The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "Gypsy" video to be released on DVD (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=46905)

Johnny Stew 04-30-2011 04:12 PM

"Gypsy" video to be released on DVD

Three episodes of the VH1 Classic series 'Music Video Exposed,' are being released on DVD in June. Each disc is supposed to contain 11 videos, as well as interviews with the artists and the featured director.

Here's a link to the Russell Mulcahy disc, which features "Gypsy":
Music Video Exposed: The Groundbreaking Videos of Russell Mulcahy

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/510TgfMuzbL.jpg

TrueFaith77 04-30-2011 04:36 PM

I wish they had asked Armond White to do the liner notes.

MacShadowsBall 04-30-2011 04:38 PM

OMG Gypsy on DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :] :] :]

Heartboy 04-30-2011 04:44 PM

I'd rather see it on a Stevie or MAC DVD collection!:nod:

Silver Springs 04-30-2011 04:45 PM

I wish they'd release the entire Fleetwood Mac DVD collection on DVD. It could be quite a money spinner for them, as well as save me from going crazy when trying to find a video of theirs online that isn't of piss poor quality.

MacShadowsBall 04-30-2011 04:46 PM

Yeah, like Stevie's Crystal Visions DVD/CD combo...

mylittledemon 04-30-2011 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall (Post 974836)

Mick wouldn't have let that happen. ;)

Silver Springs 04-30-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall (Post 974836)

If they approached it well it could be a really good project for them. I just wish they'd pull their fingers out and make some new music videos for Say You Will, or even the supposed new album they've been working on (possibly mythologically) for years. Having said that, I think music videos themselves these days are quite a turn off for a lot of fans who don't follow mainstream music. Videos have a tendency to cheapen, and I for one don't fancy seeing Mick, John and Lindsey rolling up in roofless car dripping in bling that's "full o' Ho's".

WildHearted 04-30-2011 05:41 PM

YES. I am so ready to have this in good quality.

I, too, think it would be really nice (and good $$) for FM to release a DVD compilation of their videos.

mylittledemon 04-30-2011 05:46 PM

Well, you know, being a film director I often wonder if he actually shot the video in widescreen, and if so, we've never actually seen that version.

MacShadowsBall 04-30-2011 05:58 PM

You can fit about 13 music videos on a DVD, a la Stevie's Crystal Visions DVD which has 13 music videos all w/commentary by Stevie. Actually its a 1 CD, 1 DVD set.

Fleetwood Mac could very well do something like this. Release a 2-disc set, a CD mix of studio and live songs and DVD containing all the Mac music videos with commentary by Mick, Stevie, and Lindsey (I doubt John/Christine would be interested). Add a few hidden gems (like the making of Bella Donna on Crystal Visions) and there you go!

Silver Springs 04-30-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall (Post 974868)
You can fit about 13 music videos on a DVD, a la Stevie's Crystal Visions DVD which has 13 music videos all w/commentary by Stevie. Actually its a 1 CD, 1 DVD set.

Fleetwood Mac could very well do something like this. Release a 2-disc set, a CD mix of studio and live songs and DVD containing all the Mac music videos with commentary by Mick, Stevie, and Lindsey (I doubt John/Christine would be interested). Add a few hidden gems (like the making of Bella Donna on Crystal Visions) and there you go!

Oh yeah. I can hear John's commentary now.

John: There's me......Me again....Some bloke....Another bloke....I wasn't in that one.....Me again....Done. Right. Where's my pay cheque?

Sahara 04-30-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Springs (Post 974839)
I just wish they'd pull their fingers out and make some new music videos for Say You Will, or even the supposed new album they've been working on (possibly mythologically) for years.

The "videos" for SYW were woeful. What a missed opportunity! :(

michelej1 04-30-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall (Post 974868)

And give us that "Making of Gypsy" and "Making of Big Love" footage they had too.

I've accused Mick of being mercenary, but he really must not be because they're so many sources of income they haven't tapped. It's like when their marketing people get together their first and last brainstorming idea is to repackage Rumours somehow.

Michele

MacShadowsBall 04-30-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 974887)
And give us that "Making of Gypsy" and "Making of Big Love" footage they had too.Michele

Ooooh! I didn't know about those! Yeah put those on there!