The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fleetwood Mac - Live in Nagoya, Japan 12/1/77 Question (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=15384)

77Rumours77 07-17-2004 11:32 PM

Fleetwood Mac - Live in Nagoya, Japan 12/1/77 Question

Did this show just surface? I have never seen it? What about you guys? :shrug:

MacMan 07-18-2004 12:36 AM

Yupe, it surfaced about a month ago or so.

77Rumours77 07-18-2004 12:53 AM

I wish these would surface!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacMan
Yupe, it surfaced about a month ago or so.

AWESOME! SO that means that there are some still out there!
ATTENTION PEOPLE!!!!!
If you have these bootlegs and are not sharing them START SHARING THEM!
Wichita, KS 8/23/80 Its out there! They have a partial show, i want Full!
Portland, ME 6/27/86 Some people calim to have this so it may be out there!
Dallas, TX 11/4/97 I went to this show, so c'mon!
Wichita, KS 9/74 This show was sold out! Somebody had to of recorded it!

fleetfootmike 07-23-2004 09:47 AM

It showed up on one of the lossless Bittorrent trading sites, and was drawn to my attention by a regular there who knows I'm a Mac-aholic.

I've passed it on to two or three traders: if anyone else wants to trade for a CD copy (NOT burned from MP3s), drop me private mail. It's apparently an audience recording, and the copy circulating was encoded off cassette.

AliP 07-23-2004 11:33 AM

Thanks for getting it out there FleetfootMike :)

77Rumours77 - I have it and have been trading it. So don't worry it will be out there in heavy circulation very soon, I'm sure.

amber 07-23-2004 11:39 AM

I listened to Rhiannon from it yesterday posted on Go Your Own Way - what a strange, strange performance! Like, "I'm flat, but I don't care." And stevie did this wonderful....aaaaooooaaaawooowowowowowowowow thing. But are you guys talking about someone may have a VIDEO of it? A visual copy? The end was neat-o, i thought i'd like to see it. I thought that was the one everyone was always talking about from Japan. You know "I love the bootleg video I have of Rhiannon from Japan". :shrug:
Amber

David 07-23-2004 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fleetfootmike
It showed up on one of the lossless Bittorrent trading sites, and was drawn to my attention by a regular there who knows I'm a Mac-aholic.

Mike, thanks for staking out those off-the-beaten-path trading sites. Lots of great Mac material has surfaced from those sources already. Keep us posted! We'll beat the record companies yet! (or we already have)

David 07-23-2004 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber
I listened to Rhiannon from it yesterday posted on Go Your Own Way - what a strange, strange performance! Like, "I'm flat, but I don't care." And stevie did this wonderful....aaaaooooaaaawooowowowowowowowow thing. But are you guys talking about someone may have a VIDEO of it? A visual copy? The end was neat-o, i thought i'd like to see it. I thought that was the one everyone was always talking about from Japan. You know "I love the bootleg video I have of Rhiannon from Japan". :shrug:
Amber

When they mention the video from Japan, they're talking about either the Young Music TV show (which was December 5 in Tokyo, I think) or the stashy stuff from Frank Harding (featuring the heavy dude with the camera pushing it in everyone's face), which seemed to cover the entire week of shows they did in Japan, & especially the couple of nights in Osaka & Tokyo. It's even got the footage of them boarding the bullet train to get around.

amber 07-23-2004 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David
Mike, thanks for staking out those off-the-beaten-path trading sites. Lots of great Mac material has surfaced from those sources already. Keep us posted! We'll beat the record companies yet! (or we already have)

Is there a video or not? Just audio? What's the deal? :shrug:
Amber "no one will answer me" G.

fleetfootmike 07-23-2004 01:08 PM

The "wonderfull aaaoooowowowowoooowoaooow thing" is very like what she does on "Green Manalishi", actually. I'm kinda fond of the "Gold Dust Woman" off there as well.

Our 'Stevie' commented when she first heard the Tokyo version that Stevie sounds dead tired - apparently like (and I bow to her knowledge in this) someone who's been on coke but isn't currently... It seems to be a thread through all those Japan performances.

fleetfootmike 07-23-2004 01:14 PM

Quote:

Is there a video or not? Just audio? What's the deal? :shrug:
Amber "no one will answer me" G.

It's just a two CD audience-recorded audio bootleg.
Track list is:
Say You Love Me 5:52
Monday Morning 4:05
Dreams 4:33
Oh Well 3:19
Rhiannon 8:27
Oh Daddy 6:14
Never Going Back Again 2:32
Landslide 4:27
Over My Head 3:51
Gold Dust Woman 8:48
You Make Loving Fun 4:44
I'm So Afraid 6:32
Go Your Own Way 6:01
World Turning 9:00
Blue Letter 5:17
The Chain 7:20
Second Hand News 3:51
Songbird 4:32

amber 07-23-2004 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David
When they mention the video from Japan, they're talking about either the Young Music TV show (which was December 5 in Tokyo, I think) or the stashy stuff from Frank Harding (featuring the heavy dude with the camera pushing it in everyone's face), which seemed to cover the entire week of shows they did in Japan, & especially the couple of nights in Osaka & Tokyo. It's even got the footage of them boarding the bullet train to get around.

Thanks. God, i really want to see that. I'm sure everyone else has it :rolleyes: Someday soon....
Amber

amber 07-23-2004 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fleetfootmike
The "wonderfull aaaoooowowowowoooowoaooow thing" is very like what she does on "Green Manalishi", actually. I'm kinda fond of the "Gold Dust Woman" off there as well.

Our 'Stevie' commented when she first heard the Tokyo version that Stevie sounds dead tired - apparently like (and I bow to her knowledge in this) someone who's been on coke but isn't currently... It seems to be a thread through all those Japan performances.

Aahh, I've never heard her GM. I think Go Your Own Way might be posting the GDW - I look forward to hearing it. Yeah, she sure does sound like that! I wonder if the band was mad at her. I mean, I don't care, but she was really flat and stuff! And i bet Christine wouldn't turn in a performance like that...i've heard her flat a teensy bit before, though. Anyhoo...
Amber

fleetfootmike 07-23-2004 01:40 PM

Quote:

Aahh, I've never heard her GM. I think Go Your Own Way might be posting the GDW - I look forward to hearing it. Yeah, she sure does sound like that! I wonder if the band was mad at her. I mean, I don't care, but she was really flat and stuff! And i bet Christine wouldn't turn in a performance like that...i've heard her flat a teensy bit before, though. Anyhoo...
Amber

I'm sure Neil at GYOW will be posting the GDW. After all, I traded it to him!

HomerMcvie 07-23-2004 01:41 PM

Quote:

Aahh, I've never heard her GM.
:distress: :distress: :distress:
Oh, if Peter had only worn Chiffon.....