The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fleetwood Mac Added to 2018 iHeartRadio Music Festival Lineup (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57967)

ricohv 06-12-2018 08:26 PM

Fleetwood Mac Added to 2018 iHeartRadio Music Festival Lineup

https://www.billboard.com/biz/articl...estival-lineup
The star-studded 2018 iHeartRadio Music Festival lineup just got even bigger.

Fleetwood Mac will join the main stage bill, marking the first time the group will play together as a new band since Lindsey Buckingham's exit in April.

“It is an honor to be performing at the iHeartRadio Music Festival for our very first time,” Stevie Nicks said in a statement. “The beauty of an event like this is that it is a true representation of the power of radio. It’s an opportunity for artists across all genres to share one stage and what we all love most -- music!”

The two-day event, hosted by Ryan Seacrest, also includes previously announced performers Justin Timberlake, Carrie Underwood, Mariah Carey, Imagine Dragons, Jason Aldean, Sam Smith, Luke Bryan, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Panic! at the Disco, Kelly Clarkson, Shawn Mendes, Kygo, Rae Sremmurd and Logic.

The iHeartRadio Music Festival will take place September 21 and 22. at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas and will broadcast live on iHeartMedia radio stations across the United States. The CW Network will also exclusively live-stream both nights of the festival via CWTV.com and The CW App.

AnthonyMI 06-12-2018 08:46 PM

Little does Stevie know... radio is dead. Video killed it. Then American idol killed video. Then YouTube killed American idol.

lovethemac1 06-12-2018 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyMI (Post 1230780)
Little does Stevie know... radio is dead. Video killed it. Then American idol killed video. Then YouTube killed American idol.

OMG I laughed out loud!! Thank you. That was priceless. :laugh:

sasja 06-12-2018 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyMI (Post 1230780)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thank you for that!!!

secondhandchain 06-13-2018 12:19 AM

Please move this thread to the post Rumours forum. Personally I could give a flying F where they play.

Netter75 06-13-2018 12:31 AM

Nice! Glad this is being professionally filmed and mixed. I doubt I'll be able to go see this tour at all since I can't justify paying those ridiculous ticket prices to get even a somewhat decent seat.

Now I can sit and watch (for free) whatever good or bad comes from this 😁 couldn't be happier.

bwboy 06-13-2018 06:04 AM

Just to add- the CW will air the concert on 2 nights- Oct 7 and 8.

AnthonyMI 06-13-2018 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovethemac1 (Post 1230787)
OMG I laughed out loud!! Thank you. That was priceless. :laugh:

She really is stuck in a moment in time. That time being 1970s. It’s like she’s totally unaware of anything that’s happened in the music industry since. She still thinks Of album sales in the Millions and that’s radio is relevant at all? Radio is a clusterfrak of Impotance and Diet pill commercials that plays the same 20 songs in constant rotation. XM radio is the closest thing we have to the radio of yesteryear. At least iHeart Radio plays old Casey’s American Top 40 To remind of a of a time radio had variety

jbrownsjr 06-13-2018 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyMI (Post 1230814)
She really is stuck in a moment in time. That time being 1970s. It’s like she’s totally unaware of anything that’s happened in the music industry since. She still thinks Of album sales in the Millions and that’s radio is relevant at all? Radio is a clusterfrak of Impotance and Diet pill commercials that plays the same 20 songs in constant rotation. XM radio is the closest thing we have to the radio of yesteryear. At least iHeart Radio plays old Casey’s American Top 40 To remind of a of a time radio had variety

I heard that IHeart radio is having serious financial troubles.

lovethemac1 06-13-2018 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyMI (Post 1230814)

I agree!!!!:nod: And I LOOOOOVVVEEEE Casey's American Top 40 show.

AncientQueen 06-13-2018 03:01 PM

This idiots could have been HEADLINERS at Glastonbury and now they are sandwiched between Justin Timberlake and Lynyrd Skynyrd. Way to go.

jbrownsjr 06-13-2018 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AncientQueen (Post 1230835)
This idiots could have been HEADLINERS at Glastonbury and now they are sandwiched between Justin Timberlake and Lynyrd Skynyrd. Way to go.

That is a demotion. No doubt about it. That actually irritates me. Oy

bwboy 06-13-2018 09:16 PM

I thought Glastonbury wasn't happening this year. So how could FM headline a concert that isn't happening?

Imagine Dragons, Carrie Underwood, Justin Timberlake, Sam Smith, Jack White- yeah, what an embarrassing lineup :rolleyes:

This is a brilliant move on their part, to introduce the new lineup to the public a week or two before the tour starts.

AncientQueen 06-14-2018 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1230858)
I thought Glastonbury wasn't happening this year. So how could FM headline a concert that isn't happening?

In the past, bwboy, in the past.
Organizators tried to book them for years, but FM was just too expensive.
In 2018, neither Glastonbury, nor FM are happening.

iamnotafraid 06-14-2018 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1230822)
I heard that IHeart radio is having serious financial troubles.

Rusty said the same.