The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Most Romantic Fleetwood Mac song? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=42372)

Dodfather 12-01-2009 09:32 AM

Most Romantic Fleetwood Mac song?

I was talking to my friend about wedding songs the other day (he's getting married on saturday and I'm best man) and I got to thinking about what Mac ones would work.

The thing is, although so many of their songs are about each other, they're not often very romantic! As amazing as Silver Springs, Storms and others are, they wouldn;t work at a wedding cos the sentiment is just a bit wrong - haha! Unless they were being funny, which I'd love...

So I got to thinking, what is the most sright out, romantic love song that the Rumours line up have done? Not snarling at each other but actually being romantic?

I came up with one answer, which I want at my wedding...

It has to be Crystal. Just beautiful!!

Thoughts??

Sanne2 12-01-2009 09:43 AM

I agree with Crystal.
Songbird would be an obvious and lame choice (Tomkat wedding :rolleyes:) but a lot of Christine's songs would be suitable for a wedding.

Gailh 12-01-2009 09:48 AM

I would say Songbird even if it is a bit obvious

Other than that Brown Eyes springs to mind although that is probably more sexy than romantic

Most of Christine's songs are quite romantic

Gail

JohnL 12-01-2009 11:02 AM

For me...

it has to be As Long as You Follow. It is a beautiful romantic song with awesome harmonies.

FMlex 12-01-2009 11:21 AM

Like it's already been said, can't go wrong with "Crystal" or "Songbird."

sjpdg 12-01-2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodfather (Post 857717)
I was talking to my friend about wedding songs the other day (he's getting married on saturday and I'm best man) and I got to thinking about what Mac ones would work.

The thing is, although so many of their songs are about each other, they're not often very romantic! As amazing as Silver Springs, Storms and others are, they wouldn;t work at a wedding cos the sentiment is just a bit wrong - haha! Unless they were being funny, which I'd love...

So I got to thinking, what is the most sright out, romantic love song that the Rumours line up have done? Not snarling at each other but actually being romantic?

I came up with one answer, which I want at my wedding...

It has to be Crystal. Just beautiful!!

Thoughts??

My wife and I had both "Songbird" and "As Long As You Follow" played at our wedding reception. "Songbird" was played as the last dance song for the reception (obvious I know, but fitting), and "As Long As You Follow" was played during the dinner.

jbrownsjr 12-01-2009 12:22 PM

Go Your Own Way? lol

WarmSir3 12-01-2009 12:42 PM

Possibly Warm Ways, although I agree completely with Crystal.

Or Big Love :woohoo:

dnightshade 12-01-2009 12:50 PM

This is a really good question. Our picks (in no particular order):

Save Me A Place
Songbird
Sara (of course)

Ulpian 12-01-2009 02:03 PM

Romantic? I'd say probably As Long As You Follow.

mylittledemon 12-01-2009 02:03 PM

At the reception we played "Bleed to Love Her" from Say You Will and I also had "Stephanie" in there from Buckingham Nicks.

I think "Say You Love Me" might have been in there also. The rest of the Mac tunes didnt seem... appropriate (?) for wedding songs. But hell, it's your wedding, play what you want. ;)

BellaDonna93 12-01-2009 02:31 PM

I agree that Crystal is one of the most romantic songs...:D It's a perfect wedding song!

paleshadow 12-01-2009 04:34 PM

I need your love so bad.

Josh2003 12-01-2009 05:07 PM

Warm Ways, absolutely. Romantic AND sexy.

Neb-Maat-Re 12-01-2009 05:23 PM

You'll say I'm a silly boy, but:

Only Over You