The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   "Hollywood Dads" book (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=32572)

Nico 05-16-2007 09:36 PM

"Hollywood Dads" book

I was at Barnes & Noble today and was flipping through this book that came out very recently:
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/...NL._SS500_.jpg

And guess who is in it? And how freaking adorable are his children? No words. They all appear to have his eyes and his youngest daughter is an absolute doll. He looks incredibly happy, youngish, and content. Leelee has her ears pierced.

I would have bought it just to scan the picture, but I was on a mission for work-related books so it has to wait. If someone else wants to scan it, that would be cool. It's probably the best picture I have seen of Lindsey in the past few years.

tuigirl 05-17-2007 01:37 AM

Nice to hear Lindsey and kids are in it...but I just want to say what a wonderful picture of Micheal J Fox and co on the cover :)

Kelly 05-17-2007 06:36 AM

I heard about this the other day. I am gonna swing by Borders today during my lunch hour and check it out.

Villavic 05-17-2007 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 688557)
I would have bought it just to scan the picture, but I was on a mission for work-related books so it has to wait. If someone else wants to scan it, that would be cool. It's probably the best picture I have seen of Lindsey in the past few years.

I'll wait for the pic

#1LiddyBuckFan 05-23-2007 03:37 PM

Anyone have this photo to scan & post? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

Nico 05-23-2007 07:33 PM

#1LBFan: I will probably be able to scan this picture sometime next week. I am getting the book, but I had to take care of some work-related priorities. It's a gorgeous pic, so it will be worth the wait.

Kelly 05-23-2007 07:47 PM

Yea, it is definately a beautiful photo. Leelee is really a cute little girl. Will is adorable with the gap in his teeth. They picked a really nice photo for the book.

danax6 05-24-2007 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 691198)
#1LBFan: I will probably be able to scan this picture sometime next week. I am getting the book, but I had to take care of some work-related priorities. It's a gorgeous pic, so it will be worth the wait.

Great, thanks. :wavey:

#1LiddyBuckFan 05-24-2007 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 691198)

Thank you so much!!! :)

Somajoseph 05-24-2007 10:26 PM

I happened to be at Books Inc today and saw the Hollywood Dads book and I had to pick it up and look for the pic.
Lindsey is absolutely beaming, and the children are beautiful.
Having said that, I think it is so sad that Stevie was never able to have children. I mean, she could have, but she truly did sacrifice that for the band, and, for herself too I suppose.
I remember reading the great Rolling Stone cover of them from Feb 1977, and Stevie sounded so adamant about having kids in the near future. She didnt seem set on a life in rock-n-roll, like it ended up. Stevie & Don Henley began dating in the summer of 76 I believe, and at that point, there was no way the band was going to put things on hold with the momentum they were building.
In the end Mick, Lindsey and John were able to have kids with their wives, but the ladies in Fleetwood Mac did indeed sacrifice that to the band.

Red 05-24-2007 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somajoseph (Post 691786)
In the end Mick, Lindsey and John were able to have kids with their wives, but the ladies in Fleetwood Mac did indeed sacrifice that to the band.

Hmm, that's true, isn't it? That makes me kind of sad. I wonder if they both feel that it was worth it or if there are still regrets.

amber 05-24-2007 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red (Post 691791)
Hmm, that's true, isn't it? That makes me kind of sad. I wonder if they both feel that it was worth it or if there are still regrets.

The thing I was thinking is that, if they had really wanted kids, they probably could have had them. It's not like they had any shortage of money or anything. Regular ladies quit there jobs, or work less, to take care of children - and famous people have children and hire extra people to take care of them so they can come with them during their careers. You know, the kids are there while they are working, with babysitters/nannys/etc.
So I can only imagine that children weren't as important to them. Not everyone likes children that much. Also, I think that is part of why Lori had a kid with Stevie's brother. I have the feeling that was more of an "arrangement" then a love affair. This is based on a few things I've heard, and my surmising, I'm not calling it a fact.

Red 05-24-2007 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber (Post 691793)
The thing I was thinking is that, if they had really wanted kids, they probably could have had them. It's not like they had any shortage of money or anything. Regular ladies quit there jobs, or work less, to take care of children - and famous people have children and hire extra people to take care of them so they can come with them during their careers. You know, the kids are there while they are working, with babysitters/nannys/etc.
So I can only imagine that children weren't as important to them. Not everyone likes children that much. Also, I think that is part of why Lori had a kid with Stevie's brother. I have the feeling that was more of an "arrangement" then a love affair. This is based on a few things I've heard, and my surmising, I'm not calling it a fact.

Remember though, that the '70's wasn't the era of the 'superwoman', i.e. have a full blown successful career, while being a wife, mother, caretaker, etc and look uber-hot while doing it. Women who are career driven while being supermom is the norm now but it wasn't then. I can't help but wonder if Stevie has looked over at Sheryl Crow and thought "well f*ck, why didn't I think of that?!"

And that's interesting about Lori and Chris, I'd never heard that. Do you really think that there was an arrangement?

Somajoseph 05-24-2007 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber (Post 691793)

I absolutely think everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I was in some sense expecting a more sympathetic viewpoint, especially from another woman.
I think it was far more complicated than any of us can imagine. Perhaps another factor wasnt the band, but Henley himself. Maybe Stevie didnt want to have a baby without the full support of the father to be. And in fast life they were living at the time, I am sure any regrets were way after the fact.

amber 05-24-2007 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red (Post 691798)
Remember though, that the '70's wasn't the era of the 'superwoman', i.e. have a full blown successful career, while being a wife, mother, caretaker, etc and look uber-hot while doing it. Women who are career driven while being supermom is the norm now but it wasn't then. I can't help but wonder if Stevie has looked over at Sheryl Crow and thought "well f*ck, why didn't I think of that?!"

And that's interesting about Lori and Chris, I'd never heard that. Do you really think that there was an arrangement?

I do think there was an arrangement, of sorts. I've heard a few things.

You are right about the 70's chicks. But then there was the 80's. And even in the 70's famous chicks had kids. Even before, long time ago. That's why we have those books like "Mommie Dearest" and stuff. :laugh: But seriously, I think the ladies could have worked it out if they had wanted to. It is very prevalent today, famous women having the babies, but it's not like there were no examples before, and not like our girls couldn't have thought of a way. There have always been nannies and stuff. Tina Turner and Diana Ross have bunches of kids, don't they?
I think part of Stevie's thing is that she quit drugs pretty late, almost in her 40's. Then she was on different drugs. lol. I dunno, I'm not saying they don't have regrets about it, but I'm not sure they are crushing, all consuming regrets. I'm mostly speaking for Stevie, I've never heard of Chris's opinion. Although, she was way less busy than Stevie, so if she wanted a child, I think she would have had one. Especially since she hates touring and stuff. I kinda think Chris would mostly do whatever she wanted.
You know, I'm sure they both felt they had a lot of other important things to do. Not putting thoughts in their brain, but if I had to choose kids or dancing across the stages of the world...that would be a short decision. I don't even dance across the stages of the world and I don't have kids.
Howevah, I wish they had had kids, cause I love them both, and would want some kind of genetic legacy...:laugh:

Red 05-24-2007 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber (Post 691805)
I think part of Stevie's thing is that she quit drugs pretty late, almost in her 40's. Then she was on different drugs. lol. I dunno, I'm not saying they don't have regrets about it, but I'm not sure they are crushing, all consuming regrets. I'm mostly speaking for Stevie, I've never heard of Chris's opinion. Although, she was way less busy than Stevie, so if she wanted a child, I think she would have had one. Especially since she hates touring and stuff. I kinda think Chris would mostly do whatever she wanted.

You have a point there about Stevie - by the time she was done with Klonopin in the '90's I think she kind of looked around and wondered where the time went. I really do believe, based on all her interviews, that it was her hearts desire to have a mini-Stevie but time ran out before she knew it. I really do think that's a big regret of hers. God, can you imagine what a child of hers would look like? *sigh*

I can't really comment on Chris as I haven't read or heard anything from her in regards to whether she wanted to breed or not.

amber 05-24-2007 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somajoseph (Post 691800)
I absolutely think everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I was in some sense expecting a more sympathetic viewpoint, especially from another woman.
I think it was far more complicated than any of us can imagine. Perhaps another factor wasnt the band, but Henley himself. Maybe Stevie didnt want to have a baby without the full support of the father to be. And in fast life they were living at the time, I am sure any regrets were way after the fact.

Oh, I didn't mean to be non sympathetic. I was kind of using your musings as a discussion point. And I agree that it probably was complicated. It sounds like it was. Especially in the Henley situation. And you are right, I don't think at the time Stevie would have wanted a child without the support of the father to be. Especially because of the way she idealized love. And yes, I agree that the fast life was a big factor, and there probably were more regrets later. Which I totally understand. I wouldn't give up what she was experiencing at the time for a child.
But as far as really thinking she has tons and tons of regrets...I'm not sure I do think that. I am, perhaps, the wrong woman to expect to attribute more to the loss of motherhood than others. And of course, I won't say something I don't really think. But I'm sure other, different women will agree more closely with your perception of the situation. :wavey:

I wasn't purposely contradicting you, I just have another perspective on the joys and longings for motherhood v. the joys and longings of being a cool famous rock star who gets to sing every night for their job. You could be totally right. I just have a different interp. These are two of the most famous, rich, talented women in the world - I kind of assume they will mostly do what they want. And I think that if Stevie had wanted a kid that bad, she would have had one. So, I mostly think that she kind of wanted a kid sometimes. At certain points. But I don't believe it was ever a huge calling for her.

Red 05-24-2007 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber (Post 691810)
And I think that if Stevie had wanted a kid that bad, she would have had one. So, I mostly think that she kind of wanted a kid sometimes. At certain points. But I don't believe it was ever a huge calling for her.

For reals? What about "Sarah?" And all those interviews about her regrets about not having a baybeh? I dunno, I think that's all genuine. I think that there are more than a few women out there who just feel like their time ran out and wish they could turn back the clock.

Somajoseph 05-24-2007 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber (Post 691810)
Oh, I didn't mean to be non sympathetic. I was kind of using your musings as a discussion point. And I agree that it probably was complicated. It sounds like it was. Especially in the Henley situation. And you are right, I don't think at the time Stevie would have wanted a child without the support of the father to be. Especially because of the way she idealized love. And yes, I agree that the fast life was a big factor, and there probably were more regrets later. Which I totally understand. I wouldn't give up what she was experiencing at the time for a child.
But as far as really thinking she has tons and tons of regrets...I'm not sure I do think that. I am, perhaps, the wrong woman to expect to attribute more to the loss of motherhood than others. And of course, I won't say something I don't really think. But I'm sure other, different women will agree more closely with your perception of the situation. :wavey:

I wasn't purposely contradicting you, I just have another perspective on the joys and longings for motherhood v. the joys and longings of being a cool famous rock star who gets to sing every night for their job. You could be totally right. I just have a different interp. These are two of the most famous, rich, talented women in the world - I kind of assume they will mostly do what they want. And I think that if Stevie had wanted a kid that bad, she would have had one. So, I mostly think that she kind of wanted a kid sometimes. At certain points. But I don't believe it was ever a huge calling for her.

No worries, I enjoyed reading your posts. There's alot of sides to it all, and all points of view could have a part in what actually played out.
Only they know for sure, right?

amber 05-24-2007 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red (Post 691815)
For reals? What about "Sarah?" And all those interviews about her regrets about not having a baybeh? I dunno, I think that's all genuine. I think that there are more than a few women out there who just feel like their time ran out and wish they could turn back the clock.

I'm sure it was genuine at the time, but I'm not sure it was a huge, overriding passion like her career was. And I'm sure she does feel like her clock ran out. But I've read more than a few interviews where she's said that motherhood wasn't really her deal.
My take is, that she regrets it, but not enough to have changed what she actually did. Otherwise she would have changed what she did. Maybe she even regrets it quite a bit, but she made the choices she made, and I don't think she regrets what she actually accomplished. She's always said she wouldn't trade her life. I dunno, I think she regrets it, but what she actually did goes a long, long way to offset her sorrow about it. And I'm sure it stings more as she gets older, and all the boys are having kids. Like if she could have a kid now, she would. But I really don't think she would have traded her career at the time for a child. I mean, she didn't. And I think if she looks back, she probably thinks "well, hindsight is 20/20, but at the time I didn't think it was right, so it probably wasn't. Maybe I could have made different choices, but I was living my life, and those are the choices I made, and good things came from those choices, too".
hehehehe. Plus, everyone she knows has kids, so, she's like an aunt a million times. But she gets to give those kids back at the end of the day. Except Jess, she lived with Jess the whole time she was growing up, and Jess is a blood relation, so I'm sure that was pretty fulfilling for her.

amber 05-24-2007 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somajoseph (Post 691817)
No worries, I enjoyed reading your posts. There's alot of sides to it all, and all points of view could have a part in what actually played out.
Only they know for sure, right?

True, that. We all just take the information we have about them and form opinions from our own perceptions. And I'm sure we actually have very little info compared to what is really in their minds.
I'm glad you posted what you did, your perspective caused me to think about what I thought about it. Your post was interesting, I'd never pictured Stevie very, very regretful about her lack of children. But perhaps she is. Actually, I kind of think she was pretty regretful when Linds started having all his lovely children. But I think in her spirit, motherhood was not the number 1 priority. You know how you see your friends kids, and sometimes you think that would be really cool, but then other times you don't even want children at all? Or maybe in the back of your mind you think you might like to have a child sometime, but in your action and your passions, and what you work for, children aren't really the priority?
Like you says, it's complicated. :p :xoxo:

Red 05-24-2007 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber (Post 691819)
Like if she could have a kid now, she would.

Hmm, I don't know about that. Adopting and becoming a new mom at 60? Even with nannies I can't imagine she'd think it was a good idea.

No, I don't think she would have traded her life and career for a child but I'm certain she regrets not finding a way to make them both happen.

Ha, I'm sure everyone will be thrilled at the threadjack. Well, it's not like it's too off-topic.:laugh:

amber 05-24-2007 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red (Post 691822)
Hmm, I don't know about that. Adopting and becoming a new mom at 60? Even with nannies I can't imagine she'd think it was a good idea.

No, I don't think she would have traded her life and career for a child but I'm certain she regrets not finding a way to make them both happen.

Ha, I'm sure everyone will be thrilled at the threadjack. Well, it's not like it's too off-topic.:laugh:

No, I think you are right, she wanted her own kid, before. Thus, Jess. And all the rest of what you said, I agree. :woohoo:
member all the interviews where she said "I couldn't have had a nanny raise my child, I would have wanted to be there all the time, and I couldn't be, so I didn't"
So, I guess like you say, she didn't think she could make both work. :( I'm not sure she is right, though. I think it could have worked okay. I mean, those damn cute dogs go everywhere she does, why not kids? :laugh:
Oh, OT! I didn't think of that. This is supposed to be about Linds' kids. I was across the street from Barnes and Noble getting another book at the used book store. I totally wanted to see Linds's kids, and I asked the store if they had the book, but they didn't, then I wanted to leave and do something else, so I didn't go to BN, but I really, really, really want to see the pic of him with his kids.
So, scan away, anyone who has it. From the little I've seen so far, those are the cutest kids ever. Doesn't LeeLee have blond curls and big blue eyes? Gah, thank god something mellowed Lindsey out...hehehe.

Red 05-25-2007 12:01 AM

Yes, someone pleeeeeeze post the Lindsey Daddy pic. I want to see what the chitlins look like now.

And yeah, didn't Stevie say something along the lines of "when I see how Lindsey is with his kids, I just think, oh Stevie...you made a mistake'. Now that's some big time regret.

Seeing how having kids really mellowed out the Linds, I wonder if having kids would have made Stevie less self centered?

amber 05-25-2007 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red (Post 691828)
Yes, someone pleeeeeeze post the Lindsey Daddy pic. I want to see what the chitlins look like now.

And yeah, didn't Stevie say something along the lines of "when I see how Lindsey is with his kids, I just think, oh Stevie...you made a mistake'. Now that's some big time regret.

Seeing how having kids really mellowed out the Linds, I wonder if having kids would have made Stevie less self centered?

Having kids makes everyone less self centered. Is that good? Usually. But in Stevie's case? We probably wouldn't have seen her for the past 20 years. Also, it is different when a man is "forced" to have kids - Lindsey has been still touring every since he had those kids. Cause his wife was taking care of them. But if Stevie had had some kids - tours stopped, career stopped. Kinda different. And when a guy becomes "less self centered" when he has kids, it's totally different than the all consuming "less self centered" that a girl has to be when she has them. Lindsey just has to talk about his kids fondly, and write songs about them, and see them between tours. Stevie would have had to stop her career for awhile, and be completely attentive to the kids at all other times, else she would have been a "self centered mom".

I don't want Stevie to not be self centered. If she wasn't "self centered" all this time, we wouldn't have anything. Unless there is some guy out there who will totally take care of her kids at every moment while she is touring. Like Lindsey's wife does.
If Stevie can find a "Lindsey's Wife" to be her husband, than that is cool. Until then, I want her to rock on with her childless, self centered self. And we all know she is very kind, and giving, so her self centeredness is not the totality of her essence.

Red 05-25-2007 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber (Post 691834)
Having kids makes everyone less self centered. Is that good?

Um, don't you remember the stories about my mother??:laugh:

No, I agree, Stevie's self centered-ness is an awesome part of her personality...although its certainly not all that she is. But she does make everything about her so I wonder how well that would translate to her having a baybeh. Pretty hilarious, I'm sure. Well, she at least dodged that tell-all book.

Johnny Stew 05-25-2007 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red (Post 691809)
I can't really comment on Chris as I haven't read or heard anything from her in regards to whether she wanted to breed or not.

I remember reading once, years ago, that Christine celebrated her divorce from John, and her "newfound sexual freedom," by having her tubes tied.

I don't recall having ever read that anywhere else, so who knows if it's true. Definitely take it with a grain of salt.

Red 05-25-2007 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Stew (Post 691838)
I remember reading once, years ago, that Christine celebrated her divorce from John, and her "newfound sexual freedom," by having her tubes tied.

Hahaha - that's awesome. I may have to use that line some day.

amber 05-25-2007 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red (Post 691837)
Um, don't you remember the stories about my mother??:laugh:

No, I agree, Stevie's self centered-ness is an awesome part of her personality...although its certainly not all that she is. But she does make everything about her so I wonder how well that would translate to her having a baybeh. Pretty hilarious, I'm sure. Well, she at least dodged that tell-all book.

:lol: :lol:

No, I didn't forget the stories. I was going to mention them, but...I dunno, I imagine Stevie's self centeredness would make her just about how our moms were. :laugh:

Also, JStew, if Christine said that?! I.Love.her.
Gotta be honest, neither of the ladies ever struck me as being excessively maternal, in the classical sense, with actual children. Due to quotes like that one from Chris, and a few others from Stevie...

Kelly 05-25-2007 09:57 AM

:confused: I seriously doubt Lori had a kid out of some sort of an "arrangement". I mean Stevie is close to Jessie but she isn't that close. Ya know? I could see Stevie thinking it would fullfill something missing inside of her but realistically, I do not think it would. Just like Matthew wouldn't either. Anything is possible with these people though, so who really knows. As far as the whole kid thing goes, I think Stevie always wanted them. Her interviews over the years have always reflected that desire.

Gailh 05-25-2007 10:13 AM

Quote:

I don't recall having ever read that anywhere else, so who knows if it's true. Definitely take it with a grain of salt.

I'm not sure she actually "celebrated" the divorce in that way. If I remember correctly she had the sterialisation done about the time of her relationship with Dennis Wilson.

she was quoted in one of her ITM interviews saying something like "there was a time about 20 odd years ago when it would have been nice to have children" Please don't take that as gospel because I'm only going on my memory which is sketchy.

Gail

The Catdancer 05-25-2007 11:02 AM

Quote:

I read that too, I think it was somewhere in the late seventies. I thought it was hilarious :laugh:

danax6 05-25-2007 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber (Post 691819)
I'm sure it was genuine at the time, but I'm not sure it was a huge, overriding passion like her career was. And I'm sure she does feel like her clock ran out. But I've read more than a few interviews where she's said that motherhood wasn't really her deal.
My take is, that she regrets it, but not enough to have changed what she actually did. Otherwise she would have changed what she did. Maybe she even regrets it quite a bit, but she made the choices she made, and I don't think she regrets what she actually accomplished. She's always said she wouldn't trade her life. I dunno, I think she regrets it, but what she actually did goes a long, long way to offset her sorrow about it. And I'm sure it stings more as she gets older, and all the boys are having kids. Like if she could have a kid now, she would. But I really don't think she would have traded her career at the time for a child. I mean, she didn't. And I think if she looks back, she probably thinks "well, hindsight is 20/20, but at the time I didn't think it was right, so it probably wasn't. Maybe I could have made different choices, but I was living my life, and those are the choices I made, and good things came from those choices, too".
hehehehe. Plus, everyone she knows has kids, so, she's like an aunt a million times. But she gets to give those kids back at the end of the day. Except Jess, she lived with Jess the whole time she was growing up, and Jess is a blood relation, so I'm sure that was pretty fulfilling for her.

Personally I think that it's been a huge regret ever since the OSOTM days. Probably even before, but that's when time really started ticking and then that ROF video with the hubby and the baby... lots of talk about career vs. family around that time and then a little later on during BTM/TS she brought up adoption a lot. It wasn't until The Dance/Enchanted that her tune all of a sudden changed and she was pretending to be perfectly happy with never having kids. But it's like that person that tells you 10 times a day that he's happy with his current job... you just know that he'd rather do something else. I got the same feeling from Stevie. The more she 'protested' the less I believed it.

Johnny Stew 05-25-2007 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gailh (Post 691893)
I'm not sure she actually "celebrated" the divorce in that way. If I remember correctly she had the sterialisation done about the time of her relationship with Dennis Wilson.

The author seemed to have a rather cynical view of '70s rock bands and all of their antics, so the idea of Christine "celebrating" her divorce and her "newfound sexual freedom" in that way, was most likely how he viewed the situation.

Both comments, by the way, were quotes of his -- not Christine's. Just want to clear that up.
If it happened later though, it seems like he didn't even have his facts straight!

I really wish I could remember the name of the book. I borrowed it a few times from the high school library, allllllllll those years ago, when I was still in school.

Johnny Stew 05-25-2007 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danax6 (Post 691924)
Personally I think that it's been a huge regret ever since the OSOTM days. Probably even before, but that's when time really started ticking and then that ROF video with the hubby and the baby... lots of talk about career vs. family around that time and then a little later on during BTM/TS she brought up adoption a lot. It wasn't until The Dance/Enchanted that her tune all of a sudden changed and she was pretending to be perfectly happy with never having kids. But it's like that person that tells you 10 times a day that he's happy with his current job... you just know that he'd rather do something else. I got the same feeling from Stevie. The more she 'protested' the less I believed it.

I still don't think that Stevie "changed her tune," per se. I think she took stock of her life after she kicked the Klonopin addiction, and came to the realization that, as much as she would have liked to have children, she just simply wasn't willing to give up her career. That "it's not the right time" or "I haven't found the right man to be the father" were just excuses to put it off "until tomorrow."

I imagine she had one of those moments we all have, where we think, "you know, as much as I say 'I wish I had done this or that,' if I REALLY wanted to, I would have made it happen somehow."

danax6 05-25-2007 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Stew (Post 691928)
I imagine she had one of those moments we all have, where we think, "you know, as much as I say 'I wish I had done this or that,' if I REALLY wanted to, I would have made it happen somehow."

Yes, I agree with that, but I sometimes wonder if she really could make it happen. I'm not talking about her lifestyle/career perse, but maybe biologically? There's that mysterious 'I lost four', which could mean abortion, but also miscarriage. And the way she was so hellbent on raising Matthew after Robin died, going as far as marrying a guy she didn't even love. I get there was a lot of grief there, but I somehow sense it was about something more. When that idealized notion of a perfect family, the hubby and the kids, didn't work out like she had always dreamed, she bailed completely. It took a long time before she even had the slightest bit of contact with Matthew again. If she wanted to take care of Matthew because of Robin there wouldn't have been a need for all the drastic measures she took. So it maybe was a combination of those two things, that she somehow couldn't conceive and/or that she really wanted a family, not like say, Sheryl Crow, single and adopting.

WelshWitchPMD 05-26-2007 01:19 AM

Re: Stevie

Based on past info from the press about 15-20 years ago, Stevie was trying to have a baby. She was unable to either conceive or maintain the pregnancy. I really am not sure. I won’t even get into the reason as to why she couldn’t but I don’t think that it had anything to do with drugs.
I find in ironic how Stevie seemed to want to have a baby and here is Lindsey who never wanted one and now he has three. Life isn’t always fair and I do think that Stevie somehow might feel that way when she sees Lindsey and his kids.
I heard in the news a few days ago that a woman in her 60s gave birth so I guess that if Stevie really wanted to she could still find a way.
Celebs today also seem to tout around the tots like they are an accessory. It is almost chic to have a baby. Back in the 70/80s that was not the case. To add more insult to injury in Stevie’s case, Jimmy Iovine’s wife Vicki is a famous author who writes books about pregnancy and babies. Vicki was the host of a Mom’s Tea Party recently that included guests like Gwen Stefani and Nelly Furtado. The 4 page photo spread can be found in May’s InStyle magazine pages 302-305. If Stevie did have a kid she would have gotten a lot of press.

danax6 05-30-2007 05:12 AM

Nobody scanned this in yet? :wavey: