The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   I Just Want To Be Your Everything (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=26602)

DavidMn 05-02-2006 05:00 PM

I Just Want To Be Your Everything

I first remember hearing this song in the fall of 1977, and I've loved it ever since. Andy Gibb back then is definitely one of the hottest men I've ever seen. Anyone else a fan of his? Oh Everlasting Love is another fave.:nod:

GODDESS6 05-02-2006 05:12 PM

i totally dig "shadow dancing"~

DavidMn 05-02-2006 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GODDESS6
i totally dig "shadow dancing"~

YES! another good one.:nod:

goldie 05-02-2006 09:43 PM

I LOVE that song!!!!!!!! Makes me dance whenever it comes on!

SuzeQuze 05-03-2006 07:42 AM

Oh yes, he was a beautiful man and I love his songs. It is such a shame his happy image was nothing like the way he was in his personal life.

jannieC 05-03-2006 08:20 AM

David. Andy Gibb was my first concert, ever. I was maybe, 10 years old, and I went with my best friend and her parents. We had front row seats(!) and we handed him a bouquet of roses. He thanked us, and I touched his foot. Oh and also, we stuffed our training bras that night in hopes of Andy noticing us. :woohoo:

DavidMn 05-03-2006 11:56 AM

DO you guys think that Victoria Principal deserves alot of heat for what happened to Andy and how he went downhill like he did?

Patti 05-03-2006 12:05 PM

According to Victoria Principal she tried to help him with his problems, but ultimately they got too big for her to handle and she left him. She said that he was a great love of her life and she hated leaving him, but he was so out of control she pretty much had no choice.

strandinthewind 05-03-2006 12:07 PM

Such a shame because, like his broters, he had talent.

As an aside, the Bee Gees are one of the largest selling groups ever.

Villavic 05-03-2006 12:45 PM

I love OUR LOVE (don't throw it all away). and the Bee Gess version with Andy taped during the ONE NIGHT ONLY show is PERFECT

I don't blame on Victoria. The Bee Gees documentary explained everything. The show business is cruel and if you are not prepared to control drugs or any excess, you are lost

DavidMn 05-03-2006 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic
I love OUR LOVE (don't throw it all away). and the Bee Gess version with Andy taped during the ONE NIGHT ONLY show is PERFECT

I don't blame on Victoria. The Bee Gees documentary explained everything. The show business is cruel and if you are not prepared to control drugs or any excess, you are lost

Yeah youre right, in the end he had to take responsibility for his actions, and unfortunately he didnt.:distress:

DavidMn 05-03-2006 12:55 PM

In another note, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he's the ONLY artist or band ever to have his first 3 released singles all go to #1.

Nightbirdjel 05-03-2006 05:44 PM

HUGE fan of his since day one!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMn
I first remember hearing this song in the fall of 1977, and I've loved it ever since. Andy Gibb back then is definitely one of the hottest men I've ever seen. Anyone else a fan of his? Oh Everlasting Love is another fave.:nod:

I loved his music first on the radio, then when I saw what he looked like-WOW:shocked: Such a beautiful man. I really loved "Love is Thicker Than Water"-even bought the sheet music. I also have an Andy Gibb beach towel in excellent condition that I got around 1977 or '78:p . Broke my heart when he died so young. Broke my heart even more to hear of his sad life. Unlike most other teen idols of that era, he had actual talent and wrote his own songs. Still miss him-he was one of my very first "music-related obsessions".

DavidMn 05-04-2006 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightbirdjel
I loved his music first on the radio, then when I saw what he looked like-WOW:shocked: Such a beautiful man. I really loved "Love is Thicker Than Water"-even bought the sheet music. I also have an Andy Gibb beach towel in excellent condition that I got around 1977 or '78:p . Broke my heart when he died so young. Broke my heart even more to hear of his sad life. Unlike most other teen idols of that era, he had actual talent and wrote his own songs. Still miss him-he was one of my very first "music-related obsessions".

I'll bet that towel is worth something now.:nod:

CelticGypsy 05-05-2006 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMn

Nice to see another Andy Gibb fan:wavey: A few years ago I went to put some flowers at his gravesite while visiting Los Angeles. He was very talented and never realized it:(