The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Unearthed Live at the 1982 Us Festival Videos (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57147)

BLY 06-20-2017 04:02 AM

I remember at a very young age when I started seeing Fleetwood Mac I realized there was the Studio Band and the Live band two very different sounnds. Today that gap has shrunk.

ricohv 06-20-2017 03:43 PM

Well this is one way to make a pretty song not-so-pretty! :sorry:

ricohv 06-20-2017 03:49 PM

But Stevie looks great-1982 might be her best year looks-wise: 81 & 83 were good but there's something about 82 that just seems like shear Stevie-perfection! I know that sounds shallow, but I feel ok saying it since image has always been an important part of her allure.
*Ricoh*

dreamsunwind 06-20-2017 03:56 PM

God she looks soooo gorgeous....but that chorus. Yikes. I think Lindsey and Christine were at least trying, especially at the end of the second verse leading into the second chorus, but maybe Stevie was just really off her game or there was something wrong with the microphones but that did not sound right.

fleetwoodguy79 06-20-2017 07:23 PM

There is a video to The Chain released too? Where might one find that?? :blob2:

Is it only the right channel audio for anyone else on Dreams? Hmm.

EDIT: Found it! For anyone who hasn't seen it:
https://www.vevo.com/watch/fleetwood...n/USSE91735504

fleetwoodguy79 06-20-2017 07:26 PM

Gypsy - US Fest 1982!

Just stumbled on this a few minutes ago!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV_dnrxD6v4

Her voice that night... hmm.

jbrownsjr 06-20-2017 07:43 PM

I loved that so much. Don't care that it was very pitchy at times.. She pushed through it like a pro.

fleetwoodguy79 06-20-2017 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1212290)
I loved that so much. Don't care that it was very pitchy at times.. She pushed through it like a pro.

She did indeed. What happened at the end of the song where Lindsey didn't go into his normal solo and said something to her? Sweet moment between the two of them.

Wdm6789 06-20-2017 08:03 PM

I hate that the camera didn't get a cool shot of John, Lindsey, and Christine all playing together at 1:40. Instead, the camera kept moving and cut them out of the shot. I also thought it was weird that Christine was singing in the middle of the song. These few US festival videos have been quite the treat, I hope they keep uploading more.

button-lip 06-20-2017 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricohv (Post 1212277)
Well this is one way to make a pretty song not-so-pretty! :sorry:

Good Lord, that was painful to hear! I agree they look great (especially Lindsey) but you always buy a ticket for something else. :shrug:

bombaysaffires 06-20-2017 10:59 PM

Having seen/heard some truly awful Stevie performances, (ahem, Red Rocks, anyone?) that others have thought were so wonderful... I have to say this is NOT really that bad. I think, as someone else pointed out, we are only getting one channel of the audio, and we're just mostly getting Stevie's mic. You can't hear Chris's keyboards really at all and Lindsey's guitar solo is echoey and a bit muffled in the mix. This makes it sound like she is bellowing and drowning everyone else out but I gotta blame the recording and the mix on this one.

She does sound like she's singing it more how she does solo than how she used to do it with FM before touring solo. :mad:

But she's not so way off key as plenty of other performances.:shrug:

Macfan4life 06-21-2017 04:28 AM

Thanks for posting but I don't have any audio when I play them. All other youtube and Vevo and other channels work fine and speakers on. But these new Mac uploads have no sound for me. Anyone a techie and know why?
I am really missing out :eek:

MakerofBirds 06-21-2017 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1212322)
Thanks for posting but I don't have any audio when I play them. All other youtube and Vevo and other channels work fine and speakers on. But these new Mac uploads have no sound for me. Anyone a techie and know why?
I am really missing out :eek:

I just listened with headphones and there is sound only in the right speaker on both of the US Fest songs for me. Not sure if that means anything for you or not.

These videos are fabulous! This was a couple weeks before the Mirage show I went to, I believe. I'll have to check my ticket stub!

bombaysaffires 06-21-2017 09:44 AM

well it's clear she can't hear herself very well at all. She keeps holding her hand to her ear trying to hear, then she looks at Christine and gives a face like "I can't hear sh&t" and she holds out her arms like "wtf". She looks towards Lindsey at one point and kinda shrugs and holds her arms out and gestures in a sort of up, up, up gesture like trying to tell the sound mixers to turn up her monitors or something. She held her hand to her ear during Dreams as well, but she really can't hear herself on this one.

It's weird how Lindsey hangs back on the drum riser throughout. And Christine sings the first "she was just a wish, she was just a wish" before he comes down and stands by his mic. You can sort of hear what he says, it's one word, and he repeats it. At first it almost sounded like "b&tch" but then it's really either "which" or "witch" or "wish". He says it twice, she wags her finger at him and kisses him and walks off. Curious........

The Chain 06-21-2017 10:14 AM

Awesome.

Side note.. has anyone else always been slightly annoyed that Lindsey didn't play the true guitar hook on the Mirage tour, as he did from The Dance on.. Even though it's a very slight alteration, I've always thought it took a little bit away from the song on this tour.:shrug: