The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Amazing "Sisters Of The Moon" (audio) / Atlanta 8/8/80 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58433)

cbBen 12-13-2018 11:58 AM

Amazing "Sisters Of The Moon" (audio) / Atlanta 8/8/80

In searching for examples of her Stevie's falsetto (which she sings on the original), I'm listening to live versions of this song and ran across this great one (Atlanta 8/8/80): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJGqsFH2Jbc

It just reminds me of how much Stevie and Lindsey benefit one another. There really is no substitute for that pairing.

David 12-14-2018 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbBen (Post 1245947)
In searching for examples of her Stevie's falsetto (which she sings on the original), I'm listening to live versions of this song and ran across this great one (Atlanta 8/8/80): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJGqsFH2Jbc

It just reminds me of how much Stevie and Lindsey benefit one another. There really is no substitute for that pairing.

Go Your Own Way and Songbird are also circulating from this soundboard.

The only other soundboard from the final leg that I'm aware of is the Mobile AL show 8.11.80:
  • Monday Morning
  • The Chain
  • Don't Stop
  • Dreams
  • Oh Well
  • Rhiannon
  • Over and Over
  • What Makes You Think You're the One
  • Tusk
  • Think About Me
  • I'm So Afraid
  • Angel
  • You Make Loving Fun

vivfox 12-14-2018 08:01 PM

This vocal is horrible.

ami0425 12-23-2018 12:13 AM

For years now I have been trying to decipher what she is singing at the very end of the song when they played it live. After the very last "Would you be my sister of the moon".

Anyone have any guesses?

NurseDJackson 12-23-2018 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ami0425 (Post 1246866)
For years now I have been trying to decipher what she is singing at the very end of the song when they played it live. After the very last "Would you be my sister of the moon".

Anyone have any guesses?

In the version linked to above, and in others around that time, she would sing
"where have the white birds flown/have they flown so very far/no they're just asleep" which are lines from her demo song Cecilia. I never know quite what she says after that, "sister" or "cecilia" or some moan/noise. It sometimes sounds like "celia"...

The Chicago show, 5/14/80 has a blisteringly good version...

cbBen 12-23-2018 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NurseDJackson (Post 1246868)
"where have the white birds flown/have they flown so very far/no they're just asleep" which are lines from her demo song Cecilia. I never know quite what she says after that, "sister" or "cecilia" or some moan/noise. It sometimes sounds like "celia"...

Thanks. This is a big part of why I love this site.

sodascouts 12-23-2018 11:17 AM

Quote:

I'm going by memory because I can't watch the video right now, but if it's like my transcription of the demo, I believe it's "herein, therein."

fleetwoodguy79 12-23-2018 04:14 PM

Quote:

+ Chicago show from 1980

Really any show from the first US leg of 1980 has an excellent version, and the late 1979 shows are also excellent.

Lindsey's guitar rig took a **** between the European leg of 1980 and the final US leg of 1980. For the tour up to that point, he was still using that homemade fuzz preamp which made his new Turner sound like an atomic bomb. On SOTM, the thing sounded like a demon, and I think he loved it (watch his sinister looks on the Tusk Doc during that song).

This ATL version is OK, but it's missing those amazing little pieces from the other legs that made the song great.

vivfox 12-23-2018 08:17 PM

Quote:

It also contains my fave live Rhiannon EVER!!