The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The doc!!! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=13417)

dissention 03-14-2004 10:28 PM

The doc!!!

Your thoughts?!

pwyll 03-14-2004 10:29 PM

Loved it......need the other 498.5 hours of footage. Anyone know how to get the film?

WelshWitchPMD 03-14-2004 10:30 PM

I think it was about 10 minutes too short.

diamondsnake 03-14-2004 10:31 PM

I thought it was excellent! It makes me so jealous that I can't start a band and have a blast like they were having. It really looked like a lot of fun. Best FM special I have ever seen!

I thought it was interesting how Everybody Finds Out was being practiced during the tour rehearsals, so maybe, just maybe it will be in the setlist in May! I hope!

It was a little dissapointing that it got you so excited about the tour and then they didn't show you any clips from opening night. Oh well, I guess we will have to wait a few months for the Boston show.

kak125 03-14-2004 10:31 PM

Good

I really liked the documentary but I do have to admit that I wanted to see a little more drama but Stevie is so darn cute. She just cracks me up and Lindsey is just too much. He is such a hottie though!

I wish they would have had Everybody Finds Out in the set list because that song rocks but maybe they will add it for the tour in May.

I was kinda mad that they didnt show more concert footage. I figured that the documentary would be the full 90 minutes but I think it was only 78 minutes long. I couldnt believe it when the screen went black when they showed them walking up to the stage. They should have showed a couple of songs but it is VH1 so I know I should be glad that I got to see anything.

I think I am going to listen to Say You Will again now. I love that cd.

dissention 03-14-2004 10:33 PM

My favorite part of the whole show was when they worked on "Goodbye Baby," just Stevie and Lindsey. Lindsey was sitting in his chair, playing his guitar, and Stevie was sitting on the couch and singing. All I have to say was, boy, Stevie looked like the most gorgeous woman I've ever seen during that part; she was stunning. I watched it with my mother (I had to go over there because she has a DVD burner) and she turned to me and said "How old is she?!" I told her she'd be 56 in May and she almost **** bricks. :laugh: That was just an awesome part!!!!

AND- they were working on EFO for the stage!!!

The only thing I was disappointed with was that they didn't show any of the viciousness about the album tracks. :(

And Kristen? She came off as a major snob. :nod:

diamondsnake 03-14-2004 10:34 PM

Re: Good

Quote:

Originally posted by kak125
Stevie is so darn cute.
I know, she is! I loved how she got a talking fish to lighten the mood in the house! And her little talk about how ten year olds don't want to hear 25 songs from a bunch of 50 somethings was really funny and true!

diamondsnake 03-14-2004 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dissention
And Kristen? She came off as a major snob. :nod:
Who's Kristen?

dissention 03-14-2004 10:35 PM

Re: Re: Good

Quote:

Originally posted by diamondsnake
I know, she is! I loved how she got a talking fish to lighten the mood in the house! And her little talk about how ten year olds don't want to hear 25 songs from a bunch of 50 somethings was really funny and true!
I felt like screaming at the TV "10 year olds don't want to hear even ONE song from a bunch of fiftysomethings!" :laugh: Where in the hell did she get the idea that 10 year olds would buy their album?!

dissention 03-14-2004 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by diamondsnake
Who's Kristen?
Liddy's wife.

diamondsnake 03-14-2004 10:37 PM

Re: Re: Re: Good

Quote:

Originally posted by dissention
I felt like screaming at the TV "10 year olds don't want to hear even ONE song from a bunch of fiftysomethings!" :laugh: Where in the hell did she get the idea that 10 year olds would buy their album?!
I'm only 15 and I stood on line at midnight to buy the album! :laugh: However, that is rare and I was thinking the same thing- no ten year old is going to buy it!

kak125 03-14-2004 10:37 PM

I noticed a couple of times where Kristen was in the documentary but she never really said anything. Of course what would she have to say anyway. I loved the part when they were talking about Thrown Down and Stevie was saying how it was about Lindsey and him saying something to the effect of how he knows the song is about him and that you have to distance yourself from that but you can tell he was flattered by it (as he should be).

Stevie looked really good in this documentary. Her skin looks amazing

SteveMacD 03-14-2004 10:38 PM

I know I'll be in the minority, but I thought it was boring. It's interesting in that we got to see the album being recorded, but it didn't offer what I'd consider new insight into the band. My BIGGEST gripe is that they didn't have enough of John's sarcasm.

dissention 03-14-2004 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by kak125
Stevie looked really good in this documentary. Her skin looks amazing
She must be friends with Victoria Principal. :laugh:

estranged4life 03-14-2004 10:39 PM

Well...

seems it should be an interesting show to see from the posts I have read thus far.

Brian j.