The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   24 Karat Gold Tour Live In Concert LP/CD Available for Pre-Order (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59024)

~GoldDustWoman~ 09-10-2020 05:14 PM

24 Karat Gold Tour Live In Concert LP/CD Available for Pre-Order

A Live LP for the 24 Karat Gold Tour is available as a Pre Order on Barnes & Noble, it is exclusive to them and comes out on 11/20. There is also a 2 CD Digi Pack available on Rough Trade that comes out on 10/30.

Barnes & Noble

Rough Trade

Sidenote: If this post isn't allowed i'll put this info under the other thread where another poster was asking about it! :)

stevierocks87 09-10-2020 06:31 PM

Hopefully these different audio release exclusives point to a widespread video release! Surely it's not only going to be an audio release???

jcalzaretta 09-10-2020 07:35 PM

you can see that Stand Back, Gypsy, Edge of Seventeen and Crying in the Night are included. I wonder what else makes it. Cannot wait. I have to think that Moonlight and If You Were My Love make it too!

UnwindedDreams 09-11-2020 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~GoldDustWoman~ (Post 1259911)
A Live LP for the 24 Karat Gold Tour is available as a Pre Order on Barnes & Noble, it is exclusive to them and comes out on 11/20. There is also a 2 CD Digi Pack available on Rough Trade that comes out on 10/30.

Barnes & Noble

Rough Trade

Sidenote: If this post isn't allowed i'll put this info under the other thread where another poster was asking about it! :)

Not available to preorder now. Might've been more appropriate to build on the other thread since no official announcements were made.

If the Ledge Authority sees fit to delete the thread I started, that's cool.

BlueLight 09-11-2020 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1259927)
Not available to preorder now. Might've been more appropriate to build on the other thread since no official announcements were made.

If the Ledge Authority sees fit to delete the thread I started, that's cool.

BN must’ve pulled the trigger too soon; I imagine a bigger announcement is forthcoming. That’s said, my pre-order is still active!

~GoldDustWoman~ 09-11-2020 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueLight (Post 1259930)
BN must’ve pulled the trigger too soon; I imagine a bigger announcement is forthcoming. That’s said, my pre-order is still active!

I wasn't sure if that means the orders are still active I guess that means we don't have to pre-order them? :shocked:

sleepless child 09-11-2020 11:14 AM

They've taken it down. bummer. Hopefully it will be back up soon.

Jondalar 09-11-2020 01:21 PM

How does she make money off this Limited Edition stuff?

~GoldDustWoman~ 09-11-2020 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1259940)
How does she make money off this Limited Edition stuff?

Pre-Sale/Sales? Not really sure, I know for instance the Vinyl Please Exlusive record can be bought on Amazon now for higher then what it was on VMP. What about say the Rhino releases that she doesn't promote does she make money on those?

paleshadow 09-15-2020 12:41 PM

Supposedly the official announcement is tomorrow. I read the B&N vinyl is on "limited edition crystal clear vinyl". They did that with Crystal Visions and I had to return it 3x because it was defective. I wonder if there will be a previously unreleased studio song included.

Jondalar 09-15-2020 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paleshadow (Post 1259993)
Supposedly the official announcement is tomorrow. I read the B&N vinyl is on "limited edition crystal clear vinyl". They did that with Crystal Visions and I had to return it 3x because it was defective. I wonder if there will be a previously unreleased studio song included.

She is on twitter and all she wrote is Tomorrow... great photo of her though.

So we know she is releasing something tomorrow.

~GoldDustWoman~ 09-15-2020 01:58 PM

Showings for the film are up on a AUS Theater website, and the album is up on Apple but not for pre-order just for preview (only Gypsy is available). I'm guessing this is what will be shared tomorrow.

Avoca Beach Theater
Apple Music

~GoldDustWoman~ 09-15-2020 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paleshadow (Post 1259993)

That's what I heard that many were unhappy with the quality of the vinyl

Jondalar 09-15-2020 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~GoldDustWoman~ (Post 1259997)
Showings for the film are up on a AUS Theater website, and the album is up on Apple but not for pre-order just for preview (only Gypsy is available). I'm guessing this is what will be shared tomorrow.

Avoca Beach Theater
Apple Music

I don’t see it on Apple.

~GoldDustWoman~ 09-15-2020 07:59 PM

I realized when my friend pointed out, that what is on Apple is only available in the New Zealand store not the US Store. This is so freaking confusing. Really hoping whatever Stevie posts about tomorrow will clarify what is being released and when and where for this whole project because its such a big cluster right now.

~GoldDustWoman~ 09-16-2020 12:01 AM

Gypsy (Live) From 24 Karat Gold Tour Album is up on Spotify!!
Spotify

Jondalar 09-16-2020 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~GoldDustWoman~ (Post 1260011)
Gypsy (Live) From 24 Karat Gold Tour Album is up on Spotify!!
Spotify

I actually liked it. Deeper voice and the harmonies are a little different than usual.

What I really like is the album cover. I like the colors, font and photo and how it all ties into the 24k album. It’s a quality album cover.

Andyleo 09-16-2020 05:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 13196This is on iTunes Australia, available 30th October

sleepless child 09-16-2020 06:30 AM

It's back on Rough Trade and it's also on US itunes.

jalfim1 09-16-2020 07:46 AM

Target has 2 cd set "with limited edition album art"

Only at Target

Street Date: October 30, 2020

Description
01 Stand Back (Live)
02 Crying In The Night (Live)
03 If You Were My Love (Live)
04 Gold Dust Woman (Live)
05 Edge Of Seventeen (Live)
06 Rhiannon (Live)
07 Landslide (Live)

Compact Disc 2

01 Gold And Braid (Live)
02 If Anyone Falls (Live)
03 Stop Draggin' My Heart Around (Live)
04 Belle Fleur (Live)
05 Gypsy (Live)
06 Wild Heart / Bella Donna (Live)
07 Enchanted (Live)
08 New Orleans (Live)
09 Starshine (Live)
10 Moonlight (A Vampire's Dream) [Live]

Jondalar 09-16-2020 10:01 AM

Why is she advertising the concert, but not the album? Most people aren’t noticing that a live album is coming out and they can’t go to the concert. Doesn’t make sense. And is there a DVD coming of this performance?

Richard B 09-16-2020 10:13 AM

https://www.stevienicksfilm.com

Website live...guess Target is the one to buy for the complete 2-CD set. That said, I am not seeing any information regarding the actual film releasing on home video. I assume, like many films, it will release later after the screenings on blu-ray/dvd....wouldn't mind a 4K release of the film either.

mitzo 09-16-2020 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1260022)
Why is she advertising the concert, but not the album? Most people aren’t noticing that a live album is coming out and they can’t go to the concert. Doesn’t make sense. And is there a DVD coming of this performance?

I am confused whether we are getting a convert vid and album, or just the latter.

Jondalar 09-16-2020 11:09 AM

She is getting a lot of negative comments online about asking people to see this in theaters. Some people are still scared of the virus and want this streamed instead. They don’t like her asking people to go to theaters, especially since she posted stuff about the virus. She also didn’t mention if this was going to be on DVD and streamed at all.

sorcerer999 09-16-2020 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1260026)
I am confused whether we are getting a convert vid and album, or just the latter.

My best guess is that we're only getting the CD/Vinyl in October. But I'd be willing to bet they'll release a DVD/Blu-ray sometime next year. These little concert film distribution companies (in this case, Trafalgar) like to pull these "one or two night ONLY" theatre events and then release them on Home Media several months later.

I guess we'll see what happens.

~GoldDustWoman~ 09-16-2020 12:35 PM

Was discussing it with a fellow fan and was wondering if perhaps they already had some type of contract to screen it and had no choice but to finally release it. Since over the past few months a few dates for a screening would pop up but then disappear. I'm sure she doesn't want people to get ill but she may have had to fufill some type of contractual obligation.
I did notice a few people indicating they were upset with it being in theaters asking if there was a PPV option.
:shrug:

Jondalar 09-16-2020 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~GoldDustWoman~ (Post 1260030)
Was discussing it with a fellow fan and was wondering if perhaps they already had some type of contract to screen it and had no choice but to finally release it. Since over the past few months a few dates for a screening would pop up but then disappear. I'm sure she doesn't want people to get ill but she may have had to fufill some type of contractual obligation.
I did notice a few people indicating they were upset with it being in theaters asking if there was a PPV option.
:shrug:

Are you hinting around that you wouldn’t die for Stevie!!!! 😡😡😡😡

cbBen 09-16-2020 03:39 PM

Stevie Nicks Announces 24 Karat Gold Concert Film and Live Album

https://www.pastemagazine.com/music/...ampaign=200916

Jondalar 09-17-2020 03:42 AM

You know, I’m still mad at Stevie but I find it impressive that at 72 years old, she is still able to release an album with some fanfare. Not that the album is going to sale well. Even modern day acts like Miley Cyrus struggle to get a Gold album. But it’s something that at such an old age she was able to release 24k gold and then release a live album from that tour with a push a record company. These are classy releases. That’s really something. I don’t know if it’s just because she is rock royalty or that her later releases are doing better than expected. However it’s surprising. I think the artwork from the new looks great and it’s another classy release. I wonder if thinks this is her last album.

kak125 09-17-2020 11:34 AM

I am really excited for this release but am hoping for some sort of DVD or Itunes release at some point. I definitely won't be going into a movie theater to see it just not worth the risk. I'm really happy they used footage from the Pittsburgh show! I had to slow down the video to make sure. I was in 7th row right side of the floor.

BombaySapphire3 09-18-2020 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1260013)
I actually liked it. Deeper voice and the harmonies are a little different than usual.

What I really like is the album cover. I like the colors, font and photo and how it all ties into the 24k album. It’s a quality album cover.

She couldn't pull Gypsy off live almost 40 years ago so why on earth would she be able to now? The song was a product of studio wizardy. This new version is monotone and droning .

HomerMcvie 09-18-2020 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1260045)
She couldn't pull Gypsy off live almost 40 years ago so why on earth would she be able to now? The song was a product of studio wizardy. This new version is monotone and droning .

She's never done it well. Back when the Mirage video came out, we made fun of it even then(when I was a huge Stevie fan). She did that entire first line in a horrible monotone.

Macfan4life 09-18-2020 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1260046)
She's never done it well. Back when the Mirage video came out, we made fun of it even then(when I was a huge Stevie fan). She did that entire first line in a horrible monotone.

And it fit the song perfectly. Gypsy builds and explodes with one of the best bridge vocals of any song ever and then goes back down. It fits with the music perfectly. She lets the music shine and back her with a nice balance. Her not over singing in the verse part really works with the song musically and makes the bridge that much more powerful.

A Mariah Carey version of the song would not have worked ;)

stevierocks87 09-18-2020 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1260046)

I know the album was sweetened a lot in post-production, but I always thought the Dance version of Gypsy was pretty sublime. It's def gotten worse over time since then.

HomerMcvie 09-18-2020 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1260047)
And it fit the song perfectly. Gypsy builds and explodes with one of the best bridge vocals of any song ever and then goes back down. It fits with the music perfectly. She lets the music shine and back her with a nice balance. Her not over singing in the verse part really works with the song musically and makes the bridge that much more powerful.

A Mariah Carey version of the song would not have worked ;)

I'm sure that's the sound Lindsey, Richard and Ken were going for...."Hey Stevie, don't over sing this. Stick to a one note range for the verses.":lol:

Macfan4life 09-18-2020 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1260049)
I'm sure that's the sound Lindsey, Richard and Ken were going for...."Hey Stevie, don't over sing this. Stick to a one note range for the verses.":lol:

Gypsy is not my all time favorite FM song but I definitely like it alot. Its what I would say is the perfect song IMHO. The intro, the beat, the music, the melody, the lyrics, the bridge, the guitar ending and even the crazy overdubs. It all jells together (mostly because of Lindsey) and I think the song is also perfect vocally. Would not change a thing......well maybe a little chop sticks here and there ;)
Did you know that in real life Gypsy was also a Silver Girl living in a high tech world?
Little known fact just to pass on.

BigAl84 09-18-2020 11:04 AM

The punched up audience applause in parts is super obvious and annoying.

Better than I expected overall, but I'm sure this has been fine-tuned (literally) in post-production for weeks.

HomerMcvie 09-18-2020 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1260051)
Did you know that in real life Gypsy was also a Silver Girl living in a high tech world?

That really is one of the worst songs in the history of music.

HomerMcvie 09-18-2020 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1260052)
The punched up audience applause in parts is super obvious and annoying.

Better than I expected overall, but I'm sure this has been fine-tuned (literally) in post-production for weeks.

I never realized(back then) why they rarely show the guitar solos up close...

It's because they're nearly all going to be overdubbed, and the fingers won't match what you're hearing!

tothegypsy 09-18-2020 04:26 PM

I like this new recording of Gypsy, but I think this will always be the best live version:

https://youtu.be/m5HeRgOVOMw