The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fleetwood Mac Tour Survivor ('75-'05) Rounds 5-7 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=21776)

skcin 08-18-2005 11:31 AM

The Dance

I love the other tours more. :shrug:

jbrownsjr 08-18-2005 11:46 AM

The Dance

Welcome Everybody!!

strandinthewind 08-18-2005 11:50 AM

Mirage to go

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
MIRAGE

....their harmonies were off a lot during this tour....and the set list seemed thrown together at the last minute

I agree. I also thing they were so pissed at each other that it showed. Finally, Stevie's and LB's voices were in need of rest and you can hear it.

Having said that - they were both sunningly beautiful in this era.

This concert was also not the best for CM. I think this is around the time she started really thinking about retiring. Her vocals were great though.

dissention 08-18-2005 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strandinthewind
I agree. I also thing they were so pissed at each other that it showed. Finally, Stevie's and LB's voices were in need of rest and you can hear it.

I love the Mirage tour, it's their best alongside the White Album tour and the Tusk tour. The ragged vocals helped it (though, I admit, I cannot tolerate "Gypsy" on the video) and it was their last great rock and roll tour.

GypsySorcerer 08-18-2005 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dissention
I love the Mirage tour, it's their best alongside the White Album tour and the Tusk tour. The ragged vocals helped it (though, I admit, I cannot tolerate "Gypsy" on the video) and it was their last great rock and roll tour.

Really? I can hardly stand to listen to Stevie on this tour, save Sisters of the Moon. :sorry: "Rhiannon" and "Gypsy" make my ears bleed. ;)

dissention 08-18-2005 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
Really? I can hardly stand to listen to Stevie on this tour, save Sisters of the Moon. :sorry: "Rhiannon" and "Gypsy" make my ears bleed. ;)

Meh, I'll gladly take it over the lethargic crap we got from '87-'91. :laugh: Her voice had character and poignancy during the Mirage tour, whereas she was nothing but flat, monotonous, and boring during those other years.

strandinthewind 08-18-2005 12:06 PM

Quote:

I liked it too. But, in comparison to the tours for FM FM, Rumors, Tusk and The Dance, it is my least fav. Maybe it is because in the Mirage tour they seemed like less of unit, which, of course they were by then.

jbrownsjr 08-18-2005 12:37 PM

Quote:

Meh, I'll gladly take it over the lethargic crap we got from '87-'91. :laugh: Her voice had character and poignancy during the Mirage tour, whereas she was nothing but flat, monotonous, and boring during those other years.

agree 100% she had some muscle behind her voice on Tusk and Mirage

Richard B 08-18-2005 12:42 PM

The Dance

Great tour with some nice surprises (The Farmers Daughter)...but the older shows still ROCK harder.

Neal 08-18-2005 12:54 PM

Round 5

The Dance tour...

gldstwmn 08-18-2005 03:02 PM

Goodbye Mirage!

Hawkeye 08-18-2005 03:45 PM

Round 5- The Dance

the other 4 are too much better.

CreepingDeath 08-18-2005 04:15 PM

Round 5: Mirage

Bad vocals ruin it for me.

Stevie was red hot during that time though.

AliceLover 08-18-2005 04:50 PM

The Dance Tour

I was there and I got bored. By then I had watched the video 100 times and most of it was exactlyl ike the video.

SteveMacD 08-18-2005 04:58 PM

The Dance. Is it me, or has there been seemingly a major flaw with every tour since 1987?