The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Songs to add to European set (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=40590)

Dodfather 06-10-2009 08:47 AM

Songs to add to European set

Hi guys,

I'm sure this was a thread a couple of months ago but I can't really remember...

I'm sure there's no chance of this but what songs would you like added to the set for the European dates? I'm thinking of this mainly because Tango In The Night was so HUGE in the UK, much more so than in the US. It was number one for ages - twice! I wonder if the band will acknowledge this?

If they did I'd LOVE to hear Seven Wonders and Tango In The Night - I'd go crazy if they were played! What songs would you guys like?

Of course I know this means that they'd have to switch out a couple of others and that's where it gets tough... If I had to choose I'd swap Tango In The Night for, prepare to hate me, lol...I Know I'm Not Wrong. I'd switch Second Hand News for Seven Wonders too.

Oh, and just because I love it I'd go wild if they played Angel too- but I don't know what they could take out of the set to make it fit!

Thoughts?

Al.

Madness Fades 06-10-2009 09:02 AM

Dreams for Everywhere
Gold Dust Woman for Tango in The Night
Sara for Angel

And play Go Your Own Way at least twice possibly three times

Not complaining though, I think the set list is amazing. I want to hear every song and more. Its just human nature to want what you cant have and want more all the time.

Dodfather 06-10-2009 09:07 AM

[QUOTE=Madness Fades;824987]Dreams for Everywhere
Gold Dust Woman for Tango in The Night

Taking out Gold Dust Woman? Controversial - haha! Personally that's one of the ones I can't wait to hear!!

The dance 06-10-2009 09:44 AM

Why put other songs in the setlist for the European leg of the tour if they only play 7 concerts in Europe??? (as it is at this moment)
I think this is a good setlist, perhaps Seven Wonders could be added.
But again, i think they will not play other songs for only 7 European concerts....

Gypsycat999 06-10-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The dance (Post 824990)
Why put other songs in the setlist for the European leg of the tour if they only play 7 concerts in Europe??? (as it is at this moment)
But again, i think they will not play other songs for only 7 European concerts....

Let's wait and see...I guess there'll be more European dates :blob2:
And I would really love to hear Seven Wonders, too!!!!

The dance 06-10-2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gypsycat999 (Post 825020)
Let's wait and see...I guess there'll be more European dates :blob2:
And I would really love to hear Seven Wonders, too!!!!

Yes Gypsycat, you were right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is a new date in Belgium and that is only a 60 minute drive for me...
I can tell you how happy i am at this moment!!!! The first time i will see FM if i get tickets ofcourse but that has not been a problem before with other concerts. They have a good system in Belgium......

Dodfather 06-10-2009 05:28 PM

Quote:

It's a great setlist at the moment. I was just wondering out of interest that's all, especially since Tango was so huge here, and I'd LOVE to hear Seven Wonders!

DigYourGrave 06-10-2009 05:52 PM

I would love Seven Wonders or Angel for Sara- Maybe even, dare I say, Rhiannon?

You're right Dodfather-Tango was massive here. Especially Ireland! I would love to hear a few changes in the list. I'd go crazy for full band Big Love. :D

Can we eject Never Going Back Again? Please? Bored. :(

Peestie 06-10-2009 06:12 PM

I'd love to hear Crystal but the song that would have to be dropped to put it in is Storms and I'd like to see that even more so it has to stay.

Tango could replace ISA since I've already seen it like and it'd be the same solo anyway.

Drop Don't Stop (please! It doesn't work!) and put in a cool arrangement of Everywhere. Say You Love Me works an absolute treat and I think they could do the same for Everywhere.

And get rid of World Turning. I don't know what to put in there but I think Don't Let Me Down Again would fill that gap, even though it doesn't really count as a hit.

Musicman408 06-10-2009 07:23 PM

If they ended up playing Seven Wonders- I would so be in love. I think that would be a great song for them to do live, but I really do not think they are going to change the set list for Europe.

drzubritsky 06-10-2009 09:50 PM

Angel, Seven Wonders or Sisters Of The Moon would all be good choices, in place of Stand Back.

Blue Letter could be fun, in place of World Turning.

It would be interesting to hear a live Walk A Thin Line with a more FM-style arrangement, with backup vocals by Stevie.

I doubt if they could pull off Crystal these days.

Gypsycat999 06-11-2009 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The dance (Post 825054)
Yes Gypsycat, you were right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is a new date in Belgium and that is only a 60 minute drive for me...
I can tell you how happy i am at this moment!!!! The first time i will see FM if i get tickets ofcourse but that has not been a problem before with other concerts. They have a good system in Belgium......

I'm very glad for you and all you others who don't live in England, Germany or Ireland that you can have more chances to see FM this time! I'm just a little worried at the moment that they skip the soth of Germany where I live. But hopefully they'll announce more dates soon.

vivfox 06-18-2009 09:42 PM

Classic Fleetwood line-up in concert

Published Date: 18 June 2009

The classic Rumours line-up of rock legends Fleetwood Mac will be appearing at Sheffield Arena on November 2.
One of the most successful bands in history, Mac veterans Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie and Lindsey Buckingham will be strutting their stuff in the city for one night only.

Since forming in 1967 the only thing about the group that hasn't changed is the rhythm section of Mick Fleetwood and John McVie.

Through the '70s, the band's personnel and style shifted with nearly every recording as Fleetwood Mac metamorphosed from a traditional British blues band to the makers of one of the best-selling pop albums ever - Rumours.

Fleetwood Mac has sold more than 100 million copies of its albums — including 25 million for Rumours alone — making the band one of the most popular rock outfits in history, so don't miss out on this rare outing for the band.

Tickets are priced at £75, £60, £45 (subject to booking fee). They are available in person at the Arena box office, by phone on 0114 256 5656 and online by going to www.sheffieldarena.co.uk.
http://www.belpernews.co.uk/entertai...ert.5379749.jp