The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Unearthed Live at the 1982 Us Festival Videos (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57147)

Netter75 07-10-2017 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1213655)
Wow, that was awesome!!!

Love the piano in this!!

Her fingers really fly over those keys. She looks and sounds great too. Glad to have a song featuring Christine posted.

Wdm6789 07-10-2017 07:54 PM

I hope we eventually get all the videos. A Mirage tour Sara would be amazing. Hold Me would be awesome too.

jbrownsjr 07-11-2017 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netter75 (Post 1213656)
Her fingers really fly over those keys. She looks and sounds great too. Glad to have a song featuring Christine posted.

I got a deeper look into her fingering on this solo. That right hand is faster than I thought.

aleuzzi 07-11-2017 10:49 AM

That some serious saloon-style piano playing at the three minute mark. Fats Domino was smiling down on her.

These days she appears to have some athritis or joint sensitivity in her right hand. She can't play like that anymore but she's still chording the way she used to.

snroxman 07-11-2017 01:57 PM

WAYYYY Awesome! I've always loved the way that "Don't Stop" used to be performed.

dreamsunwind 07-11-2017 02:43 PM

Ah this is one of the better performances from what we've seen of this festival. Christine's piano is amazing at the end and she sounds good too which is great considering how rough she sounded at the end of the Second Hand News performance. Lindsey sounds alright in all the videos. You can't really hear Stevie in this one but that might be for the best considering how she sounded in all the other ones :lol:

aleuzzi 07-11-2017 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1213703)
Ah this is one of the better performances from what we've seen of this festival. Christine's piano is amazing at the end and she sounds good too which is great considering how rough she sounded at the end of the Second Hand News performance. Lindsey sounds alright in all the videos. You can't really hear Stevie in this one but that might be for the best considering how she sounded in all the other ones :lol:

D

I checked out the SHN video to hear Christine's vocal. It's in key but her voice is all wrong for the song--it's not something she would have written for herself. And, as she often does when she's reaching just past the natural upper register of her chest voice, she sounds strained. If we were able to hear Stevie in the mix, the effect might be softer, but apparently only the right channel is working in the videos. A lot of people tuning in are complaining about that. That might be why Stevie is hardly audible on Don't Stop, too.

WatchChain 07-12-2017 06:33 PM

Can the sound man please turn up Stevie's mic ?!?!?! :]

It appears that the Mac were having some major sound problems at the US Festival on this given evening. Lindsey's mic cuts out on the chords of the set opener "Second Hand News", then Chris' mic begins to blare at the end of that tune. Now Stevie's mic is fading out. Perhaps this is why their US Festival appearance hasn't seen an official release.

WatchChain 07-12-2017 06:40 PM

By the way....Can we PLEASE bring back Stevie's late 70's/early 80's "2001 A Space Mission to Mars SQUARE MIC" ? Come on Stevie, roll it out from the vault!!! Turn that mother UP !!!!!!! :)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...730ecca772.jpg

snroxman 07-13-2017 10:20 AM

Re: Second Hand News

To me it seemed like SHN was their "sound check" - quickly checking and adjusting levels.

jbrownsjr 07-13-2017 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchChain (Post 1213789)
Can the sound man please turn up Stevie's mic ?!?!?! :]

It appears that the Mac were having some major sound problems at the US Festival on this given evening. Lindsey's mic cuts out on the chords of the set opener "Second Hand News", then Chris' mic begins to blare at the end of that tune. Now Stevie's mic is fading out. Perhaps this is why their US Festival appearance hasn't seen an official release.

I don't think they can hear themselves. They have that look in their eyes.

If you've ever performed and you can't hear yourself, it can be a disaster.

dreamsunwind 07-13-2017 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1213716)
D

I checked out the SHN video to hear Christine's vocal. It's in key but her voice is all wrong for the song--it's not something she would have written for herself. And, as she often does when she's reaching just past the natural upper register of her chest voice, she sounds strained. If we were able to hear Stevie in the mix, the effect might be softer, but apparently only the right channel is working in the videos. A lot of people tuning in are complaining about that. That might be why Stevie is hardly audible on Don't Stop, too.

Yeah I do think there's something wrong with the sound*** in these videos. The Stand Back performance from Stevie's US Fest, you can hardly hear the synths and it makes everything else sound more jarring.

Angel69 07-14-2017 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1213859)
Yeah I do think there's something wrong with the sound*** in these videos. The Stand Back performance from Stevie's US Fest, you can hardly hear the synths and it makes everything else sound more jarring.

Her US festival performance was recorded poorly......the girls sound like they are screaming and Sometimes it's like Stevie isn't even micd.

jwd 07-14-2017 05:25 PM

Like the way Christine plays that piano!

Nathan 07-14-2017 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel69 (Post 1213889)
Her US festival performance was recorded poorly......the girls sound like they are screaming and Sometimes it's like Stevie isn't even micd.

I think that might have just been on the bootlegs though. Even though they're one channel, these new releases sound pretty good. Except for stand back and SDMHA, which were overdubbed.