The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So...now what? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57929)

BigAl84 05-21-2018 10:05 AM

So...now what?

Lindsey is out.

One interview with rolling stone.

Ticket sales are not exactly stellar.

Tour doesn't start for 5 months.

Radio Silence.

Not sure I understand their premise. :]

They need to up their game if they want to sell this "new band"

lbfan 05-21-2018 10:26 AM

Rehearsals

And rehearsals don’t start until August.

aleuzzi 05-21-2018 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1228671)

This is gold. Thank you!

Dr.Brown 05-21-2018 11:02 AM

Quote:

Lindsey is out.

Radio Silence.

Hush now, the one calling all the shots for the new band is still grieving Tom...

mitzo 05-21-2018 11:10 AM

I guess we just keep pouring venom on the remaining members of the band and worshipping the fired saint, a former abuser of women with anger issues, who wanted to make another FM album which would have been heavily loaded with his own woefully unpopular solo songs which ruined the last several albums and made sales mediocre.

jmn3 05-21-2018 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1228680)
I guess we just keep pouring venom on the remaining members of the band and worshipping the fired saint, a former abuser of women with anger issues, who wanted to make another FM album which would have been heavily loaded with his own woefully unpopular solo songs which ruined the last several albums and made sales mediocre.

If only we had a full album of gems like Silver Girl then they’d have had another Rumours on their hands! Oh wait, that was Anger Mc’busers fault too.

BigAl84 05-21-2018 11:31 AM

Quote:

LOL speaking of pouring venom, did you happen to read your own post?

For the record, this thread was intended to create discussion about the lack of promotion or press for a tour that isn't starting for about 5 months with new band members.

bwboy 05-21-2018 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1228681)
If only we had a full album of gems like Silver Girl then they’d have had another Rumours on their hands! Oh wait, that was Anger Mc’busers fault too.

In all seriousness, it's interesting to me how divided this board is. I dislike Silver Girl and skip it; a Lindsey fan might say Stevie's songwriting sucks and that's why it's no good, while a Stevie fan might say Lindsey's production sucks and that's why it's no good. I say it's a bad song because it just is. With Thrown Down, Stevie and Lindsey fans might say the exact opposite if they like the song- Stevie is what makes the song good vs Lindsey is what makes the song good. I say it's a good song because it just is. Generally, I admit if I like or dislike a song, I credit (or blame) the songwriter more often than not. And there are definitely a handful of Stevie, Lindsey, and Christine songs that I hate. Not a lot, but definitely a handful. Silver Girl, Family Man, and Honey Hi, are all songs I dislike, but of course plenty of people here like them.

BigAl84 05-21-2018 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1228681)

You know, you're right. She should of had Sandy Stewart write another hit for her. :]

via GIPHY

bwboy 05-21-2018 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1228682)
For the record, this thread was intended to create discussion about the lack of promotion or press for a tour that isn't starting for about 5 months with new band members.

I think it makes sense that we won't hear much from the band until late August or early September, and then we'll see a lot of interviews and peeks of the upcoming tour. To do publicity now when they're not doing rehearsals until August would be pointless. Just my opinion. Do people think the timing of the tour and silence right now is a bad idea, or that it's indicative of a problem behind the scenes? I think it's pretty smart to announce the firing of Lindsey and the replacements in quick fashion, along with the tour dates, and then a few months of silence to give folks time to process the lineup changes.

TrueFaith77 05-21-2018 11:53 AM

Quote:

Lindsey is out.

Radio Silence.

Well I think ticket sales actually seem to be really good. The tour was like 8 of the top 10 selling events last week or something (I don't have the link).

So they had to do the interviews to introduce the new line-up and announce the tour.

In the meantime, there's been this SiriusXM thing which I suspect has been more help than hurt in the album and ticket sales department.

I'm more perturbed by lack of concrete details from the Lindsey camp about the best of and supporting tour.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1228685)
I think it makes sense that we won't hear much from the band until late August or early September, and then we'll see a lot of interviews and peeks of the upcoming tour. To do publicity now when they're not doing rehearsals until August would be pointless. Just my opinion. Do people think the timing of the tour and silence right now is a bad idea, or that it's indicative of a problem behind the scenes? I think it's pretty smart to announce the firing of Lindsey and the replacements in quick fashion, along with the tour dates, and then a few months of silence to give folks time to process the lineup changes.

Well perhaps the inference is that, as a new band, they should get in the studio and cut an EP ahead of the tour and rehearsals. But they won't.

button-lip 05-21-2018 11:55 AM

Quote:

The fired saint and former abuser also made miracles in the seventies on the barely well-written poems of the one who kept avoiding the stork visit over and over again.... remember that?

BigAl84 05-21-2018 11:57 AM

There's usually quite a bit of press when there is a tour including lindsey, I just thought it was odd that it's been so low key and they have a new lineup to deal with.

Unless...and I'm not saying this to be inflammatory, they thought low key was the best way to handle it with tickets going on sale etc. Downplay the shakeup etc.

BigAl84 05-21-2018 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1228687)
The fired saint and former abuser also made miracles in the seventies on the barely well-written poems of the one who kept avoiding the stork visit over and over again.... remember that?

You two need a time out.

via GIPHY

jmn3 05-21-2018 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1228683)
In all seriousness, it's interesting to me how divided this board is. I dislike Silver Girl and skip it; a Lindsey fan might say Stevie's songwriting sucks and that's why it's no good, while a Stevie fan might say Lindsey's production sucks and that's why it's no good. I say it's a bad song because it just is. With Thrown Down, Stevie and Lindsey fans might say the exact opposite if they like the song- Stevie is what makes the song good vs Lindsey is what makes the song good. I say it's a good song because it just is. Generally, I admit if I like or dislike a song, I credit (or blame) the songwriter more often than not. And there are definitely a handful of Stevie, Lindsey, and Christine songs that I hate. Not a lot, but definitely a handful. Silver Girl, Family Man, and Honey Hi, are all songs I dislike, but of course plenty of people here like them.

I’m with you on a lot of this. No amount of production could help Silver Girl. The lyrics are dreadful. It’s right up there with When I See You Again’s uninspired turd lyrics. Family Man and Honey Hi are also brutal. And I absolutely can’t stand Only Over You. The beginning is nails on a chalkboard to me.

I also have no issues admitting that whatever was done to Smile at You was a complete shame. The production sucks. But then I hear what Stevie did to If You Were My Love in the many demo iterations post-Mirage up to and including how she played it on tour and I think how the hell could you ruin such a great song (Mirage era)?

sue 05-21-2018 12:36 PM

So what now.....
Buy some tickets for that other load of 70 year olds.....The Stones.

Oh and already have tickets to see the ancient Manfred Mann with the legendary
Paul Jones...(who has a painting in the attic)

Go to see Travis In August
Catch Rick Wakeman on tour.
Go to Egon Schiels exhibition in Liverpool.
In other words forget about FM for awhile

dreamsunwind 05-21-2018 12:42 PM

Quote:

Last several albums?
There's been exactly one Fleetwood Mac studio album with Lindsey since the hugely successful Tango in the Night.

TrueFaith77 05-21-2018 12:44 PM

Silver Girl and Miranda are my least favorite tracks on the album. Yet they are sonically beautiful and full of wondrous insights:

Silver Girl:
Sometimes she was just an actress
But you'll never really know
A shadow moves across her face
You cannot see her soul
Unless she lets you
See her soul

bwboy 05-21-2018 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1228691)
I’m with you on a lot of this. No amount of production could help Silver Girl. The lyrics are dreadful. It’s right up there with When I See You Again’s uninspired turd lyrics. Family Man and Honey Hi are also brutal. And I absolutely can’t stand Only Over You. The beginning is nails on a chalkboard to me.

So glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. And I completely agree about When I See You Again- so bad. The only saving grace about that song is Lindsey's beautiful vocals near the end. Only Over You is a stinker, although I admit I can tolerate more than the others already mentioned.

"Uninspired turd lyrics" is probably my favorite new phrase now LOL!

mitzo 05-21-2018 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1228700)
Last several albums?
There's been exactly one Fleetwood Mac studio album with Lindsey since the hugely successful Tango in the Night.

Extended Play stank to high heaven and was all Linds all the time.

dreamsunwind 05-21-2018 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1228740)
Extended Play stank to high heaven and was all Linds all the time.

That's not an album....
It's an EP with only 4 songs lol that got recorded in like, one week and released with practically no promotion. It didn't even have a cover photo lol. Stevie only offered one old demo that, as she wanted, was done almost the exact same way.
The only Lindsey song I didn't like from that was Miss Fantasy, the other two were just whatever.

jwd 05-21-2018 05:33 PM

Quote:

Lindsey is out.

Radio Silence.

Don't forget about the Sirius XM FM channel. Although limited run, for now, seems to be quite popular. I mean at least it is, from what I see posted on these boards. I wonder just how much this kind of station promotes FM, and more importantly the upcoming tour. ???

Dr.Brown 05-21-2018 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1228701)
Silver Girl and Miranda are my least favorite tracks on the album. Yet they are sonically beautiful and full of wondrous insights:

Silver Girl:
Sometimes she was just an actress
But you'll never really know
A shadow moves across her face
You cannot see her soul
Unless she lets you
See her soul

Dylanesque, one might say...

bwboy 05-21-2018 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1228741)
The only Lindsey song I didn't like from that was Miss Fantasy, the other two were just whatever.

Miss Fantasy was my favorite song from the EP :laugh: Sad Angel was pretty good, the other two I didn't care for.

AncientQueen 05-21-2018 05:59 PM

Quote:

This post is just pathetic. The former abusing and the anger issues did not stop the band from continuing to work with said saint for nearly 40 years. So that argument is actually just some awkward attempt to give the current band credibility when there is none to find anywhere. Also blaming Lindsey Buckingham for the lack of album sales - when he actually was the sole creative force that made the albums happen in the first place - is pouring venom on a former band member, so the pot is calling the cattle black.

button-lip 05-21-2018 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1228690)
You two need a time out.

via GIPHY

Hmmm, excuse me but what did I say here that was inappropiate? :shrug:

bwboy 05-21-2018 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1228754)

Your reference to Stevie killing her babies, I think. Or did you mean something else when you referred to "the stork?" If you want to bring up abortion in this thread, as it was brought up in another thread, that's your choice but is it really necessary? I mean, I'm all for a discussion on it if you really want to talk about it, but why not just start a thread called "Stevie murdered her babies" instead of bringing it up at random?

Angel75 05-21-2018 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1228698)
So what now.....

I love Travis, wish they'd tour elsewhere

TrueFaith77 05-21-2018 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel75 (Post 1228760)
I love Travis, wish they'd tour elsewhere

Travis’ THE MAN WHO is the greatest album this century not by Morrissey. They’ve not gotten close since tho. But I still take a listen just in case

dreamsunwind 05-21-2018 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1228748)
Miss Fantasy was my favorite song from the EP :laugh: Sad Angel was pretty good, the other two I didn't care for.

It's not necessarily a bad song, I'm just not a fan of how he made his voice sound. In general I don't really like those vocal filters he's done on himself a lot in recent years. They sounded really cool on his albums in the 80s but now it just makes it sound a bit much. I get that he's gotten older and he never really had the strongest voice to begin with but I still think it sounds better more natural. I liked his songs from the This is 40 soundtrack a lot for that reason. And on the BuckVie album, save for one or two songs, he also toned it down with the voice filters.

elle 05-21-2018 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1228698)
So what now.....

:thumbsup:

i'm sure that's well worth it! every time i saw The Stones they were great. but - they are only touring Europe, and just several places in Europe, mostly stadiums. of course GA floor / grass tix are way cheaper than the Mac, and i am eyeing some of their shows this summer....

i have way too many shows i'm seeing in the next few months actually. some newer or brand new bands, some known, some unknowns, some older but still vital and making new music like Robert Plant (with Sheryl Crow in fact!) and David Byrne.

so far i'm keeping fall schedule open for Lindsey B, i really hope he gives us some dates soon!

button-lip 05-21-2018 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1228758)
Your reference to Stevie killing her babies, I think. Or did you mean something else when you referred to "the stork?" If you want to bring up abortion in this thread, as it was brought up in another thread, that's your choice but is it really necessary? I mean, I'm all for a discussion on it if you really want to talk about it, but why not just start a thread called "Stevie murdered her babies" instead of bringing it up at random?

I don't think I was asking you, but how funny that you choose when to talk to me! I don't think I used those words you're using now, but I was answering a post about Lindsey and his past you conveniently choose to avoid, because you couldn't care less what some fans here say about him, even though you say you like Lindsey. At least I don't pretend I like Stevie.

To talk endlessly about Lindsey's past isn't also necessary, and yet it happens and of course, you don't jump at all, even though you like Lindsey.

Random? Seriously? How many threads have others started about Lindsey's past? Gimme a break!

Nick 05-21-2018 06:43 PM

Hoping they're secretly recording new material.

elle 05-21-2018 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 1228766)
Hoping they're secretly recording new material.

agree, the band should be recording now. they have months before they start rehearsal, and by their own words they have nothing to do. they pushed tour and rehearsals way back.

that's what they did in 2 months they did before 2014 / OWTS tour. basically most of BuckVie was recorded and wrapped then, and they have even more time now.

elle 05-21-2018 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1228686)
I'm more perturbed by lack of concrete details from the Lindsey camp about the best of and supporting tour.

yes, i really need those dates!

i mean i'm happy he's all positive and telling everyone he'll tour starting in August or so - but i need those dates, man, i need to plan!

BigAl84 05-21-2018 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1228754)

Hey...I was just trying to inject some freakin humour so calm down and relax.

For sh!t take dont take yourself too seriously or anything...

BigAl84 05-21-2018 07:12 PM

Have we really gotten to the point we can't joke around?

Goodnight and happy bickering.

elle 05-21-2018 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1228776)
Hey...I was just trying to inject some freakin humour so calm down and relax.

i think she was trying to inject some balance. you know, vs angus mcabuser or whatever others were talking about. :nod:

PS reading the whole thread, you had balance in your scorning of both sides too. and - please don't go, you and Sasja are keeping it fun around here!!

BigAl84 05-21-2018 07:23 PM

I will admit the premise remark was a stevie reference but in total truth I am thrown off by their once and done approach with the situation and they act like nothing happened.

Dr.Brown 05-21-2018 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1228779)
Have we really gotten to the point we can't joke around?

Goodnight and happy bickering.

Can't imagine we'll ever get back to the point where The Ledge actually had a long-running thread called "The Stevie of Death" in the Stevie Nicks forum.:distress:

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=28100