appears to have worked. Here's some more, and I'll post a pic of his drawing tomorrow.

The one pic is one of Patties - thanks for that one, he's soooo handsome in that pic !!!

I am glad that you like it! Your Lindsey displays look very nice! I wish that I could be so organized but I am not. I have a few of the 4x6s on my fridge and that it is. I also have some very old Mac and Stevie posters in my room.
I have 2 4x6 Lindsey pics on the wall of my cubicle at work,too. They know that I am weird at work. :laugh:

LINDSEY#1FAN 08-08-2005 06:34 PM

took a few more of my LB "shrine" in my house

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a few more pics -
The 1st pic is the one that LB drew, and the 2nd is a pic LB drawing that my 16 year old daughter made for me - Lindsey as an anime character (she's really into that)

The 3rd is one that I drew (I know that I'm not an artist, but I tried) -it's supposed to be him with his eyes shut during the Mirage tour - the sexy look !!!

The last 2 pics didn't turn out real good with the camera, they are a lot better than what they show up like !!

Janet 08-11-2005 02:25 AM

Quote:

WOW, quite a collection!

tuigirl 08-11-2005 03:03 AM

geeez.......that S&L drawing jigsaw (on that website) took me aaaagggggeees!!!!
Your walls Lindsey#1 fan look amazing and full!! Please tell me the guitar picks underneath the guitar weren't bought as "LB used" :)

LINDSEY#1FAN 08-11-2005 07:59 AM

Your walls Lindsey#1 fan look amazing and full!! Please tell me the guitar picks underneath the guitar weren't bought as "LB used" :)[/QUOTE]

They are just collectible FM pics, a lot with LB on them, of course. Did you check out the drawing that LB did that I have - that goes back to 1992, I bought that off of a guy that works for LB - I told him how I just loved Lindsey, and he told me that he had this drawing, so naturally my next question was "how much"? He didn't charge me an arm and a leg either. I emailed him my collection and he said that "we love fans like you."

mondaymornin1 08-11-2005 09:52 AM

Quote:

I have been a fan for about 25 years, (I'm 36),

:thumbsup: Me too! Wow, I thought I was the only crazy one! :]

Your displays are very cool! Maybe someday I'll be able to spend some money and get my own collection started. Right now the only genuine thing I have is my autographed copy of Tusk. Looks sorta lonely sitting on my dresser all alone!

LINDSEY#1FAN 08-11-2005 08:26 PM

Quote:

Your walls Lindsey#1 fan look amazing and full!! Please tell me the guitar picks underneath the guitar weren't bought as "LB used" :)

They are just collectible FM pics, a lot with LB on them, of course. Did you check out the drawing that LB did that I have - that goes back to 1992, I bought that off of a guy that works for LB - I told him how I just loved Lindsey, and he told me that he had this drawing, so naturally my next question was "how much"? He didn't charge me an arm and a leg either. I emailed him my collection and he said that "we love fans like you."[/QUOTE]