The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Go Your Own Way Appreciation Thread (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=24057)

bikerchic 11-19-2005 01:35 PM

Go Your Own Way Appreciation Thread

Okay, so they just played this song on the radio. I always blast this song from the speakers. I cannot listen to this song without dancing. I mean jumping up and down playing air guitar, imagining I'm at a concert. Picturing Lindsey singing this song to Stevie with such anger (for lack of a better word) back in the 70's. I think this song is one of, if not, the best Fleetwood Mac song ever. Just because everything it represents and it's just such a rocken song. It's the song that the radio stations always play, because "it" is Fleetwood Mac.

I know this has probably been discussed to death, but too bad :laugh:

Lindsey Jr. 11-19-2005 02:13 PM

[QUOTE=bikerchic]Okay, so they just played this song on the radio. I always blast this song from the speakers. I cannot listen to this song without dancing. I mean jumping up and down playing air guitar, imagining I'm at a concert. Picturing Lindsey singing this song to Stevie with such anger (for lack of a better word) back in the 70's. I think this song is one of, if not, the best Fleetwood Mac song ever. Just because everything it represents and it's just such a rocken song. It's the song that the radio stations always play, because "it" is Fleetwood Mac.

*Agrees and imagines himself onstage together with Bikerchic as Stevie*

WelshWitchPMD 11-19-2005 02:15 PM

Great song and I even love it live. I even liked Lindsey's Soundstage version. Lindsey could do a few more rocking songs IMHO.

GypsySorcerer 11-19-2005 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikerchic
Okay, so they just played this song on the radio. I always blast this song from the speakers. I cannot listen to this song without dancing. I mean jumping up and down playing air guitar, imagining I'm at a concert. Picturing Lindsey singing this song to Stevie with such anger (for lack of a better word) back in the 70's. I think this song is one of, if not, the best Fleetwood Mac song ever. Just because everything it represents and it's just such a rocken song. It's the song that the radio stations always play, because "it" is Fleetwood Mac.

I never tire of the album version of GYOW. It will always be one of my favorites.

However, I am becoming bored with the live versions of late. Lindsey's soundstage version was pretty blah to me. :(

Lindsey Jr. 11-19-2005 02:31 PM

The song that started it all for me...

BTFLCHLD 11-19-2005 02:37 PM

i just listened to that on my rumours vinyl
i do love it when lindsey does it live too

bikerchic 11-19-2005 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindsey Jr.
*Agrees and imagines himself onstage together with Bikerchic as Stevie*

:laugh: :thumbsup: :woohoo: :nod:

bikerchic 11-19-2005 02:47 PM

[QUOTE=WelshWitchPMD] I even liked Lindsey's Soundstage version.QUOTE]

Have not heard that version.

Lindsey Jr. 11-19-2005 02:50 PM

Quote:

:laugh: :thumbsup: :woohoo: :nod:

I'm gonna try not to destroy my guitar, can't promise anything. And during Tusk, I'm not gonna hug you if you don't want it :o :lol:

bikerchic 11-19-2005 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
I never tire of the album version of GYOW. It will always be one of my favorites.

Agree. I think the album version of that song and Dreams are the best versions.

bikerchic 11-19-2005 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindsey Jr.
I'm gonna try not to destroy my guitar, can't promise anything. And during Tusk, I'm not gonna hug you if you don't want it :o :lol:

I never turn down a hug :)

David 11-19-2005 03:31 PM

I love the one on the Soundstage. I have an MP3 of it ...?

I wish he wouldn't screech like that, though.

bikerchic 11-19-2005 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David
I love the one on the Soundstage. I have an MP3 of it ...?

Can you send it to me? I have not seen Lindsey's Soundstage yet, but after reading the Lindsey thread on it, I am going to find out who sells it here and immediately purchase one.

DavidMn 11-19-2005 03:57 PM

Quote:

I love this song. SOmetimes I wish it wasnt played so much on the radio though.

Lindsey Jr. 11-19-2005 04:12 PM

Quote:

I never turn down a hug :)

Always good to know :) You'll love LB's soundstage, some of the songs he did were very good (not to say beautiful).